[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
does smoking cannabis really affect your gains? say u train hard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: happy dog.png (636 KB, 641x479) Image search: [Google]
happy dog.png
636 KB, 641x479
does smoking cannabis really affect your gains? say u train hard and eat well but on the weekend smoke weed? will this hinder your progressions?
>>
It can help prevent DOMS. Arnold Schwarzenegger used it for that purpose. Didn't seem to hinder him much.
>>
>>36619266
Weed literally hinders you in everything you except procrastinating and eating until you feel like vomiting. Anyone who says otherwise is in fucking denial, can you function and smoke? Sure. But it will always hold you back in everything you do, even the most basic functions.
>>
>>36619296
Senpai what are DOMS
>>
Increases chances of developing gyno
>>
>>36619296
Only newbies get DOMS. DOMS come from not training enough, not training too much.
Arnold did not use weed to prevent DOMS.

Stop smoking weed. There are health benefits but it does fuck with your memory and there is a plethora of evidence for this. In the end the negatives outweigh any positive. Stop smoking weed or you'll become a slow cunt.
>>
>>36619317
Developed Onset Muscle Soreness.
Basically what you get after a good workout.
>>
>>36619360
im not asking whether it makes u slow or makes ur memory, im asking if you smoke on satuday and roll gym on monday will it afftect you and will it affect your muscle growth?
>>
>>36619308
How about relaxing after a hard day's work? Much better than the sugary drinks all the men buy you at Toni's.
>>
>>36619360
I smoke weed and run a 5:30 mile. Maybe you should stop being a fat cunt when you smoke and take some pre workout with it and feel your gains pouring in.
>>
I smoked last night and just squatted 370x5 this morning. Weed is much less detrimental tor gains than alcohol IMO, but if you're a super autist about it you might as well not do either.
>>
>>36619389
i dont really feel this anymore anyway, ive been training for like 6 months well appart from my legs..
>>
>>36619413
yeah i agree with this 100%
>>
>>36619360
>Only newbies get DOMS. DOMS come from not training enough, not training too much.

nigga what. I get mad doms when I squat 5x5, last week I did 330lbs. Any high rep scheme should give you some doms otherwise you're not doing it right.

There's a different type of doms for new lifters though, that crippling legs can't move stiffness isn't the only type. doms just refers to any soreness you get either later in the day or the few days after a workout, if you're not getting it you need to lift more.
>>
>>36619360
Good to know you've been following the same routine week to week since you started.

You can get sore anytime you put your muscles under stress it has not adapted too. If you usually work with 8+ reps, and you drastically increase the intensity and work with triples or something, you'll likely be sore as fuck.
>>
>>36619266
nah. in fact some people like to use it for recovery purposes (mostly tying into the pretty brosciency area of cortisol response to stress but whatever) but i don't see much harm in it.
>>
>>36619406
You can relax without weed or sugary shit. Relaxing doesnt have to be about destroying yourself. Its a shit argument and you know it.
>>
>>36619529
>about destroying yourself
holy shit, there are so many things you come in contact with daily that 'destroy you' esp if you work manual labour or around dangerous chemicals/heavy machinery. its also not like there isnt a 'drug' or chemical without sideffects and most people realize this when they do said drugs, because they make decisions about themselves for themselves like adults.
>>
>>36619266

The most weed can do to you is ruin your cut. Otherwise it's a great way to relax after a workout and facilitates bulking because of greater appetite.

>>36619308

Just because you can't use it responsibly doesn't mean it doesn't have some value.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.