[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it rude to drop the bar during a heavy deadlift /fit/m8s?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (130 KB, 397x273) Image search: [Google]
image.png
130 KB, 397x273
Is it rude to drop the bar during a heavy deadlift /fit/m8s?
>>
SHIGGY DIGGY DOG
>>
>>36639967
Only if it's like 400+lbs.
Otherwise it's fairly easy to guide the bar down again, you don't have to do a negative rep, you just slow it a little.
>>
>>36639967
imho as long as you arent training for competitions where u only have to bring the bar up - you shouldnt just drop the bar down

if you do this you are literally skipping half of the workout
>>
most people injur themselves on the way down so don't go slow but don't just slam it down
>>
>>36639990
this doesn't make sense at all lol

if someone is doing 150 and that is their 400+ how do you expect them to let the bar down gentle
>>
>>36640061
have you forgotten where you are
>>
I find it stupid. Yo cans et it down hard but don't drop or let go of it.
>>
>>36640061
its like with mixed grip

up to some point you are allowed to use mixed grip, because normal grip becomes too weak and u cant really do anything about it

and at some point you are allowed to drop the bar, because you are weaker at the negative phase

although I dont think that 400lbs is enough to give yourself that excuse
>>
>>36639967
rude to who? the floor?
>>
>>36640084
if I somehow miraculously got 400lb off the ground because the gods just fucking willed it, and locked it, there is no fucking way I wouldn't drop that shit with the force of a supernova exploding out of your moms snatch during childbirth
>>
>>36639967
If you're in a oly gym, no.

Anywhere else and it's a no-lift and you should be ashamed for doing it.

Also, if you do it with iron plates and not bumpers, you're the scum of the earth.
>>
>>36639967
are you maxing or doing singles? no

if you're doing sets of 3 or more and dropping it every rep? then you're being a dick
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.