[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Single mother and lifting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 4
File: 1452746588522.jpg (15 KB, 217x241) Image search: [Google]
1452746588522.jpg
15 KB, 217x241
Who /raisedbyasinglemother/ here?

Fuck, my life is living hell because of this shit.

She didn't feed me enough, never encouraged me to do any sports, and made me a shut-in.

Anyone in my case or what? How does /fit/ deal with it?

And more importantly, does trying to become a man by lifting fixes things?
>>
>>36605584
Wow what the fuck is up withat new format?
>>
>>36605594
April fools
>>
File: 1452074494540.png (505 KB, 885x1033) Image search: [Google]
1452074494540.png
505 KB, 885x1033
Grow a pair of balls and take responsibility of your own fucking life instead of blaming your mother you piece of shit.
>>
>>36605584
I had a single mom and I played football, ran track, and wrestled throughout highschool. I chose to stop drinking soda and she bought me all the milk I wanted. She make huge fucking meals and, most importantly, I didn't turn out to be a raging faggot like you
>>
>>36605594
Must you complain about everything Marilyn?

also
L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N
>>
>>36605584
I was also raised by a single mother, senpai. My dad was abusive. Daily beatings were pretty normal. My parents split up when I was around 11. I never saw my dad again. My mother spiraled downward. She started party and drinking way too often. Let me and my brothers do anything we wanted. I was obese as a child, developed drug problems before I was even a teen.
>>
>>36605620
You act like parents don't have a responsibility to guide their children. get fucked, retard
>>
>>36605584
>was a fat kid because bitch was too lazy to cook
>overly attached
>hysteric
>refused to put her life together but still needed emotional support so guess who was it
That's not even the end of the list, single parenthood should be banned
>>
>>36605671

Spoken like a walking vagina. Man up and forge your life into what you want it to be.
>>
>>36605699
>hurrdurr, children need to man up and take charge of their life
>>
>>36605584

I was, but it didn't ruin my life.

Stop blaming your life on generalizations that having a single mother ruins your life. My life is pretty fucking amazing.

Just admit it: you got a shit mother.
>>
>>36605584
I was raised primarily by a Single Mom. But for the first few years of my life I did have a dad... then he died.

She actually is quite supportive of my fitness efforts... it helps that she is also a massive shitlord.

God I love that woman.
>>
>>36605699
That's the spirit Anne! You go girl!
>>
>>36605712
Leah is right, it's not fair that people have shit parents but don't let it ruin you and your life.
>>
>>36605651
how's your life now?
>>
>brother grows up when parents were together
>popular, outgoing, lots of gfs, engaged
>parents divorce when I'm in elementary school
>no friends, shut in, no gfs, 27 and virgin

Honestly believed into my early 20s that if I was kind and liked by everyone, good things would just come my way.
>>
>>36605711
>i can't exercise because my mom doesn't exercise with me
>i don't have any friends because my mom didn't make any for me
>i'm a weak ass bitch because my mom doesn't cook for me
Even fucking 13 year olds can do stuff on their own. Normal people don't need their mother to hold their hand all the time.
>>
>>36605748
Pretty good, man. I quit using drugs several years ago. I've lost a lot of weight, and started lifting about six months ago. I'm leaving to basic training on Monday. Ready to start a new life.
>>
>>36605766
> I was kind and liked by everyone, good things would just come my way.

Isn't that the case most of the time though? People are attracted to popula and kin men.
>>
>>36605797
Oh and my mother is doing much better. She got remarried this year and is happy.
>>
>>36605711
That's what a good number of us did.
>Mom and dad were never together, didn't meet him until I was 16
>Poor as fuck, went to bed hungry sometimes
>Beat me until I had concussions and scars
I'm 23 now and I'm not exactly ballin, but my car is paid off, I don't have to worry about bouncing the rent check, and I'm fit. I certainly don't credit her with any of that.
>>
>>36605789
You're such a dumb ass, man. You act like a parent has no effect on a child's life. Parents instill their habits onto their children. CHILDREN do not know how to solve these problems. How can a child change their diet without their parent making changes?
>>
>>36605819
You're not a child now. Children are vulnerable and helpless to their parents.
>>
>>36605861
I think he's retarded and can't think shit through, leave him be.
>>
File: JoJo_29_052.jpg (90 KB, 604x992) Image search: [Google]
JoJo_29_052.jpg
90 KB, 604x992
>>36605584

You start being a man by STOP blaming your mother.

