[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Taking creatine as a beginner yay or nay?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: 1450988398469.jpg (11 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1450988398469.jpg
11 KB, 184x184
Taking creatine as a beginner yay or nay?
>>
>>36633459
nay
>>
>>36633490
Why?
>>
>jew supplements scams
>2016

of course
>>
Don't lose your natty card now

Wait
>>
>>36633459
take it,helped me a fuck ton when I was starting,it eases the DOMS a bit
>>
>>36633459
absolutely no reason to not take it.
>>
Here's a no-bullshit guide on creatine:
http://www.thebroscientist.com/definitive-guide-creatine/
>>
>>36633535
>>36633531
>>36633523
Explain please
>>
>>36633535
>>36633499
absolutely no reason to take it.
>>
>>36633544
>http://www.thebroscientist.com/definitive-guide-creatine/
Thanks man
>>
>>36633549
What the fuck is there to explain? You get a slight strength and muscle endurance increase.
>>
They're saying there's no reason to take it because you have no muscle to saturate. What they mean is that there's *less* reason for you to take it, but you'll be able to fight out an extra rep or two once you're saturated up that you wouldn't have in you, which would help, plus the water retention in what little muscle you have. So, you could go natty a bit longer before starting but if you want to start now, it's pretty cheap shit if you buy basic monohydrate for a marginally better workout. You want to do it, do it.
>>
My latest bloodtest showed that I have high levels of creatine phosphokinase, does that mean I would benefit the most from creatine supplements?
Or does it just mean that I'd be in for a kidney stone?
>>
>>36633459
if you choose to do it be careful, if you don't cycle it properly you'll shut down your natural creatine production and have to keep taking the stuff your whole life just to maintain your gains
>>
>>36633459
I'll keep my hair thanks.
>>
>>36633549
Had madshit doms first time lifting,took some of dat dere celltech from my bro and it helped out
>>
>>36633646
that's a joke right?

cycles are just for steroids as far as i know

i just take 5g of creatine after a workout and that's it.
>>
>>36633744
Kek good goy. Now just don't ever go off of it. Forever.
>>
>>36633646
Better stop eating meat then, sure would suck to run out of creatine (ttaht you get by eating meat) but you gnome sayian
>>
>>36633459
Creatine (like every supplement) is useless. Took it for a few weeks, no difference at all. People just lie to themselves hoping it will do something.

Proper nutrition and training and fuck the rest.
>>
>>36635169
To each their own. Took it for the first time last Thursday and had my best workout in years. Took it again on Saturday and had another great workout. It's not some magical supplement that makes you throw up more weight but I hit my reps easier and had a fuck ton way more stamina throughout my workouts.
>>
>>36636765
enjoy your hairloss bruh
>>
>>36633744
look up creatine cycle on google if you don't believe me
>>
>>36633786
the trouble comes from supraphysiological doses. red meats have maybe a gram or so per pound and a lot of people eat 20x that while loading which can permanently down-regulate the enzymes that produce creatine
>>
>>36633459
What if I only lift heavy once a week, and do bodyweight, circuit, running, yoga, martial arts the rest of the week. Should I be doing the 5g a day or less often? What about a smaller dose
>>
>>36633459
some people naturally don't need creatine
I don't know how much diet affects this,
but I got metabolic panels done all last year since the government put me in the crazy house
Each test I did showed high levels of creatinine in my blood.
I take no vitamins, no supplements, and maybe the occasional muscle milk
>>
>>36635169
Seriously this, I feel so bad for all the people who fall for these memes but they do it to themselves. You start shelling out all your money on creatine and fish oil and next thing you know you're blowing paychecks on SARMS
>muh studies
Studies are put together for the specific purpose of getting results that encourage people to buy products all the time
>>36636765
Placebo
>>
>>36636776
Yea ok, the study done measured dht levels, which are just one factor in male pattern baldness and hair loss. Also, Causation does not equal correlation. I'm early 30s with a widows peak and a full head of hair so I don't believe I'm dht sensitive.
>>
>>36633459
Nope. I enjoy having hair.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.