[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the best collars for an olympic bar?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: xx73-lg.jpg (53 KB, 844x532) Image search: [Google]
xx73-lg.jpg
53 KB, 844x532
What are the best collars for an olympic bar?
>>
>>36631083

>he isn't able to hold and move the bar horizontal

Collars are a crutch for bad weightlifters.
>>
>>36631114

I'm a beginner
>>
literally any of them. the regular spring clips are like 10 bucks and work just as well as anything else.
>>
>>36631114
Try a little harder buddy
>>
File: 10363378.jpg (18 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
10363378.jpg
18 KB, 500x500
anything that isn't pic related
>>
What's the point of using these unless you have vaseline bars?
>>
>>36631114
You have a magic bar that doesn't wobble sideways when you drop it overhead?
Thought so faggot so fucking kill yourself.
>0/9371 for making me reply to this beta weakling.
>>
>>36631333
>oly lifting
*tips fedora*
>>
>>36631189
whyn are they bad?
>>
>>36631083
if you're aware the rogue collars exist why do you even need to ask?

>>36631114
>>36631199
literally any lift where the bar impacts the ground or pins has a chance of the plates jostling around

deadlifting sure is fun when the weight is twice as far from your grip on one side
>>
>>36631083
I'll be honest. These showed up in my uni gym this semester and I rolled my eyes because they look kind of crossfit-tier-ish.
Then one day I couldn't find any other types of collars so I figured I'd give them a shot.
They are definitely the easiest to put on, lock, and take off. Not sure if they'll retain their grip, but I was pleasantly surprised.

Also, I hate >>36631189
They'll warp, get crushed by dropped weights, not hold their grip, or be way too tight and you look like a retard trying to work them onto the collar.
>>
>>36631083
>Rogue Collar

How would these hold for overhead dumbell lifting?

Considering getting a pair for my dumbell to do snatches with, but the company says they shouldn't be used for overhead lifts.
>>
>>36631411
Göttingen?
>>
File: $_3.jpg (11 KB, 500x396) Image search: [Google]
$_3.jpg
11 KB, 500x396
these are the fucking DEVIL. they frequently get stuck and you have to spend 10 minutes finessing the little faggots off the bar. fuck these things so hard.
>>
>>36631189
>weak hands detected
>>
You can get the same damn collars on Amazon for like 11$. I use them and like them more than the traditional spring collars. The best collars are the ones that hold the weight on the bar without them coming off unless you want them to.

Don't worry about collars unless you're moving real weight. 1pl8/2pl8 doesn't really need them unless you're unable to properly lift them. If you aren't but insist on having the *best*, make sure your still using your weights in the mean time.
>>
>>36631083

P R O L O C
R
O
L
O
C
>>
File: COC2-15lg.jpg (40 KB, 333x369) Image search: [Google]
COC2-15lg.jpg
40 KB, 333x369
These bad boys. No contest
>>
>>36638146
I literally thought the bran was "Wanko" for years.
>>
>>36638146
If you're doing oly lifts, these are the only actual choice. They don't budge.

>>36631189
If you're doing powerlifting or body building these are absolutely fine enough. Just enough to keep plates from sliding.
>>
>>36638160
You are literally retarded.
>>
>>36638205
*youre are
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.