[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>there are people who find cutting weight hard I never understood
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 11
File: howwww.jpg (60 KB, 500x495) Image search: [Google]
howwww.jpg
60 KB, 500x495
>there are people who find cutting weight hard

I never understood this.

the only way it could be difficult if you're getting close to 4% bodyfat. but just losing fat? how is it supposed to be hard? you just do less of something. you just eat less.
>>
File: macroshit.jpg (16 KB, 325x244) Image search: [Google]
macroshit.jpg
16 KB, 325x244
the macroshit is what gets me. tracking all that shit seems daunting as hell, has me like pic related
>>
i love the fuck out of food man that's why
>>
>>36638761

Are you fucking retarded man? Counting macros isn't hard at all as long as you know your goals
>>
File: 1453255075292.jpg (36 KB, 720x990) Image search: [Google]
1453255075292.jpg
36 KB, 720x990
>tfw was cutting perfectly for 2 weeks straight with no cheat days
>then I cheated and have been on and off for like 5 days

I'm on DNP now though so I feel a lot more confident. I only gotta lose like 20lbs too and I got 100caps.
>>
>>36638761
I don't understand it either. Is the difference between 500 and 501 really gonna put you over the edge? I mean whose body is so refined that it burns at a constant from day to day regardless of activities.

>>36638727
I wouldn't know that feel senpai. I have a hard enough time GAINING wait. Bulking doesn't work for shit. Just makes me poo more
>>
Same as how a stupid scary skellington struggles to eat more than a piece of bread with a glass of water everyday m8

I myself can very easily go over 4k cal if I don't track shit, because I simply don't feel full enough to stop
>>
>>36638782
well i'm definitely not smart, even some of the more basic math concepts in high school i struggled with.

it's probably because i'm 19 and never really cooked my own meals, usually ate out or ate something painfully shit tasting and boring like plain chicken breast right off the stove, plain oats etc
>>
>>36638798
I finally learned to know when im full. Trick is, I'm depressed and if I'm not filling the hole with drugs it's getting filled with food.

So now I feel extra bad overeating because it provides not only 0 pleasure, but makes me self concious of being a fat fuck with an addictive personality

All that to say, you /can/ learn to know and feel when you've eaten enough. Same as skellys can learn to suck it up and eat more
>>
>>36638641
drugs aren't actually that bad

ALCOHOL is what you have to watch out for, because it makes you fat real quick if youre over 150lbs and like to feel gud
>>
Honestly my only problem with it is that it takes too long.
>>
File: image.png (124 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
image.png
124 KB, 500x333
I will honestly come out and say that yes, I find it hard to cut.

Why? Beer.

I could have a perfect diet, routine and schedule... But social life along with liquor/mostly beer seriously hinders my cut.

I'll get absolutely drunk with friends, eat terrible, go on several day binders, etc.

I'm not a fatass, but I have put on a little bit of weight after the military. If it weren't for beer and my shitty, undisciplined attitude, I would look a lot better.

Just my little confession, /fit/.
>>
>>36638889
sometimes i envy the straight edgers who never opened pandoras box in the first place, dont even know the pleasures of drugs and alcohol

only sometimes
>>
>>36638727
>have to break through the carb reserves first so that your body starts to consume fat
>breaking through the Glycogen reserves means that your body goes into panic mode
>when your body is in panic mode, all of your decisions around food becomes corrupted
>everything that leads to thinking about food, ends up in a surplus
>basically a +5 on bad food decisions
>the only way to go around that is to be -6 on bad food decisions beforehand

I made it though, it is like hell, but I managed to keep up an extreme amount of food stress, and not break once, for more than a whole week, and now I am below 9% bodyfat.

I could probably get to 6% like this in another round of "ignore the huge amounts of bad feelings, not being able to sleep or function well"
>>
>>36638889
>>36638896
>having friends

lmao
>>
>>36638889
Light beer? Or weed? Don't you get sick of hangovers?
>>
>eat less
>get weaker in gym
>muscles get smaller
>become softer, fat still there
>constantly questioning whether cutting is a good idea when you're performance in the gym keeps decreasing
>end up looking worse in the end
>>
I honestly cannot cut to save my life and I know for a fact it's due to drinking. I spend all week studying and working so completely binging over the weekend fucks me hard with this.
>>
>>36638904
>implying i'm not a daily r9k user who does everything he does by himself

"and all I loved, I loved alone"

kek
>>
>>36638782
>this thing is hard for me
>WHAT ARE YOU, RETARDED???

