[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bodybuilder vs powerlifter
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 2
File: 1.jpg (483 KB, 2533x1211) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
483 KB, 2533x1211
>muh bodybuilders are weak meme
>muh functional strength

Powerlifters BTFO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXLl62Y0gi8
>>
>>36603324
Kek the manlet destroys the powerlifter
>>
>>36603324
>a person who's training revolves around low-reps and a person who's training revolves around hi-reps
who woulda thunk it
>>
>>36603336
The weight is the same for both, the strongman is clearly the 'weaker' man
>>
>>36603324
Strongman not a powerlifter you dit
>>
>>36603363
Looks like a weakman to me
>>
>>36603324
The power lifter is natural, the other one is not.
>>
>>36603358

If you set up a challenge custom-made for the BBer, yeah.

Which is more or less how Strength Wars works - figure out who they'd rather win and then set up the challenge to favour them.
>>
>>36603369
Thanks captain obvious
>>
>>36603358
You do realise that both rep ranges target different muscle fibers that are fundamentally different, right?
>>
>>36603380
Honestly looking at the gap between the strongman and the bodybuilder in this test I think the bodybuilder would even give him a good contest in exercises favoured for the strongman.

I think the biggest difference here is natty vs roids, not so much bodybuilder vs strongman exercises
>>
>>36603365
kek
>>
>>36603394

Maybe, maybe not. You can get away with a lot of stupidity in strongman lifts when done for high reps that really, really don't work when you start getting into heavier territory.

Of course, in Strongman they'd never be in direct competition. Different weight classes.
>>
>>36603324
more roids vs less roids

yeah more roids win. what's new?
>>
>>36603424
Also don't forget, the strongman probably has a good 4-5 inches on him, that should work in his favour to
>>
>>36603324
The BB is roided to fuck you utter dumb cunt
>>
>>36603433

Only on certain events. It'd work against him in others.
>>
>>36603439
Mad bearmode lanklet detected
>>
>>36603324
>powerlifter
>title of the video says strongman
>literally wearing clothing that says strongman

Your reading comprehension is weaker than that Dragonforce reject's haircut.
>>
>>36603440
>It'd work against him in others.
Like what, in terms of raw strength it should work in his favour
>>
>>36603442
>lanklet
hello hobbit
>>
>>36603455
Hello dicklet
>>
>>36603453

In terms of raw strength, height is only an advantage in that it allows you to stack on more bodyweight. Without that, its a disadvantage.

In terms of other strongman qualities its an advantage in terms of covering an arbitrary distance (carries are easier with bigger steps, the loading events are easier because the platform is lower relative to you, things like that) and a disadvantage when your size determines the ROM (take, for example, a log clean and press for max reps in a minute - the taller guy has to move the log further for each rep, so the same amount of work is gonna get less reps done in the time limit).
>>
>>36603442
>bearmode
>lanklet

What
>>
>>36603475
Interesting, guess you have a point
>>
>>36603475
This. A lot of things have to do with simple physics like f=m.a, but stored energy in tendons also contribute to strength.
>>
>>36603324
Very good concept. Too bad the guys making it are complete retards.

The least they could do is find competitors of equal height and weight.

With maybe 3 different types of activities.

1 activity that favors A
1 activity that favors B
And 1 neutral activity.

If you judge a calisthenics dude against a powerlifter,the powerlifter will do well in deadlifts while the calisthenics guy will do well in humanflags or whatever it is they do.
>>
1) That is a strongman, not a powerlifter
2) That event is heavily biased towards bodybuilding, strongmen don't exactly do high rep work.
3) They are two very very different classes of athletes. The bodybuilder is a lot more advanced than the strongman.
4) The bodybuilder is roided to fuck

I'd say if they used the one of best American strongman like Brian Shaw like they had used one the best German bodybuilder, it wouldn't have even be close.

If they had used heavier weights , or had switched the log press with heavy farmers carries it probably would have also been a clear winner.

As >>36603372 said, very biased, and the winner was picked before the competition was even started.