I'm not excusing your mother, but you clearly are blaming her for your life.

If you still have all these hangups that you attribute to her then expect no sympathy from anyone as you get older because eventually shes gonna die and noone will be able to verify your story.

You're not gonna get any 'understanding' from any gf/wife either, this is a uniquely male issue. They'll all think less of you... for being a sad sack of unmanly shit.

Seek help OP. Go to therapy. Lifting won't do a motherfucking thing. You'll wake up with your goal body one day and be supremely disappointed by how much the world does not care about your 500lb deadlift and your 3d delts.

good luck brahs.

we'll all make it.
>>
>>36605584
My mom worked her ass off, but she never really pushed to do anything with my life or develop any passions. If I wasn't a teenage father, she was happy.

So I've spent my life thus far learning how do into self-discipline.
>>
>>36605584
single handed raised by mother, lived a shitty teenager life since i was a lazy fuck.
she raised me through hell alone, im IQ superior, easy to understand women(still dont like their company to much tho) so i get laid very easily, now i gym, eat healthy, muay thai, study take care of my girl and me, apartment, best in class and so on.

You just had a shitty mom and dont blame that on her, you can change all that by yourself now, you are just a lazy prick
>>
>>36605861
So if you're a fat 14 yo kid, you can't just eat less because your mother is fat? Or if you're a skinny fucker you can't simply eat more? You can't join a sports team or go to a gym if your mother doesn't take you there? Are you disabled or mentally retarded or what?
>>
>>36605584
Not gonna lie senpai, when I see a cute girl and then I realize she is a single mother, dong goes from shaaawing to baaaprrrrpooonnnnn dunt
>>
>>36606016
That's not what I was saying, you fucking sperg. First off, I was talking about younger children. Your diet is influenced by what your parents buy. And who's paying for this gym membership? How do you get the transportation to get to the gym?
>>
>>36605809

All I needed was a "Son, if you want something to happen you have to make it happen"
>>
>>36605969
Teach me your ways senpai.

I'm a virgin at 21 years old, and I'm probably gonna be the same at 30 as I don't see myself ever changing. So ashamed by my physique.
>>
>>36606058
Should have said you live in a fucking 3rd world country. Sucks to be you.
>>
>>36606094
Just do it, man. Make a change because you want it, because you need it.
>>
>>36606094
Well thats the thing, you gotta get out of your safe zone, that will get things started in life, start gymming if you can, and/or eat less shit food.

the thing about getting in shape is the mind, not the body. Try getting out of your comfort zone budd, there is really no life hack into becoming a better human, i can guide you and help you as much as you want atm though,

so feel free to ask me anything if you want advice
>>
>>36606105
Good come back, dumb ass.
>>
>>36606134
The only thing I need to know is guidelines for women.

I feel like I've never attracted any woman in my life. I hear stories of males who get women flocking to them, but that doesn't happen to me.

Do we have to wait for signals? Do we have to chase them? I really don't know, I don't talk much to women.
>>
>>36605584
So you have an overly dependent mother who subtly sabotaged you in order to keep you around for as long as possible? Did she maybe persuade you away from sports? Feed you cookies and candy and let you play video games to much? Did she subtly criticize you when you showed sign of development and growth? Did she ignore your accomplishments or even worse diminish them? Congratulations you got your self an Oedipal situation

You might want to watch this to get some perspective and insight. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Zji6xMkOgo

Ignore those naive people in this thread who thinks that mothers can be nothing but angels that are out for the best for their kids. They are both naive and wrong and do you no good. If you feel you are on to something about her making you a shut in then you should go deeper in to that rabbit hole.