Wow man so helpful I bet you've got a ton of friends. Maybe just help the guy and keep shit like this to /b/ or don't post at all?

>inb4 this is 4chan
>>
>>36638913
>what is perseverance
>>
>>36638920
>going to r9k

Okay, now I just feel bad for you.
>>
>>36638926
What is there to persevere for? Losing gains?
>>
>>36638932
Obviously you lose gains when you cut. You're just too paranoid you'll only lose muscle. Up your protons and you'll be fine.
>>
>>36638909
Don't smoke weed at all.

I just drink craft beer a lot. I live down the street from a nice little brewery (Hangar 24), so I go there often.

And then after that, I go to bars and shit, only to drink shitty beer, liquor and smoke cigarettes.
>>
File: L6MLT.jpg (23 KB, 428x350) Image search: [Google]
L6MLT.jpg
23 KB, 428x350
>>36638727

not a cop-out but a predisposition plays a very large role in your physique.

even counting cals and getting macros perfect, if your hormones and genes are shit or if you're recovering fatty (the two go hand-in-hand), you will always be fighting an uphill battle

and then there's the lucky bunch that look like this taking 3 months a year off training while taking no drugs (this obviously changed later in his career) and eating fast food ~3 times per week
>>
>>36638955
damn dude will smith is swole as fuck
>>
File: 1457038988908.jpg (22 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1457038988908.jpg
22 KB, 225x225
>>36638913
this is the black pill of natural lifting

naturals have 2 choices pretty much
>lean small mode
8-11% ripped, not strong, looks average in clothing
or
>bulky mode
15-20% bf, strong, has a very real presence in clothing but looks like a cave troll shirtless

or something in between
>>
>>36638955

>inb4 thermodynamics
>>
>>36638964

You're right, and option 1.7 is definitely better.
>>
Know that feel, OP. Nothing made me lose respect for fatties more than my first cut. For the longest time, I kept slim by just not eating until bursting full and eating when I'm actually hungry. I still ate junk and crap for the most part. I was told by the fatties in my life that counting calories was stressful, hard and was "dangerous" from a mental standpoint.

When I went on my first cut, I realised how false this was. I counted calories meticulously and shed the pounds I'd put on during the "comfortable" part of a previous relationship quickly. Sure, I didn't lose the optimum amount of weight during each week, but I made great progress overall even with a couple of off days.

Bulking is only a difficult task for me because of my mental barrier against becoming chubby/unaesthetic, so clean bulking (300-500 cal excess) is the only way for me. Eating the food is possible, just like not eating the food is.
>>
>>36638961
>>
File: damnyougirl.jpg (79 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
damnyougirl.jpg
79 KB, 500x500
>>36638727
Not that easy OP. Not my case, but plateau stage is fucking difficult for some people. Perhaps you're naturally skinny but there's people that take plateau phase as hell.
>>
>>36638977

OP here. let me write a long ass post of my bulking/cutting story.

bulked to 191cm, 101kg, did some powerlifting meets, then dislocated my left shoulder with a dumbbell (oh fuck lol - was my reaction) and stopped lifting seriously for several months, just did light lifting. I just ate like I normally would, didn't force feed myself like when I was bulking. my body returned to its natural weight - like 85kg or something. that was my weight when I started lifting. of course I had more muscle mass this time and was leaner. wouldn't call myself aesthetic at the time, although I did have overtrained legs, deltoids, forearms, and back so that was nice.

to me the hardest part was bulking up to 100kg+. once you get past 95kg it becomes a real fucking pain. miss one day of force feeding, you'll need to eat more the day after. it's like going in debt to a bank. your bank is your body. miss your daily payment of calories, and you'll need to pay more the day after, or you're saying good bye to your 95kg. also counting calories became a pain at some point as well, since when you're close to 100kg your weight fluctuates a lot. 98 in the morning, 101 at night. at some point it just feels unnatural in a way. I mean I had to fucking force food down my throat. I looked like a semi-fridge and lifted big weights but eating became a chore.

all of this shit was in like 2011 and 2012.

