[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pros and Cons to using a mass gainer?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: 1430188507810.jpg (152 KB, 960x731) Image search: [Google]
1430188507810.jpg
152 KB, 960x731
>>
>pros
you get big

>cons
you get fat
>>
>pros
gain mass

>cons
gain mass
>>
No pros. For a $60-80 package that lasts 1-2 weeks, if that, is junk.
Buy real food with real nutrition. You'll digest it better,feel better, etc.

Pasta, oats, are excellent sources of easy carbs. Fork it down with protein like chicken/turkey and you'll easily hit your calorie/macros
>>
Mass gainers are just whey with added sugar or cornstarch
>>
Honestly, they aren't that great. You can make your own mass gainer shakes with whey and oats and stuff and have much more control over the macros.
>>
>>36633103
amazon has one for $48 if I take half a serving should give 600 cals or so and last a while. I love eating oats and real food but I just get too bloated and full and constipated.

If I take a half serving of mass gainer only after I work out, in addition to my post work out meal and regular diet, will that cause much fat gain?
>>
>>36633172
anything over .5lb-1lb a week, depending on your body, will be fat. Just count your calories and weigh yourself consistently.
>>
Any tips to add calories to a shake?

I already use milk for the taste/ extra cals but can't really think of much else.
>>
>>36633347
OP here- my go to shake was 2 cups powdered oats, 2 cups skim milk, and a swig of EVOO. about 900 cal and 30 grams of protein, 20 grams healthy fats. But it's very filling, hence my looking for a mass gainer
>>
why would a dog eat a coconut
>>
>>36633368
dogs are omnivores, unlike cats

and that's not a coconut
>>
>>36633347
grind up oats, find some higher calorie fruits or veggies to put in, I like avocados.
>>
>>36633368
Perhaps he doesn't want to murder innocent sentient beings, unlike you filthy meat addicts!!!

Also it's a watermelon.
>>
>>36633368

that isnt a dog and thats a watermelon you friggin retard
>>
>>36633367

Yeah that does sound quite heavy, at 900 cals though thats pretty good

>>36633390

I like that idea, thanks
>>
>>36633347
Liquid coconut oil.

Delicious MCT goodness.
>>
>>36633029
>pros
you get stronger

>cons
you get gyno
>>
>>36633395
That fox is clearly eating a mango you stupid fuck
>>
>>36633347
>oreos
>cookies and cream whey
>vanilla mass gainer
>chocolate syrup
>two cups of milk
>two scoops of cookies and cream ice cream

YOU GOTTA EAT BIG TO GET BIG CMON
>>
>>36633172
If your talking about serious mass on amazon. I've been on that for 5months for 3 packages. I literally gained alot of lbs from 156 to 184 at 6ft and currently 18%bf. I'd recommend it if your doing heavy lifts but make sure your only taking half a serving twice a day. You'll notice big changes on the scale a month in so you gotta change it up and start taking it every other day or you'll stack on hella fat
>>
>>36633029

mass gainers are mostly overpriced malto and whey

it's cheaper to make your own, and you can also do it with better proportions
>>
>>36635575
thanks for the tip bro, thats the one I was looking at

I'm also concerned about the creatine in it, I don't want to take that for various reasons. A half serving will give 0.5 grams, is that very much?
>>
>>36633029 Con: penis shrinks
>>
>>36633347
Peanut butter.
>>
File: IMG_5320.jpg (29 KB, 408x306) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5320.jpg
29 KB, 408x306
>>36635755
>>36635575
Pro Gainer or Carnivore Mass are much leaner, IMO
Serious Mass has a fucking wicked amount of carbs, which will store as fat if unburned.
Pic unrelated
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.