[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Protein questions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 300.jpg (28 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
300.jpg
28 KB, 300x300
So i need some advice /fit/. im trying to gain a few pounds (5-10) of muscle before the end of June, the problem is, its really hard for me to gain any weight at all. right now im 6 foot 150lbs and no matter what i do i dont seem to be able to gain muscle. i have recently started drinking 25g protein shakes every day to try and help. Is that enough protein for someone with a crazy high metabolism? if not then what would be a good amount if i want to gain a few pounds of muscle in a few months?

Pic related, its the shakes i have been drinking
>>
>>36625641
anyone?
>>
drink 2 scoops for a nice summer tone
>>
>>36626249
any amount in grams? trying to know exact numbers
>>
>>36625641
2 portions read the sticky
1 portion fuck off

'high metabolism' translates into English as 'doesn't count calories'
>>
Those shakes are fine if you're on the go but unless you're mr. moneybags there's no reason to use them over plain whey protein.
>>
>>36625641
5 to 10 pounds of muscle by the end of june when you don't have a fucking clue what you're doing?

Good luck
>>
You might be able to gain 5 pounds of muscle in two months with a shit load of roids and good genetics.
>>
>>36625641
Honestly, man, due to the n00b gains factor (which is a scientific fact, so you know), you will gain maybe 5lbs of muscle and start to notice differences in appearance after a few months of training, but I strongly recommend eating a fairly significant amount more than you need to, because it will help you really get the most out of your n00b gains strength-wise, and if you feel like cutting down some fat you may add after the first, say 4-5 months, you'll have a lot more muscle mass than you would have if you had eaten just the calories needed. It's all about eating a lot of food.
>>
Start doing pplx instead of ss. Eat more, like est a shit ton more. Drink milk, lots of calories and protein. Eat chicken or fish, or just drink broth shakes.
>>
>>36626504
Protein**. Fucking samsung
>>
>>36626512
is pplx really that better than ss?
>>
>>36626937
For the rank novice, doubtful.

A little known fact is that it doesn't take a lot to "max out" potential gains for a complete beginner, meaning that the novice trainee may only need to do 3 sets to gain all the potential benefits he can hope for - doing additional work will confer no additional benefits.
This is actually something that messes a lot with scientific research. Because this kind of research is mostly done on beginners, they often end up concluding that approach X isn't any better than approach Y, because even if Y is indeed inferior then it was still enough to "max out" the subjects potential gains.

Of course how much potential you have as a beginner is an individual thing, but Starting Strength is a good starting point (hence the name). Later on it's very possible - probable even - that you'd see more benefit doing more work.
>>
>>36626300

8 PORTIONS CMON
>>
>>36626276
78.4256g

read the fucking sticky
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.