Be vary of people who are overly nice to you, a parents job is not to be nice to you, a parents job is to help you reach independency and enough life skills and competence to live on your own. If they are overly nice and do things for you so you end up underdeveloped without the necessary skills to handle your self in the world.

People who are overly nice to you is trying to fatten you up so they can eat you.
>>
>>36606181
One, fix your body issues. Workout and gain muscles. Then you can relax your mind and laugh a bit more. Women like funny guys, no doubt about that. So you should be calm relaxed and comical. Find the funny things in life. Watch comedy shows made for GUYS.

Make guy friends. Guys are your link to the hive mind
>>
>>36606181
Talk to them like a regular person. It's hard a first, you'll be nervous. Try to find common interests. Ask her on a date, get to know one another.
>>
>>36606181
We have to chase, if you're good looking they will give out signals, if you have no good experience with women, its a very hard road desu, but once mastered very easy. There is really nothing i can give you online tips since every women needs to be attracted individually(everyone needs a diffrent strat), Its a very hard market for men. But like i said if you master it, you know what to do within seconds, trust me, i was a beta back in the day. now i have slain over 60 diffrent women, but havent changed that number in a year + because a gf, but sorry mate, the general tip I would like to give out is, just act/be intresting, that means you gotta do something else then sit on PC/watch movies and so on, something that shows that you "have a life" somehow, or trick them to you having one if you dont
>>
>>36606207
This is a bit of bull, they just like being relaxed with your company, so the "funny" part is just breaking the ice isch, in the long run is kinda bad, unless you have a humour that goes around VERY well.

Many who goes around with the "I has the humour" thingy, is most likely good looking or have a women with less confidence, so they laugh it out and almost pretend to like the jokes(they dont bother to not tho, since you keep showing the lady that she can be comfortable, so she still happily laughs) but this is an illusion for many people
>>
>>36605584
I was raised by a single mother and thought everything was going well until I hit highschool, then realized what a bad home life I had.

Was never pushed to do well in school, never had positive reinforcement, she acted like me hanging out with friends was like i was trying to leave her even if it was for an afternoon, wasn't taught how to eat well and was fed fast food twice a day.

I'm sure there are people who had a positive home life with a single mother but mine was shit.
>>
>>36606266
Good example of >>36606201
>>
>>36606266
>>36606286
hey i am >>36605969

my mom forced me to have good grades, NO f's accepted, had to go to atleast one sport(was going to two tho, soccer and random) every week. You just had shitty moms, i had a shitty dad
>>
>>36605713
tell us more, Jaci.
>>
>>36606286
Being an adult it's very obvious to me now. I'm practically her only friend and she begs me to see her three times a week even though I'm married, have my own house, full time student and work 40 hours a day.

Highschool opened my eyes and I was bullied like a mother fucker all freshman year. Glad kids are brutal because without it I wouldn't have had motivation to change myself for the better.
>>
>>36605766
>>brother grows up when parents were together
>>popular, outgoing, lots of gfs, engaged
>>parents divorce when I'm in elementary school
>>no friends, shut in, no gfs, 27 and virgin
>Honestly believed into my early 20s that if I was kind and liked by everyone, good things would just come my way.
>Replies: >>36605809
could just be that you are more worthless than your older brother. Jesus, you can't blame everything on your parents or else you won't ever achieve anything.

There are people with really shitty parents that still make something of themselves. We aren't all dealt the same hand, but after that you do. you dig.
>>
>>36606309
I don't think my mom had ever seen a single report card I brought mom and I gotten in trouble with my teachers a few times because she wouldn't sign anything I brought home concerning grades. The one sport I wanted to play wasn't doable because she would have to drive me to school early and didn't want to wake up before 10.
>>
>>36606016
>So if you're a fat 14 yo kid, you can't just eat less because your mother is fat?
Actually no. Fat mothers usually guilt their children to eat as much as they do because it's "unhealthy" to eat less. Source: fat mother who was getting in my pregress
>>
>>36605711
I grew up disabled in a single parent home with 2 other siblings. I saw my mom maybe 4 hours a day from the time I was 11 until I moved out for college. I blamed my mom for so many things until I turned 17 and realized what was coming up in life.

