[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/fit/ parents
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
Are your parents healthy, /fit/?
Do they lift or do some kind of physical activity?

I am trying to steer my mother into fitness.
She already does those "groups" where she jumps around for an hour, with maybe some weights and ab work. But she just wrecks herself and achieves nothing.
She is a bit fat (even though she weighs the same as when she was 20), has close to 0 muscle mass, no flexibility in the upper/back region and a bit of kyphosis.
I figured some very light lifting plus a lot of stretching would do the trick but she's stuck in
>I have no time
>I already do physical activity
>I'm old and had a child (had me 22 yrs ago), there's nothing I can do about it
I guess I'm gonna have to convince her to go see some physiotherapist and do some work tailored to her situasion instead of that common denominator group shit she does. She's not against that. I feel optimistic.
I just want one of my parents to live to see their grandchildren, I've given up on my father (huge gut, already had a "non-Q" hh, borderline alkie, always angry), I wanna at least save my mom
>>
File: latest.jpg (15 KB, 346x334) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
15 KB, 346x334
>>36628368
my dad used to be a rock climber of like 30-40 years or something until he fucked one of his tendons. he's basically popeye mode.
>>
File: mzfexXy.jpg (357 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
mzfexXy.jpg
357 KB, 1920x1080
my parents are both fatasses.
I ended up being a fatass as well because "muh genetics" and "you are not fat, you are big boned like us".
Took the red pill few months ago and started counting calories, lost 30 lbs since then and still have 40 lbs to lose.
Meanwhile, my father (he is a retired cook) first tried to sabotage my new lifestyle, then started a huge fight. He doesn't speak to me since.

I don't give a fuck, they ruined my life once, not going to let it happen again. I live on my own now and cook my own meals. Left my cheating gf, started university again, trying not to stalk the girl i used to be in love with for 8 years before she cheated, eating right, walking my GSD, walking a lot, trying to get my shit together.

people never change, especially old people. In fact i'm not really changing, i just left behind someone that wasn't me and trying to find my true self. It hurts.

Sorry for my broken english
>>
>>36628414
also, good on you for trying to get your parents into fitness, but I don't think you should give up on your dad. like you said seeing his grandchildren could be an amazing thing for someone before they die, he wasn't always an angry alco right?
>>
My dad does wind surfing, cycling, running and skiing

He's more fit than I am
>>
>father used to lift when he was younger, stopped after he married
>currently sitting at a BMI of 35
>not motivated to work out at all

>mother never done any kind of physical activity in het life
>the definition of skinny fat
>look alright in tight clothes that hold her flab in place
>motivated to work out, but in practise always pussies out after 3 reps of ab crunches or 10 minutes on the bike

This very afternoon will be the first time that we all hit the gym together, after a lot of persuasion from my side. I'm gonna have them do some cardio and bodyweight shit/abs, should be enough for their first training. I hope I can keep them motivated, but honestly I think they're gonna drop this whole enterprise after a couple of weeks. Well, it's worth a shot anyway.
>>
>>36628432
I dont know man, I'll start trying to get her back to doing cardio and maybe some stretching. The lifting will have to be suggested with someone with "credentials" unlike me.
regarding my dad, we had some sort of falling out years ago, I decided to quit the sport I played at an almost national level. He hated that.
He has always been an angry and I suspect he has always been a drinker, not full on alkie, but the guy that as soon as he is home he gets his shot glass and periodically refills it, trying to hide it all.
>>
My mum used to play basketball but her inability to commit to fitness training and not being an idiot about it meant she accumulated too many injuries to continue.
Whenever she tries to get fit, she does what OP's mum does and completely fucking overdoes it expecting everything to go fine. Then when she gets injured it's arthritis or some sort of chronic condition, not an acute injury. She's always right about it too.
Hopeless.

