[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Easiest foods to make in bulk, specifically for cutting. I nominate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: Crockpot-of-chili.jpg (440 KB, 800x531) Image search: [Google]
Crockpot-of-chili.jpg
440 KB, 800x531
Easiest foods to make in bulk, specifically for cutting.

I nominate chili in the crock pot. Easy to adjust ingredients for goals/taste, stupid simple to make, and I never get tired of it.
>>
I make venison or chicken and rice in the pressure cooker. Takes about 30 min feom frozen.
>>
>>36631771
recipe?
>>
>>36631882
Ingredients
1 lb. hot Italian Sausage, cut into ½ inch pieces
1 lb. sweet Italian Sausage, cut into ½ inch pieces
¼ C olive oil
1 C chopped onion
3 Tbsp minced garlic
1 lb. ground beef chuck
2 green peppers, coarsely chopped
2 red peppers, coarsely chopped
2-6 jalapeno peppers, cored, seeded and cut into small pieces (I used 2)
4-14.5 cans of diced tomatoes, with juice
1 C beef broth
1 C fresh parsley, chopped
3 Tbsp. tomato paste
3 Tbsp chili powder (or more for added heat)
1½ Tbsp ground cumin
2 Tbsp dried oregano
1 Tbsp dried basil
1 tsp salt
½ tsp fennel seeds
1 tsp ground black pepper
6 roma tomatoes, diced
cheese and sour cream for garnish
Instructions
Cook sausage until browned and cooked through. May want to add a bit of water to the pan to help them cook.
Remove from pan and drain on paper towel.
Heat oil in pan and add in onions and garlic and cook until soft (about 5 minutes)
Add in ground chuck and cook until meat is browned.
Add meat and sausage into crock pot.
Add in peppers, tomatoes, beef broth, tomato paste, parsley and seasonings. Stir.
Cook in crock pot on low for 6 hours or on high for 4 hours.
Add in fresh, chopped tomatoes an hour before serving.
Garnish with sour cream and grated cheese

Copied from site, so adjust ingredients if needed
>>
>>36632031
way to complicated lol
>>
>>36632058
To be honest, I've never made that chili. I was thinking you wanted the recipe for the picture.

I'll find my recipe.
>>
>>36632058
>Sautee some onion and garlic, dump in slow cooker.
>Brown some mince/ground beef/sausage/whatever. Drain off fat. Dump in SC.
>Add peppers, vegetables, spices. Stir. Leave to cook for 4-6 hours.
>Eat.

That's literally it. 30 mins prep and dinner for a week.
>>
>>36631882
I'm not OP, but when I go to the grocery store I just buy ground turkey, canned diced tomatoes and two types of canned beans. The chili spices come in packets I add. It's not the best chili, but it's incredibly cheap and is relatively healthy.
>>
Pulled pork. Just buy the biggest pork butt or shoulders at the store, drop it in the slow cooker, add seasonings, maybe some beef broth, cook on low for like 12 hours

After it's finished and cooled off, I can pull it apart and portion it individual serving sizes for their freezer
>>
File: tunsaladrecipe.jpg (35 KB, 384x257) Image search: [Google]
tunsaladrecipe.jpg
35 KB, 384x257
>>36631771
Doesn't get much easier than this, just increase the amount of ingredients based on how much you want to eat during the week.
>>
I bulk buy chicken, rice and chicken broth...

I cook 4 cups of rice in chicken broth, and oven cook 3lbs chicken

Take about 40 minutes total including prep, & that's enough for 3 days

I shop once a week and pick up some fresh veggies, yogurt, milk ect.
>>
I make a popcorn bowl serving size of maple spice oatmeal. I can live off of it for like 4 days
>>
Frozen garlic chicken bag from Costco.Ultimate gains, just pasta chicken and veggies. So damn good.
>>
Anon's world famous hearty breakfast!
>16oz ground beef
>16oz spicy ground sausage
>20oz frozen chopped spinach
>onions, bell peppers, garlic
>cheese

Combined and Served over
>cheese grits

Makes about 5-6 servings
>700-800 cals
>60-70g protons
>keeps you full all morning
>>
>>36634644
How do you cook those ingredients? Or are you eating raw meat and frozen spinach together?
>>
>>36634751
Throw onions n peppers into pot with little olive oil. Add meats, let partially cook, add semi-thawed spinach (just leave it on the counter 30 mins prior to cooking), finish cooking all together.

Cook grits seperately. 3/4 total liquid is water, 1/4 milk for dat creaminess. Once grits finish, add cheese, stir.
>>
I like this one

http://www.familyfreshmeals.com/2013/08/cheesy-crockpot-cowboy-casserole.html

I cook it similar to the recipe except Ill shred a rotiss chicken or turkey into the crock pot and use a packet of chilli seasoning for the spice
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.