I've still got shit I'm working on, but it's MY shit, not my mom's, not my criminal father's, not my country's. Own your problems and put them to work, otherwise you might as well kill yourself since blaming others and being a perpetual victim will gain you nothing
>>
>>36605584

Kill yourself Doug.
Wehhh Mommy didnt wipe my ass enough?
Was your father supposed to do it for her? No wonder he left. kek
>>
>>36605584
It fucked up my childhood but I am probably going to make it far thanks to her, so I have no hard feelings.

She would probably be a workoholic anyway and my step-father (she cucked him) would probably do a super shitty job anyway, so it doesn't matter.
>>
>>36606356
>people with really shitty parents who make something of themselves

You're God damn right.

> neglected and psychologically abused
>parents split
>dad kills himself coz bipolar while I'm still at uni
>get on with my shit and finish with a 2.1
>now entrepreneur with consistent funding

You have to fight every single day and I suggest all of you who can't get your lives together on your own seek professional help.
>>
Rolling for alpha name.

Also, I was raised by my neglectful single father. I was one of those.
>>
>>36605584
stop being a little bitch, get a job, help out your struggling mom and lift on the side. bonus points for getting a job involving heavy manual labour (mover, furniture/appliance delivery, etc) for twice the gains
>>
>>36606346
Good job you did very well. A lot of people just get "consumed" and end up eternal neets.

My mother used to write false reports to my school lying about me being sick so i could stay at home sleep and play video games. I thought that was awesome. She did my homework to some times. Oversleeping was a common thing and she said to me that was ok that she would just write a message to the teacher and i would get no trouble because it was her that overslept. When i got in trouble i used to try to get her to yell at me or be adult just so my friends would think she was normal. She didn't give a rats ass. She sheltered me from the consequences of my actions a lot of the time.

She completely cucked my little brother, he still lives with her. He is mommy's little angel and thinks being a nice is what is gonna get him girls. He does really bad with them which is weird because he is good looking and ripped as fuck. He even takes it personally if i criticize her. Its frustrating as fuck.. Little to no positive reinforcement, made fun of me when i was talking with or flirting girls so i felt i had to hide it from her that i had interest in girls.
>>
>>36605584
sounds like you're just blaming your mother for your failures

stop bieng a bitch
>>
>>36606437
Again was talking about children, not adults. Of course when you're older you can make a change.
>>
Your mom did the best she could. You would have turned out to be a massive faggot whether your dad was there or not. Stop making excuses for your wasted life.
>>
>>36606495
Except I was still arguably a kid when I took charge and started changing
>>
>>36605584
Starting skelly is nothing compared to being fat in childhood,teens,...
U never have to worry about having high estrogen,havinf fucked up hormones, gyno, loose skin for the rest of ur life, wasting precious years cutting and losing strenght and u will less likely get fat on a bulk.
Be happy u started skelly anon.
>>
>>36606201
yes the oedipal thing is my life. shit disgusts me. even at 33 years old shes still trying to enslave me. my life fell apart and as soon as i started working decent hours.. oh hey i quit my job, cause they are so meeean. so you still working alot? lol. fucking cunt, always needs help cause she feels entitled and will try anything to make someone her slave bitch. everytime she has money she wastes it on garbage. i know her tricks though, every conversation is traps and bait. i dont give her nothing, so.. she quits her job. im so pissed, i wish i had a cool mom instead of an evil witch.
>>
File: 1458006757702.jpg (48 KB, 640x758) Image search: [Google]
1458006757702.jpg
48 KB, 640x758
>>
>>36606201
this
>>
>>36605584
My mother wanted a daughter, so I'm currently undoing all the fucking damage she did until I moved out at 15
>>
>>36605584
wasn't feed anything but party pies that my mum bought in bulk and left in freezer, so i made sure to walk home with friends when i was a kid and stay at their house till someone feed me. would go to a different house throughout the week so it wouldn't be obvious.

I walked everywhere and climb a shit load of things so I had muscle definition to a certain extent as a child already.

Wasn't a shut in because I didn't want to be home.
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.