[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When you see people copying you at the gym
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
File: 008.jpg (87 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
008.jpg
87 KB, 600x400
What are your thoughts on this? Are you flattered? Annoyed? More self conscious about keeping strict form?
>>
i see it sometimes and i don't even look good i'm just builtfat

feels kind of good i guess
>>
>>36610439
builtfat as in "dadbob" or builtfat as in "bear mode"
>>
>>36610486
*dadbod
>>
File: cutprogress.png (377 KB, 791x293) Image search: [Google]
cutprogress.png
377 KB, 791x293
>>36610486
>>36610666
you tell me pham, been cutting. still have to cut a lot
>>
Rolling for name.
>>
135 pounds, but very lean for my weight, even when i started (martial arts).
A couple months in, this jacked, much larger dude does like three exact same exercises on a row (a while ago dont remember too well but i think it was some seated dips, french press and something else, maybe cable extensions).
Dont know if i was just coincidentally doing his routine (happy accident for me), or he thought they were good exercises. but i was sure the guy was lazy and recalled the exercises after seeing me do them. not lazy like that, he was tall, capped shoulders, and he had that "long-time gymbro" look to him.
>>
>>36610428
no one's copying you you fucking autist
>>
>>36610864
I was doing some squats, then a guy did some after me. Don't tell me he wasn't copying me, you shit.
>>
This happened to me yesterday, at first I was annoyed because it was just so weird.
>doing a 10 min light rowing and stretch warmup
>some lanky dude is doing 90lb deadlifts at the other end of the gym, really shitty form, practically dropping the barbell and making all sorts of noise
>back day for me so warm up with a couple sets of chins to failure
>as soon as im done lankfag goes to where I was and starts doing chins on the same bar with the same grip
>whatever dot com, i thought u were doing legs?
>I start busting out a few reverse grip lat pulldown and db bent over row supersets
>as soon as im finished my first set lankfag starts doing db bent over rows
>at this stage i was just laughing internally because lankfag had to settle on 30lb dumbells once he realised he couldnt match the 75lbs i was pulling
>catching him looking over at me occasionally, kinda weird and gay but whatever
>mfw in just a normal athletic looking dude, not even big
It was like a test boost, i started lifting heavier and cruised through the rest of my workout, winning a 'competition' that i didnt want to be in
>>
>>36610428
I feel both really, but when it persists noticeably, I walk up to them and bluntly call them out on it and offer advice if its clear theyre doing it because they dont know wtf theyre doing.
>>
>>36610864
>>36610895
I know you're kidding I'm talking about people specifically copying your routine down to the number of sets:reps you do
>>
>>36610681
Sorry Jeff, youre a dadbod

You can only be bearmode if your whole ribcage is enlarged
>>
File: download_20160331_034856.jpg (133 KB, 500x553) Image search: [Google]
download_20160331_034856.jpg
133 KB, 500x553
This shit always happens. I'm about to do an obscure exercise and some fucking dude decides he's gonna do it right before me. Can't risk looking like more of an autist than I already am so I do something else
>>
>>36610936
what if it's a qt, i've had girls copy my squat routine
>>
>>36611151
lay the foundation pupperino
>>
>>36611473
whatever it takes
>>
>>36610895
Stats?
>>
>>36611151
Lay the foundation pupper!
>>
Totally bro, people at the gym never do bench or curl
>>
I saw a gym regular at the market. Next day he copied my groceries from when he saw me. Every brand exactly the same. It was pretty akward
>>
>>36613466
Could be a coincidence
>>
>>36613445
people at my gym didn't do ohp until i started doing it
>>
>>36610908

He wanted you to notice him, senpai.

Granted, at the rate he was going, he was probably gonna hurt himself.
>>
>>36611151
Lay the foundation pupper
>>
>>36610908
he was deadlifting and then he did other back exercises and you're confused because you thought he was doing leg day?
idiot
>>
File: reeeeeeeason.jpg (73 KB, 850x400) Image search: [Google]
reeeeeeeason.jpg
73 KB, 850x400
>>
>>36610428

It makes me feel good, because 9/10 times its because you are big enough to convince people that what you are doing makes people huge.

So whenever comeone copys you, he is mirin you aswell
>>
File: roidzz.jpg (46 KB, 921x673) Image search: [Google]
roidzz.jpg
46 KB, 921x673
>>36610428
honestly, it pisses me off.
Whether it be random people or my friends
mfw i see them copy
>>
>>36611151
lay the foundation pupper
>>
>>36611151
lay the foundation, pupper
>>
>>36611151
>>
>>36611151
Lay the foundation, pepper.
>>
>>36611151

>>36610428

Yep, mostly teens who have no idea what they're doing or why. I'm the only white guy in town so they assume white = weightlifting expert. Which is nowhere near the truth. Nobody should ever copy me.
>>
>>36611151
>>
>>36611151
>>
>>
This doesn't bother me as much as I can feel bros eyeballing my tech or form or lift I chose because yes i will do shit like close grip incline dumbell presses.

copying another human being for the sake of learning has been built in, programmed in us for millenia. This is how we learn, quickly, vs if this didn't happen much more time would elapse to communicate knowledge than it already does.
>>
>>36610908
>It was like a test boost, i started lifting heavier and cruised through the rest of my workout, winning a 'competition' that i didnt want to be in
Small dumbell rack room where I go. nobody was in there at first, and limited benches and space. half way through set all of a sudden army of dudes waiting to use shit. Got pissed off and didn't want to look like pulling light so grabbed much heavier dumbell for row and raged it with power grip. Prob better for it.
>>
>>36611151
>>
>>36610428
It happens to me sometimes. I think maybe because my gym is quite busy sometimes and with the lack of equipment, people seem to get impatient and throw away their routine so they either make it up as they go or just copy someone.

Whenever it happens to me though, I just go lighter than I usually would so they feel good about lifting nearly the same as me. But then I destroy them by only taking 15 second rests.

It's funny watching them try to keep up with unrecovered muscles while their form deteriorates to even lower levels than usual.

Does only happen once or twice a month though.
>>
>>36611151
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.