[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /fit/, decided to stop being skinnyfat and start lifting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Sup /fit/, decided to stop being skinnyfat and start lifting but how the fuck do you use these things?
>>
Hands are for grasping things. It's a bit tricky at first, but keep trying and you'll get it.
>>
You'll know how to use them once you need them.
>>
>>36625389
You dont. You dont use wrist staps until your deadlift is at least 315.
>>
http://www.wikihow.com/Use-Lifting-Straps
http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/ez-bar-curl
>>
taking bait since im semi noob
with heavier lifts you can use this with regular or mixed grip
with your less dominant hand oyu can use both hands to wrap the fabric around the bar and then grasp the ends
then with your dominant get a good hold of the other and lift
the straps are good for extra weight which you can lift but might not be able to hold
>>
>>36625395

Double your BW would be more accurate. I can double overhand 315...only strap on for 4+ pl8 when I want extra reps after i'm spent.
>>
>>36625425
hey senpai
do you think i should keep over hand gripping and eventually get better grip or shoot for higher weight with easier holds
>>
>>36625425
I never really get why people use straps at low weight. Like I'm weak as fuck so my dl is only 225-for reps if that makes a difference, but how do you expect your grjp to get better if youwear staps. Unless your trying to get that 14 pl8 dl theres no excuse.
>>
>>36625433
you shouldn't let your grip hold your deadlift back, but also don't totally neglect your grip by using straps all the time.
>>
>>36625490
what should i do to get better grip, but also increase my dl
>>
>>36625516
Loaded carries.
>>
>>36625532
like farmers walks with the bar?
>>
>>36625425
>double your bodyweight
You shouldn't just be blanketly make these statements. That's a wide range of different strength.

I double overhand 5pl8 (not memeing I can prove it) and strap up at 4 if I'm feeling it.

Don't let grip interfere with your deadlifts. Train it separately if you must

>>36625516
DL more.
>>
>>36625389
you stand on the floor, it keeps you from falling through the earth.
>>
>>36625395

Using wrist straps is never recommended.
>>
>>36625389
The straps help you fix yourself to the bar, so when you roll around the gym as the barbellmobile you don't fall apart
>>
>>36625937
>barbellmobile

kek'd
>>
>>36625395
>315

Lol weak hand bitch you are
>>
>>36625674
- farmer's walks with dumbbells. pick a weight where you can only hold them for 50 steps. work up to 80-100 then move up to a higher weight. repeat.
- on your last rep of your last set of deadlifts, hold the bar in the top position as long as possible.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.