[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SOS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (115 KB, 573x513) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
115 KB, 573x513
Alright /fit/ I plan to be 100% honest here as I have tried a lot but haven't gotten the help I need.

I am 18 years old

I am about 6 foot 1inches

I am 240lbs. (But told I don't look it)

I have tried diets, cutting my calories, going to the gym, having a trainer, ect. Yes I've already read the pinned post and I've tried the suggested courses of actions. But I can't seem to lose weight and build muscle, I simply stay the same and I'm tired of it, I wanna look good and have a social life. So this is my call for help from all the /fit/ bro's.

I think I have a slow metabolism but I'm not confirmed with that. I don't have a ton of money to go spend on goods and gym memberships. But I am entirely committed and motivated to do whatever it takes to get to where I want to be and quickly. Any help is appreciated, I'm just simply at the end of the road and need a new hope, I'm gonna start college soon and I don't wanna miss out on good times of my life because of my physical state.

Things I would love to have are laid out diet plans such and what to eat and not eat, excercises to do weekly/daily, and overall ways to improve health and lose weight ASAP.

Will provide any info/pics if they are needed/requested. Thank you all.
>>
File: 91DhYbibgqL.jpg (585 KB, 1914x2560) Image search: [Google]
91DhYbibgqL.jpg
585 KB, 1914x2560
Read the sticky
>>
>>36633616
Just eat less than you burn a day.
Thread closed
>>
>>36633616
>tried counting calories

Well seems you didn't count right then. Get an app, don't bullshit yourself on the portions you're eating, and record it every day. Then after a month, you should see results. You obviously have no will power, but maybe seeing it recorded will help you. Probably though, you'll just lie to yourself about how much you're actually eating, you fat fuck. And at 18, what a shitbag
>>
>>36633616

Your weight determined by one thing and one thing alone.

Calories in vs calories out.

You have a maintenance calorie intake. If you are staying at one weight and not budging, then it is the average amount you eat each day. Eating this means you will stay at the same weight.

If you eat more than this, this is surplus and you will gain wait.

If you eat less than this, this is a deficit and you WILL lose weight.

This is scientific fact and for your purposes, there is nothing else to consider.

Go one week counting all of your calories. All of them. Every food you eat. Everything you drink. Every sauce and extra you put on your food to make it taste better.. Everything.

Add it all accurately to an app called myfitnesspal. It lets you scan the barcodes of everything you eat and drink and does it all for you.

Now whatever the average is for that week. Take 500 calories away from it.

When you have that figure. Eat only that amount of calories or under each day. Never go above it. Ever. Then weigh yourself after one week.

Lost weight? Good. If not, then subtract another 500 calories and go another week.

Lost weight? Good. If not, then you are incapable of COUNTING. Not incapable of losing weight.

That's all you need to do. You can help the process along by exercising as this will raise the caloric intake needed for maintenance. It is highly recommended. But what I explained above is the main part.

Write it down or screenshot it if you must. Come back in one week and tell results.

In fact. Feel free to post a new thread every single week. We will all watch you progress and give you motivation if you stick to the rules of science and stop making excuses.

We are friendly to people who put in the effort, OP. That includes the effort to go against your natural instinct of making excuses for your failure by thinking your the magical exception that it "just doesn't work" for.
>>
Alright so you're gonna want to cut out all processed foods, as much restaurant food as you can and any juices/sodas/any drink that's not water, black coffee or unsweetened tea. No deserts as well, basically don't eat any sugar. If you eat white bread/pasta/rice switch to whole grain/brown. Eat lots of vegetables, and if you're craving sweet eat a fruit, but don't go crazy on them.

This should help keep you full, next, don't eat till you're full, just until you're satisfied and not a bite more.

Personally I would recommend IF but that depends on the person

Next, exercise. Just be active, you want to lift, you want to do cardio, and you should probably find a sport you like to play as well. Whenever you think of it, do some sort of activity. You should be active at LEAST an hour per day, and walks don't count.

If you follow this advice for 3-4 months, without cheating or half-assing it, you should start to see some improvement, but be warned it will be slow, so don't give up.

If there's no improvement then start religiously counting calories, always overestimating rather than under.

If there's still no improvement then fast for a month or something I don't know, if there's no improvement by then you're doing something wrong for sure
>>
>>36633616
>get to where I want to be and quickly
>quickly
Found your problem OP. I'm guessing that when you say you've tried everything, you actually mean you gave up after you didn't see imediate results. It doesn't work that way, faggot.
>>
>>36633773
>Your weight determined by one thing and one thing alone.
>Calories in vs calories out.

>weigh self
>drink water
>weigh self again
>actually burned cals and took none in
>calories out > cals in, weight went up
>magic
>>
>>36633901
If you are OP then you deserve no help.

If you're not OP then good post 10/10. I hope your day has improved dramatically.
>>
File: WOpf0Sf.gif (984 KB, 500x213) Image search: [Google]
WOpf0Sf.gif
984 KB, 500x213
>>36633616
>I have tried
>I think
DO
OR DO NOT
THERE IS NO TRY
>a new hope
I mean you walked right into that one.
>>
>>36633616
>I've tried the suggested courses of actions.

Exactly what have you been doing then?
What exercises, what days, what meal/diet plan, how many calories intake. And how long exactly did you try?

>inb4 gave up after 1 week because I didn't see my abs yet
>>
>>36633616
It's actually not calories in calories out

Its mass in mass out
>weigh your shits
>weigh your pisses
>weigh your food
>weigh your drinks
>weigh your sweat
>weigh your haircuts
>do it all naked

If you exude more weight than you absorb, you should see progress eventually
If not, then you defied the laws of physics and the world will explode
>>
>>36636069
I would suggest just blowing up the world, then your scale will measure your weight to be much lower.
>>
>>36633616
Only thing that worked for me is starvation. It worked for a grand total of 3 days, yielding a 5kg loss. It has never happened over the following 6 months, no matter which recovery period - starvation period setup. No amount of cardio, no type of cardio has worked and no amount of calories deficit has worked either. I tried HIIT, I tried endurance, I tried 200, 500 and 1000 calories deficits, and I tried any conceivable combinations of exercising and reducing intake, including doing neither, or just one or the other.

The only thing I learned from the experience is that /fit/ is full of shit and doesn't have a clue what they're saying. Moreover, the guides and stickies on /fit/ are best avoided, as the majority of suggestions will result in very inefficient training in the best cases, and very high risks of injury with almost no gains in the worst cases. Surely the same must apply to cutting guides and dietary info too.
>>
>>36636994
that's the best bait i've seen all week
>>
>>36637013
t. butthurt peasant.
>>
just
keep
going
>>
>Things I would love to have are laid out diet plans such and what to eat and not eat, excercises to do weekly/daily, and overall ways to improve health and lose weight ASAP.

Write down foods that are known as "good" foods. Listen to Scooby

at 18 you're pretty young, so you have some years to change. Honestly my life and body didn't change much until I was 22
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.