Nice bait, faggot, I bit it.
>>
#REKT #BTFO #POWERLIFTFAILS #DYELFAGGOTS
>>
>>36603426
>strongman is on roids

Wanna know how I know you dont lift?
>>
Not watched the vid, what were the events?
>>
>>36603324
Tetzel is the jobbiest jobber on that show
glad hes gone, his personality is pretty obnoxious
>>
>>36603442
>bearmode lanklet

dont just mash together memes you dont know the meaning of in an attempt to fit in
>>
>>36604454
think it was squats, diddlys and log press
>>
>>36604510
no squats, it were curls
>>
>>36603550

isnt the log press a strong man activity the curls a bodybuilding excercise and the trap bar deadlift both
>>
>>36604817
Dude. Punctuation.
>>
>>36604817
the curls were fat grip too i think, which should favour the strongman
>>
>>36603324
I don't really care about getting huge numbers, I'm just in it to look good. Even so, as a natty bodybuilder I'm still benching 325 and squatting 405 and deadlifting 485.
>>
>>36604839
punctuation on a indonesian anal bleaching board?

pls
>>
look up tom platz vs fred hatfield
>>
>>36603324
>only static events
lyl, get him doing the dynamic events and see how it goes.
>>
>"strength" competition
>curls
>>
>>36603550
>Too bad the guys making it are complete retards.
The media is like a human-mimicking parasite which sucks humans into it as presenters or creators so you think "oh this person is talking to me and we're engaged in a project to develop humanity" but they act like they're working on the same project as you because they're being paid to and acting like your media productions are part of a grand human project adds to views because it appeals to people at face value (I'm learning and we're all working together) but the media aren't scientists and they don't necessarily care about anything other than views.

I suggest you read about Francis Bacon's "Idols" (biases) if you haven't already. It's in the opening section of the Novum Organum, I think or you might find a summary somewhere. You have to work hard to apply the scientific method and the media as media have no reason to.
>>
>>36607645
the fuck are you on about

you realise this channel is operated by a bunch of german bodybuilders right? "the media" dont have anything to do with this
>>
>>36603475
>take, for example, a log clean and press for max reps in a minute - the taller guy has to move the log further for each rep, so the same amount of work is gonna get less reps done in the time limit
but at the same time he has bigger limbs in general, including hands and feet; meaning more stabile stance and body structure
>>
If it was going to be something that had a similar disparity between the events favoring each individual lifter the strongman favoring event should have been heavy farmer walks or atlas stones. Something the bodybuilder literally never does, which is what barbell curls would be for the strongman.
>>
>>36607787

Fitness mafia brah
>>
>>36603433
good god, manlets on this board are so obsessed with height. It's not that big of a deal.
>>
>>36608399
>manlets on this board are so obsessed with height
>implying lanklets aren't also
>>
>>36608361
yeah, or even just max log rather than reps at 80kg. I'm shit at log and even I can one motion an 80kg log for a few reps, technique can pretty much be disregarded at that sort of weight if you're any sort of serious lifter.
>>
>>36603582

> 1) That is a strongman, not a powerlifter

Correct

>2) That event is heavily biased towards bodybuilding, strongmen don't exactly do high rep work.

Not true. Some strongman events involve reps of a set weight (most reps win). Endurance is a very key element of strongman. Tetzel was just poorly conditioned.

3) They are two very very different classes of athletes. The bodybuilder is a lot more advanced than the strongman.

From appearances it seems so, but I am willing to posit that the strongman, Tetzel, was just poorly conditioned. I'm not saying he would have won if he had done more cardio, but it would have been much, much closer. If you take a look at the strongman events featuring Patrik Baboumian, you will see he has tremendous endurance - in fact, his signature event is the yoke. Even though Baboumian looks like Martin Van Buren and Wolverine had a baby with Buddha, he has very good conditioning compared to Tetzel.

4) The bodybuilder is roided to fuck

Roids will increase your ability to train and recover, and increase your muscle mass: but endurance of this scale is still a matter of conditioning.
>>
File: TUTURU.jpg (1 MB, 1100x1100) Image search: [Google]
TUTURU.jpg
1 MB, 1100x1100
>>36603324
>Tim's accent
I'd suck his dick no homo
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.