My dad used to jog. When he was my age he would jog for hours. When he was 50 he was still jogging for 30-45 minutes every few days of the week.
Psycho.
>>
>>36628430
> In fact i'm not really changing, i just left behind someone that wasn't me and trying to find my true self.
there is no such a thing as a true self
there is a better self and you are becoming better
keep working anon never give up
>>
>>36628368

My Dad spent 15 years working on the green chain (pulling lumber) at a mill before he moved on to Oiler. He's not buff and he has a belly from all the ships and cheezies he packs away, but the man is freakishly strong.

My Mom is pudgy, and on and off joins a gym/ does yoga, tries to eat healthy. Makes a lot of smoothies with sugary fruits and yogurt and then acts likes she's eating right. she frequently yoyo's on her diet though.
>>
Neither of my parents have ever done anything physically engaging in their life. My dad is fat and my mom is skinny fat. The funny part is that my dad's wife is skinny fat and my mom's husband is fat except he used to do a lot of sports in his teenage years and used to work some pretty physically demanding jobs so he's still got a lot of strength
>>
My dad and two of his brothers played club level soccer. Dad used to take me to the work sportsclub/gym with him in the evenings. Watched him lift and play soccer. Got into karate, judo and lifting at the sportsclub using the time when my dad was working out.

Played high school soccer and tennis as well as swimming in college and I attribute it to going to his company's sportcub in the evenings and getting to play and work out with grown adults much more experienced than me.
>>
>>36629201
your parents are cool people
>>
My dad lifts more than I can (for now)
>>
I've been going to the gym with my dad for a year now, he had surgery and some serious blood pressure/heart issues that got worse due to sedentary life he lived so I forced him to go with me, slowly easing him in. Now it's just part of the routine and his health improved by a mile.
>>
>Are your parents healthy, /fit/?
My mother hasn't worked out a single day in her life, but she still looks like she lifts.Abs without being skeleton, and pretty impressive biceps for a woman. Father tries to eat semi-healthy and goes for a jog a couple of times a week.
>>
>>36629501
happy for you mate
>>
Weirdest thing is that my mother is basically a vegetarian and doesnt eat much to begin with.
But since she does close to 0 physical activity she's so fucking soft and looks fat because her tissues cant respond to gravity
>>
>>36628466
good work anon
>>
>>36628368
My father has worked as a roofer his whole life through. I could outbench him, but there's no way in hell I could out-armwrestle him.

My mother is easily 29 BMI. I have to shoot down her down when she asks for opinion on some herbal lose 8 kilos in a month bullshit and the "go to the gym and eat less" never gets through.
>>
>>36628368
My mom really likes fitness and goes to the gym. My dad is chubby and doesn't do anything.
>>
My dad's always been fit and active. Got me lifting weights when I was 13. Thanks daddy.
>>
File: Zyzz2.jpg (79 KB, 856x856) Image search: [Google]
Zyzz2.jpg
79 KB, 856x856
Would you fuck this dad?
>>
>>36630777
Loving this meme, nice trips btw.
>>
>>36629226
Yeah man. Shit was cool. You know the evenings the bad ass tennis players are gonna be there after work so you rush home from school, grab your racket and get right back on the bus to the sporrtsclub.

Karate and Judo taught by one of dad's coworkers who even went to the PanAm games. 3 evenings a week and Saturday morning 8-12.

Back in high school I remember those kids who wanted them in travel ball or some shit wuld always hire them private trainers. Nothing compares to your dad and his coworkers whopping you at soccer and tennis every fucking day.
>>
>>36631380
goddamit, and I spent my early and late teens travelling to play golf tournos, waking up early every weekend, never being able to attend social events with my peers because my father guilted me into not having fun because "so many promising players get derailed by this stuff". spending the coming back travel time with him raging at me for fucking it up.
what a shitty childhood/teenagehood I had.
good for you
>>
>>36630542
how is being 5'1''?
>>
my mom went from 90kg to 65kg through a strict diet. she's thinking about going to the gym to try and fill out the loose flaps in her arms at least a bit.
>>
>>36633998
that's really impressive
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.