[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do caffeine pills give you a similar "pump" as a pre-workout
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: Lynx-by-Raymondbarlow.png (952 KB, 1005x675) Image search: [Google]
Lynx-by-Raymondbarlow.png
952 KB, 1005x675
Do caffeine pills give you a similar "pump" as a pre-workout like C4?

-pic related, my current level of pump
>>
just curious before i spend money on things
>>
No.

And I'm the best one to ask because I pretty much never use either one. I also never drink coffee or anything with stims.

I've used 2x250mg caffeine pills a few times and its nothing like the time I've taken just 1 serve of a 200mg caffeine pre workout. The caffeine pills don't give that focus and buzz/fuzzy feeling that the PWO stims give you.

That said, I'm too much of a cheap cunt to buy PWO stims and only ever use them when I get a free sample with my WPC powder.
>>
some good preworkout should help you have more stamina. being able to do more. caffeine will wake you up and get you going.
>>
>>36636974
soda brands that are "caffeine free" can still have small amounts of caffeine in them. example a&w rootbeer from coca-cola.

you don't need stims but they can definitely help. a lot of preworkouts contain various ones including caffeine.
>>
I usually drink a black coffee right before workout, interested in trying some pwo. Last time I tried though, I had a tingly sensation all over my face. While I heard it's normal, it's irritating and I'd prefer one that doesn't do that. Any experiences/recommendations?
>>
I take a 200mg caffeine pill right before a workout, it's really great for improving energy and concentration. Cheap as fuck, too (~5 bucks for 90 pills on Amazon)

As far as I'm concerned, PWO is just caffeine plus some vitamin. Caffeine is 99% of it IMO but that's just my opinion.
>>
>>36637366
those tingles come from beta alanine, when I used to use assault I would get a rash on my face sometimes from them. I switched to optimums pwo and it stopped happening
>>
>>36637423
200mg caffeine in a 20g scoop of pwo 99% of 20 =/= 200mg ???
>>
>>36637423
>far as I'm concerned, PWO is just caffeine plus some vitamin. Caffeine is 99% of it IMO but that's just my opinion.

You don't know what you're talking about.

Go get a free sample of a pre workout stim that only has 200mg caffeine in it and then take it and see how much different the effect is compared to just taking 200mg caffeine pill.

Preworkouts have other ingredients in them which drastically multiply the effect of the caffeine aswell which gives you a feeling you don't get with caffeine alone.

That said I'm still too cheap to buy PWO stims because I don't feel like paying $60/70 for 20-25 serves. I don't even bother taking caffeine pills now they pointless and do nothing compared to a PWO stim.
>>
>>36637435
Assault is what I tried too, thanks boss
>>
>>36637632
Most pwo are less than half the price you stated and I take half of the dose or even a quarter if it's late. I've only used optimum and I like it.

Anyone have other recommendations?
>>
>>36636922
caffeine is just a portion of the pump from C4, you need to add beta-alanine and creatine to the mix for the full effect, buying them separately will save you a lot of cash versus buying a normal preworkout
>>
>>36637423
I do this. It pumps me up a lil bit and keeps me going through my 1.5 hour workout
>>
If I ever take pre workout and do heavy deadlifts/squats I literally feel like I am going to pass out/fall over after the last rep.
>>
>>36637632
The effect is different because it's placebo unless DMAA. You fell hard for the supplement jew.
>>
>>36637669
Im in australia, most PWOs are $60-70.

>>36639213
Not placebo. Im not a hypochondriac and I dont believe in anything. But the very few times I have used PWO stims I get extreme focus, a fuzzy/buzz like feeling, much more aware of surroundings. Similiar to that have a really powerful energy drink.

Taking caffeine pills doesn't have the same effect, even energy drinks (with the same equivalent caffeine dosages) still feel much different to just plain caffeine pills.

I don't even buy PWO stims and I am telling you they're different lol. I don't have any personal interest in them, all I am saying is the truth of my own experiences with the few times Ive used them, plain old caffeine pills is nothing like a pwo stim, regardless of the caffeine dosage, because the caffeine isn't what gives that intense focus/buzz.
>>
Who the hell takes pwo?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.