[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I bother learning lowbar if I can highbar fine and comfortably?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: Squat-Back-Angles.jpg (88 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
Squat-Back-Angles.jpg
88 KB, 620x349
Should I bother learning lowbar if I can highbar fine and comfortably?

I'm on SS atm, don't know if it would be worth switching over for them strength gains
>>
>>36618027
High bar works the quads more. Low bar lets you squat more weight, but you are working the vastus lateralis more - not the quads.

I do low bar, because I like the appearance of detailed side legs more than quads, plus you can do more weight.
>>
>>36618027

It doesn't matter if you don't have a professional background in bodybuilding or powerlifting.

Do whatever feels better for you. If you do deadlifts there is literally no need for low bar at all desu
>>
>>36618097

Dont listen to this retard spouting busted broscience.

>>36618114

Don't listen to this retard who doesn't understand biomechanics.
>>
>>36618132
But how do I know you're not retarded?

What's your verdict?

>>36618097
>>36618114
Cheers, I may just stick with Highbar; it's just I'll be incorporating Front Squats soon, and I don't want to go too quad focuses -- I suppose doing Deadlifts will balance that out
>>
Is it possible to just be burned out of back squatting?

I switched from low bar to high bar due to buying weight lifting shoes finally and my squat went from 3.5 plate low bar to fucking excrucaiting 2 plate high bar. I swear it feels like I can barely do the shit.

But then I can do front squats and it's easy as shit.
>>
File: 1442194985144.jpg (85 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1442194985144.jpg
85 KB, 640x640
>>36618027

Doesn't matter much.

Lowbar allows you to lift more weight, and it has more contribution from the hamstrings.

If you're training to get stronger and build muscle, the difference is marginal. Do whichever you feel more comfortable doing.

If you're training to lift more weight with the squat (powerlifting), then using the lowbar as the primary move is a good idea, as that is the competitive style.

Both styles are limited by your quad strength. And as such, both are primarily a quad exercise.
>>
>>36618204

Sounds like accumulated fatigue.
Fix your:
- diet
- amount of sleep
- program
>>
>>36618027
High bar ATG feels so much more natural than parallel low bar to me.
Low bar feels really awkward over all and I can lift heavier weights with high bar.
>>
>>36618208
Cheers, I'm primarily training for the former, so I'll likely just stick with Higbar; my deadlift is already being affected by my squats, so I suppose more hamstring involvement would do more harm than good.

>>36618236
I used to do Lowbar fine, and it'd feel comfortable. Took time off lifting due to illness, and now I can never do the movement without form going dodgy in someway.
>>
Is it normal to be stuck at 1 pl8 squat when cutting or do I just have pathetic leg strength?

Also I bench 145 just as a reference.

I started lifting consistently 2 months ago.
>>
>>36618275

Fuck off newfag.
>>
>>36618277
1) How much do you weigh?
2) How big is your deficit?

But ay, don't expect to progress much on a cut.
>>
>>36618288
I've been here since 2015
>>
>>36618289

1. 172 at 5'10
2. Eating 1800 calories (~500 deficit)

I also do 10 min of HIIT cardio and lift 5x a week
>>
>>36618277
Your form probably sucks. When I first started lifting I was at about 70kg for 5 and then went to a coach and within a week I was doing 120kg for 5.
>>
>>36618313
Your fairly weak, but you're not gonna progress much on a cut + all that extra shit.

Focus on getting the weight off for now, then bulk and watch the numbers rise. Also, make sure your form is on point.

>>36618316
>50kg increase in a week

Somehow I don't trust you
>>
Alright this sounds really dumb, but did anyone ever have trouble, lining their feet up while squatting, I feel like I am slightly off and my knees go different directions, without a bar Im fine. Am I simply imagining a slight difference?
>>
>>36618370
yeah that dude is clearly lying lol

>120kg squat in a week of lifting
>>
The SS programming is built around the low bar squat though. That's why the volume for deadlifts is so low. If you are high bar squatting, add more deadlift volume.
>>
>>36618159
You can add ghr's too if you need more glute/hamstring work
>>
>>36618313
I wouldn't cut that much dude
I'm a noob who has only been lifting for 2 months but I hit 190 for 3x5 at 180 at 5'8

You get a bit fat but I haven't been stalling at all
Its fucking hard but it gets done if you eat and sleep well
>>
>>36618425
this fucking meme...
>>
>>36619359
?
>>
Doesn't matter, you can even do front squats if you want
>>
>>36618027
You should mainly be concerned about getting your body fat below 15% bro. The fact you are even doing squats at all matters more than what bro-approved bro-flavor you think bros will bro you for bro-ing.
>>
>>36618027

SS was built with low bar in mind.
>>
Does it really matter before you can squat 2pl8 for reps? I did low bar for a long time and I feel like my hamstrings and inner thighs are more developed than my quads.
>>
>>36621314
But I Squat more than 2plate for reps

Or was that an actual question rather than rhetorical?
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.