[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I havent been working out a lot but ive read the sticky here,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
I havent been working out a lot but ive read the sticky here, read ss and been lurking for a while.

I want to start working out but the only gym available to me is shit and doesnt have a squat rack, could anyone tell me some good excersizes i can do instead of low bar squats and ohp? Perhaps something using dumbbells would be better?

>tl;dr doing ss need squat and ohp replacements that dont need a squat rack
>>
>>36616339
I do OHP and squats without a rack, I do them from the floor, quit making up excuses you lazy bitch, you wont be lifting 100kg for start, you dont need a fucking rack.
>>
>>36616544
a good point, you gotta learn cleans anyway dawg. can just front squat it if you wanted. If no rack then probably no platform either I guess. surely there is more than one gym available to you?
>>
>>36616544
Im not making any excuses fuckface, im asking what excersizes i could do instead.
If you mean cleaning the bar off the floor then i cant do that either since its only a very small space and theres other people too, i would likely cause an accident
>>
>>36616591
You say youre not making excuses than you go on to say you cant lift weights from the floor in gym because you might hurt someone. Its like youre satirising yourself. Im baffled.
>>
>>36616585
No it really is the only one i can use.
Like i told the other guy i wont be cleaning either, i was just gonna do weighted chin ups instead of those
>>
>>36616591
Listen kid. Your only way to success at this point is to powerclean that bar up for your squats and the presses. You need to power clean for SS anyways. Find a way to do it that's safe.
>>
>>36616617
>>36616610
Do you not understand english?
Do you not know the meaning of no fucking space?
Ive got about a 4x4 to do this in while theres also a bench there and a dumbbell rack, with other people in the same space
>>
In around half a year ill be able to go to a better gym where i'll be able to do ss without any problems, until then i will have to deal with this.

I could just wait half a year but that would be a waste of time so if anyone could suggest me good excersizes instead accusing me of making excuses that'd be cool
>>
>>36616652
4x4? As in meters? In a gym? Are you fucking retarded? Also you only need 2mx1m for OHP, squats and just about any free weight exercise. But you could just as well dish out ~50dollardoos for a throwaway begginer set. Youre making excuses and youre in denial about it, its absolutely baffling.
>>
The point you aren't getting is that power cleans are part of SS. You literally have to power clean regardless of the ohp/squat.

But to try and answer your question, you can do hack squats. I assume you have a bench press setup? You should be able to use that to get the bar to your shoulders and ohp.
>>
>>36616652

Rack up on the bench
>>
>>36616801
Yes id estimate its around 4mx4m, i have never done power cleans and im not gonna risk fucking up and falling on some poor guy benching...
Im not living at home so cant make a homegym
>>
>>36616835
Youre right, i might give ohp from the bench a go
And ill look into hack squats
>>
>>36616880
Just find a different gym, where do you live. You say you don't have enough room for power cleans so I assume you can't deadlift either. So you're looking to do SS - Squat, Deadlift and OHP. At this point I'd just tell you to do a different program and then come crying back to /fit/ when you've made next to no progress in 3 months
>>
>>36616652
I understand you have a fucking pissy attitude for a guy who came here seeking advice.
The space required for power cleans extends around you as wide as the barbell is. You aren't causing any accidents unless you have dudes literally benching under your armpit. 4x4 is plenty enough, assuming those are feet, if it's meters you are brain damaged.
You ask for advice, the best advice we have about ecerything is: stop making excuses. Don't like it, find bodybuilding.com by yourself.
>>
>>36616933
>Assuming its feet

Are you fucking retarded 4x4 feet. I'm struggling to believe ops gym is 4mx4m considering a typical Olympic barbell is 2m
>>
>>36616971
I assumed by 4x4 he meant the space he has for himself, personally. But now I see that he meant total space.
Personally I find it hard to believe even if it's meters. 4x4 meters, holy shit, I've shat in bathrooms larger than that.
>>
>>36616544
cleaning a bar for OHP and Squats will only work for so long

if you're doing something like SS and constantly adding weight to your lifts each week it's not going to work
>>
>>36617111
It is, doing SS while cleaning will work probably up to 40kg or more depending on the person than if you still have no rack, just fucking stall the progress, its better than not doing anything and excusing yourself with a lack of rack. I cant believe I actually have to explain this shit.
>>
File: goblet-squat.jpg (23 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
goblet-squat.jpg
23 KB, 400x300
>>36616339
Goblet squats
>>
>>36616339
Do split squats, and lateral raises or db ohp. You could also clean for ohp. The weight you use for it isn't going to be too high so should be pretty easy. Don't clean for back squat though. That's terrible advice.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.