I don't compete in powerlifting anymore. kinda miss it though!
>>
>>36638896
I'm the straight edger.
Only think I had is little bit of beer, some champagne (New Years) and some fruity ciders.
They all tasted unappealing to me, so I never drink. Why would I if I have the best tasting drink around me everywhere (which is water).
>>
File: ValerieOrsiniN00ds.jpg (1 MB, 1200x1800) Image search: [Google]
ValerieOrsiniN00ds.jpg
1 MB, 1200x1800
>>36639143
>>
>>36638761
Use MyFitnessPal. It makes keeping track of your daily macros really easy. Just make sure the macronutrients for each food listed is correct.
>>
I found it hard to stop eating shitty, but once you get over the first 2 weeks or so you stop getting the strong craving for sugar/fat and it gets way easier.

I would've sucked a dick for a can of coke by day 5 but now I don't drink carbonated or sugary drinks at all and have no desire to.

[spoiler]the dick tho[/spoiler]
>>
>>36639166
Is that Brittany Murphy?
>>
>>36639143

you're right about being naturally skinny. I'm a lanky ass fuccboi. takes a lot of mass to surround my long bones. even at 101kg I didn't really LOOK like I it. had no stomach or anything.
>>
10/10
Bake yourself a cookie or two.
>>
File: 1457860562694.png (312 KB, 616x535) Image search: [Google]
1457860562694.png
312 KB, 616x535
>>36638885
true weed helps sleep and appetite
>>36638964
>or you're just an undisciplined pussy
>>
A lot of people like to do social activities with friends, many of whom do not share a fitness lifestyle. By eating clean/having discipline at a social setting, you receive immense pressure to "cheat" or "live a little".

Sometimes this is a legitimate attempt by them in order to get you to loosen up, sometimes it's a sense of shame/guilt in themselves and that they want you to cheat on your diet so they feel less horrible about not having discipline of their own.

See: Fat girls getting thin girls to "eat a cheeseburger".

Also, booze. Booze has tons of calories, and I've been reduced to drinking nothing but vodka+sugar free redbulls, Gin and (diet) tonics, or Bacardi+Diet coke.

There have been times after a draining workout when I've eaten my full calories in lean protein and then gone out with friends/coworkers. I've had to sneak a flask full of water and drink it pretending its booze to avoid cheating on my diet or being *that* guy. You can only be the DD so many times.
>>
>>36639232

increase forearm size significantly
decrease head size
inflate chest
bulk to a higher height
>>
>>36638964
>big
>lean
>natty

pick two
>>
>>36639232
>implying you can be lean, dry, vascular, big and natty at the same time
>>
>>36638789
Fucking pussy, I've been cutting perfectly for 4 months whats your excuse?
>>
>>36639287
gee, pal, sorry we aren't as hardcore and cool as you
>>
File: 1424251351549.png (274 KB, 372x420) Image search: [Google]
1424251351549.png
274 KB, 372x420
>>36638896
>sometimes i envy the straight edgers who never opened pandoras box in the first place, dont even know the pleasures of drugs and alcohol
Its called not being an indulging faggot who knows what moderation is
>>
>>36638964
What about 13%bf, slightly higher than average strength, way above average aesthetics?
>>
It's fairly easy, but It would be alot easier if I didn't have type 1 diabetes.

Maintaining healthy bloodsugar levels while eating at a deficit and working out makes it much harder at times
>>
>>36638727
> Why do I fail to understand something this simple?

- I have a social and working life besides lurking /fit
- I love food
- I can easily eat twice my tdee without a sweat so I have to use constraint everyday to even keep maintenance
- I'm old and a manlet and let me guess you're young (17-22 range) and > 6 feet.
- having to exert and focus everyday to keep the 500 kcal deficit is draining when focus and concentration is a limited resource
- shitty genetics
>>
>>36638798
ive been stuck at points where im eating so much i accidentally throw up and then have to eat again and still not be gaining weight.

I dont think you can just continuously bulk without changing something every so often. Otherwise you just shit alot and ur static bpm rises
>>
>>36638727
Replace eating less with breathing less or having less sex and see how retarded your bait is
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.