[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /fit/ how can a vegan get the protein necessary after a work
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: uploadMLogo.png (15 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
uploadMLogo.png
15 KB, 300x250
Hey /fit/ how can a vegan get the protein necessary after a work out? So far I've been eating tofu (7g of protein for every 3 ounces) but I don't think it's enough. What do?
>>
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/10-best-tasting-vegan-protein-powders.html
>>
Mfw my vegan friend told me he gets around 300g a day even though he doesn't lift/isn't eating a lot
>>
I use a vegan protein powder because it's easier on the stomach than whey. I still consume the flesh of animals ofc.
>>
>>36612939

Beans and lentils
>>
Lead bullets contain about 70 percent of your daily protein requirements. Make sure to administer via firearm directly into your mouth
>>
>>36613402
And the weird ways that they taste funny are somehow more bearable than whey. Even hemp.
>>
>>36613448

nah ON whey tastes better.

take it from someone with an ulcer though, whey SHREDS your fucking stomach for some reason.
>>
>>36613479
Idk whey itself has a bitterness to it that's never quite masked
Vegan proteins are bad for the texture, that takes some getting used to, but themselves add little as flavour.
I don't buy those any more tho better to pay whey prices than stupid organic prices, taste be damned
>>
Semen is both low in calories and reasonably high in protein. So you're probably already hitting your daily protein intake from that.
>>
Get better tofu mine has 14g per 3 ounces (wildwood brand tofu superfirm) it's really not that hard to get your brotein from plants especially if you eat tofu. Seitan is another good one to switch it up. Other than that your legumes and nuts are good. Broccoli is a good one as well not a lot of protein but a good aount for a green vegetable. I usually eat it with tofu.
>>
>>36612939

Broccoli, artichokes, peas, mushrooms, brussels sprouts, kale (not too much, has high thallium levels), spinach.

Just eat a lot of vegetables. Its not hard. Make tomato sauces, grind up root vegetables and put them in the sauce. Make shakes, juice, stir fry, grill, the possibilities are endless.

Idiot.
>>
>>36613479

ON tastes great with milk. Canadian protein is cheaper but it tastes like shit in milk, though it's bearable in water.
>>
>>36612939
>What do?
Stop being a faggot loser and eat animal products. There is NO WAY you can get all your aminos as a strict vegetarian without getting too many carbs and too much fiber. You'll be fat with muscles, maybe, then when you cut you'll lose it all. Your only choice is to give up this silly vegetarian nonsense and eat animal products like we're evolved to do. Or you can choose to never make it. Up to you.
>>
>>36614299
>he thinks you can get your 1g/pound every day with just vegetables
You'll get sick from an overloaded digestive system if you try, and you STILL won't get all the aminos. You'll just get fat from all the carbs, and sick as shit from too much fiber. I've tried this before. It just doesn't work. Why do you think most vegetarians are weak and skinnyfat? Not enough high quality protein from just vegetable sources.

You guys need to give up this silly meme, it's too far from reality to be believable. We're evolved as omnivores, it's a scientific FACT that even strict vegetarian scientists accept as such; why deny reality?
>>
>>36614465

Have you never heard of vegetarian protein powder?
>>
>>36614472
>he thinks SOY is good for humans
It's still not high quality truly complete protein, it's deficient in some aminos that you need. Also soy has compounds in it that just aren't good for humans to be eating all the time. Eating dairy and meat is the only way; you need to stop being in denial and accept reality.
>>
>>36614489

Soy has a complete amino acid profile.

That being said, there are alternate vegan protein complete sources, such as pea.

You have no idea what you're talking about, really.
>>
>>36614495
>highly processed, expensive, tastes like shit
Or you can eat normal, healthy food, including meat and dairy, save all sorts of money, not have to buy it at a special store or order it, and be overall healthier and happier, not be looked down on by most people as some sort of troublemaking freak, make mad gains over silly vegetarians.

You vegetarian types want to eat healthier, more natural foods, then you trot out this highly processed artificial made-in-a-lab expensive crap? LOL you're deeply in denial. The malnutrition-induced cognitive deficit that all long-term strict vegetarians suffer from has you firmly in it's grasp, doesn't it? You just aren't capable of seeing it anymore. It's just like someone who has Alzheimers or demetia, your brain just doesn't work anymore so you're not responsible enough to make your own decisions -- or give advice.

VEGETARIANISM IS A CHOICE, not a necessity, and it's a silly choice. You want real gains? EAT MEAT. There literally no reason not to.
>>
>>36614541

>that goal-post shifting

I'm not a vegetarian; I'm just a guy who knows you're wrong.
>>
File: delicious bacon.jpg (61 KB, 485x273) Image search: [Google]
delicious bacon.jpg
61 KB, 485x273
>>36614547
Oh, I get it; you're gay. It's 2016, it's OK.

Mmmm, delicious BACON. Does this make you angry, vegefags? They KILLED A PIG so I can have delicious BACON. Are you triggered now? Crying?
>>
>>36614547
Listen, asshole: I've examined the amino acid profiles of various vegetarian protein powders, and it's INFERIOR to whey. Also, it tastes like crap comparatively speaking, and I'm talking about unflavored. Why should I waste my time with an inferior product? Why should I make my life more difficult than it already is just to avoid eating animal products? There is literally no reason to do so. With few exceptions, vegetarianism is a PERSONAL CHOICE, there is NO compelling reason otherwise to do that to yourself. Mankind has been eating animal products for MILLIONS OF YEARS and guess what? We're still here, we still thrive to the point where we're getting OVER-populated. So you and vegetarians can all go fuck yourselves and STFU with your nonsense. You don't like it you can shove it up your vegetarian ass.
>>
>>36612939
>tofu
So how long have you had a desire to suck cocks?
>>
>>36614616
Started about 6 years ago. About the same time I went vegan actually. I don't see how this is relevant though.
>>
>>36614603
>>36614559
The two most butt hurt posts I've ever read.
>someone said I'm wrong on the Internet
>I'll show him!
>>
>>36612939
Try combining quinoa, chia seeds, spinachs, and chickpeas in a salad. I basically live off that. It gets a bit repetitive in the end, but you can't match the protein-amino acid profile those vegs have.
>>
>>36616175
This is actually a pretty good answer. Check:
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/12-complete-vegetarian-proteins.html
>>
>>36614441
Just throwing this out there:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4073139/

Being vegan reduces your risk of developing cancer, heart disease, lowers blood pressure, can reverse hypertension, and it can prevent and treat type two diabetes.
That link has over 70 sources and 90,000 participants.
>>
>>36612939
Pound of lentils a day
>>
>>36616316
I've tried it. You get bloated quite before hitting a decent protein intake level... and fart like holy hell.
>>
>>36614559
Ouch that edge
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.