[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help handies?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: bad-deadlift-form-272x300.jpg (19 KB, 272x300) Image search: [Google]
bad-deadlift-form-272x300.jpg
19 KB, 272x300
Does fit help others at the gym? The other day i saw a guy deadlifting with the worst possible form. Just hunched back, straight legs, hips super high. Then i also had a guy ask me to spot him incline bench he was trying to do 135 5x5 but could only do 2 reps ea check time by himself.

Does fit help these people or do you just ignore it and move on? I feel like itd be a douche thing to do specially if its not a qt in the gym.
>>
You ignore people unless the specifically ask for help.
>>
>>36604917
Hi Henry,

Being an autismo DYEL I'd appreciate the assistance but normies probably wouldn't. I'd be flattered if somebody asked me for help on something but such an event has never taken place

Hope this helps
>>
>>36604980
Wow Cory I didnt think about it like that. But i think you not being a nameless face is what changes it. I can relate!
>>
I work at a gym and had some guy storm out 3 days ago and never come back because someone gave him a workout tip.

Guy leaves yelling at me "I rarely have time to come workout and when I do I don't need someone telling me how to workout"

I asked the kid what he advice he gave him.

>kid told him you don't need clips on Smith machine
>>
>>36605582
lol what a fag
>>
I occasionally got decent help and encouragement from people with similar goals to me witch I REALLY appreciated, but it just takes one piece of bad advice to really fuck someone over

Was doing pretty well with strength gains last year, until one dude was insisting I tweak my deadlifting position which led to me really fucking up my lower back (and it was only a lighter warm up set)

only just started lifting again last month, at a new gym
>>
no i don't feel like i look good enough for anyone to take what i say as gospel, and i don't want to run the risk of taking someone under my wing
>>
File: Fd717mZ.jpg (190 KB, 908x870) Image search: [Google]
Fd717mZ.jpg
190 KB, 908x870
I never help or offer anyone advice

If people want something they can ask me about it specifically but otherwise I won't say a word

I highly recommend this practice
>>
>>36604917
i help them with deadlifts or if they're doing something dangerous and they really don't know what they're doing.

I'll walk up to a skinny DYEL, like 'hey man can I just show you a little mistake you're making on the deadlift, its cool its just a minor thing, I used to make the same mistake, basically you need to do (blah blah blah)' then i demonstrate, then i watch them do it and say 'perfect my man'

Its always skinny asian dudes, so they're too beta to be anything but grateful
>>
>>36605582
ayyyy lmao
>>
>>36606178
I also ask stronger guys for advice on the finer points of my own form, so its all give and take.
>>
>>36606178
this is good, but they still get intimidated, do this and add some sort of "flavor" into it so they get comfortable, like "Hey bro, seen you around here a bit, progress going good, but i would just like to make a tiny suggestion" Yes you might have to lie, but if you want to really encourage some pussy's, this is the right way
>>
told a couple kids they should go lower with their squats (they were going 1/5 of the way down) they looked at me puzzled so i just walked off
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.