[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
muscle catabolism starvation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
how long until my body stops eating my muscles and goes back to eating fat

day 6 now and i'm not seeing much.
>>
>>36636272
that depends on your diet. If you are eating lots of protein and less carbs and fat, your body will take more from your fat stores. However, you are still going to be losing muscle mass as you lose weight. Are you seeing results on your scale? Are you counting calories? Did you read the sticky?
>>
>>36636272
just supplement with testosterone to keep the muscle

do more than 500mg/week unless you know your stuff is pharma grade
>>
>>36636377
I'm eating nothing but vitamins so I don't die. Oh and a banana and salt water every other day.

>>36636390
Can't afford test-e and I want to get the 40-50lbs of fat off first.
>>
>>36636460
test e is like 30-40 euro a vial dude

assuming it's 250mg/ml and you're taking 2ml a week, that's 40 euro every 5 weeks

even homeless people can afford that
>>
>>36636507
And syringes and yeah I'm close to homelessness right now.

I don't care about the muscle loss. I don't need test-e right now. I need my body to start eating its fat stores since I'm not feeding it anything but vitamins, potassium, sodium, a small amount of glucose, and water.
>>
>>36636460
You're gonna loose a lot of muscle if you consume no protein. You're gonna feel like shit and possible risk permanent health issues. I would advise changing that to a slight deficit, but its up to you. You may have trouble sleeping, concentrating, moving, etc. Life is gonna be pretty shit until you start eating again.
>>
>>36636507
Also I don't know where you're talking about getting the test-e from. I'm in America and if you don't know a dealer (I don't) you have to buy from tor marketplaces with buttcoin and it's a lot more expensive. Go check for yourself.

>>36636549
Life is already shit. Africans and Jews that were malnourished for years can come back fine. I think I can starve myself for a little while to lose weight. It's hard to find out how fast I'd lose it though.
>>
>>36636549
Oh and I have almost no muscle to lose anyway (max bench 95lbs, squat is something like 100).
>>
>>36636603
Be careful then m8. Stay safe.
>>
>>36636627
That doesn't tell me when my body will start eating my fat.
>>
>>36636272
I don't really know enough about starvation to know if / when your body stops taking from muscle or fat exclusively. Perhaps your body will take energy from muscle and fat simultaneously?
>>
>>36636724
Damn I wish a holocaust survivor posted here so I could ask him.
>>
>>36636743
Lol @ still believing in the holocaust meme...
>>
Minimize by :

lifting heavy
Eating lots of protein
Keep the caloric deficit to 3-500 cals
Doing cardio (lookup hiit)

The rest is up to genetics
>>
>>36636724
Your body doesn't start catabolizing muscle until you're >5%bf. "Muscle loss" is really just glycogen and water stores being depleted. The muscles aren't getting smaller.
>>
>>36636865
There is a small amount of muscle loss. When cells get damaged, they often will be scrapped and rebuilt. The protein circulates in the blood for a bit before it is re purposed for rebuilding. Some protein is inevitably lost, but not much.
>>
>>36636793
No I'm starving myself

>>36636865
Did you mean <5%bf? Because I'm at like 25 or maybe higher.
>>
>>36637775
Don't starve yourself, that is a silly thing to do
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.