[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's /fit/ opinion on organic foods?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: th.jpg (12 KB, 300x178) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
12 KB, 300x178
Is it worth the price? Are their some foods that you should get organic? Educate me?
>>
>>36609319
The only organic products I consume are semen.
>>
>>36609344
>not getting your semen from roiders
>>
In my experience, the differences between grassfed and feed-fed(?) beef is night and day in terms of both taste and nutrition.
Organic green tomatoes also have more available tomatidine which is proven to help sustain muscle mass, up to 30% in mice.
>>
>>36609367
my god you are right! I need to find some chad's to polish off
>>
Organic watermelon are good but only because bought at a farm. Most of the gluten free and organic shit are bullshit so people buy them for a higher price.
>>
>>36609319
Hola hombre!

Chef here, and where i work we use as many organic produces as humanly possible.

Mostly due to our budget being crazy high and its a good excuse for fresher produce.

In short, organic is the way nature intended something to be made; non organic is chemically enhanced for purposes like growth, taste, longevity.

Yeah sure its worth the price, pick up some fresh organic berries or some juicy fruit and taste for yourself.

Dry organic products is not worth the price.
>>
>>36609319
organic lulz
>>
I qte organic food once. Now I like men.
>>
Have you eaten a nonorganic strawberry lately? Have you noticed that even when they're bright red and look juicy that they taste really sour and firm? That's because those strawberries are bred to look delicious all the time so consumers buy them even if they taste like shit. This is happening with all produce. If you don't care about organic produce for your health and the earth, at least do it for the taste.
>>
>>36609372

>In my experience, the differences between grassfed and feed-fed(?) beef is night and day in terms of both taste and nutrition.

Taste is placebo and nutrition is negligible

>Most health claims focus on the omega-3 fats, which are generally regarded as healthful. The other nutrients are less relevant, says Alice H. Lichtenstein, a professor at Tufts University’s Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy: Either their amounts are too small to be significant or evidence of their value is equivocal.
>As to the omega-3s, we need to look at amounts. Omega-3 levels in grass-fed beef generally are about 50 percent higher than in regular beef. But because the levels in regular beef are so low, that’s not much of an advantage. Concentrations can vary widely, but according to the USDA, a 100-gram serving (a little under four ounces) of grass-fed top sirloin contains 65 milligrams of omega-3 fats, loin has 40 and rib-eye has 37. So even that 65-milligram amount is only about 22 milligrams more than that for regular beef and still far below levels in low-fat fishes such as tilapia (134 milligrams) and haddock (136). The omega-3 powerhouse king salmon has 1,270 milligrams. (The same logic applies to milk from grass-fed cows. It’s higher in long-chain omega-3 fats than milk from grain-fed cows, but a cup still has only 18 milligrams.) Recommendations on how much of these fats we need vary; most are in the range of 300 to 1,000 milligrams per day.

You're paying way more for a product that really isn't any less unhealthy
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.