[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did you quit soda?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 18
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 600x450
How did you quit soda?
>>
File: a62.png (262 KB, 680x661) Image search: [Google]
a62.png
262 KB, 680x661
>>36602781
0 calorie soda
>>
>>36602781
Come to the realization you're literally fucking drinking poison and then when you get an urge drink a bottle of water.
>>
>>36602781

I stopped drinking it, you useless shit.
>>
>>36602793
So, you didn't really quit it.
>>
>>36602781
I just don't drink it. It's easy when you're used to it. Otherwise as anon has mentioned, drink diet soda, but there are other health concerns related to artificial sweeteners, so keep it to a minimum.
>>
>>36602781
Drink sparky mineral water instead. First maybe with a little lemon juice to give it some taste, but then leaving out tastes altogether. Pretty easy once you do not have to pay attention to it.
>>
>>36602781
Carbonated mineral water with no artificial sweeteners.

Go for carbonated drinks with stevia in them, too.
>>
File: a62.png (190 KB, 680x660) Image search: [Google]
a62.png
190 KB, 680x660
>>36602809
My bodyfat % implies otherwise
>>
>>36602824
dumb fucking frogposter
>>
>>36602781
ive struggled with drinking 2 litres of coke everyday, do you want to know how i stopped?

i stopped drinking coke

fucking magic
>>
Make water more convenient. Invest in a good water bottle, something by s'well or mira is good. Drink water exclusively for a week and after that you won't miss it.
>>
fruit and water
>>
>>36602837
>struggling with only 2

Must have been easy to quit.
>>
>>36602781
I just slowly removed it from my diet. Anytime I wanted soda, I would just drink water or milk. I would only order soda at restaurants. Eventually, I just started ordering water at restaurants. It's not too hard if you just take baby steps.
>>
File: 1337748231536.jpg (5 KB, 150x140) Image search: [Google]
1337748231536.jpg
5 KB, 150x140
>>36602854
>only 2
>>
I stopped drinking soda. How is that hard?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (99 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
99 KB, 1920x1080
I realized that even though soda was tasty, it left me feeling even more thirsty and unsatisfied than if I hadn't drank anything.

> Mfw a icy cold cup of water after a hot day/ hard work out feels about as good as sex
>>
>>36602888
Feels good 8man, never had sex though.
>>
>>36602882
Anon. Unless you're having a 2 liter for breakfast, one for lunch, one for dinner, and one in my mini-fridge by my bed for late night. then it's kinda easy to walk away from
>>
>>36602905
You're disgusting.
>>
>>36602781
Decided to spend my money on things that are longer-lasting than bottles of soft drink.

I'll still buy bottles here and there if I'm having a catch-up with mates or going to a party, but I don't see the point in day-to-day.

Living alone is the best thing that has ever happened to my health.
>>
I stopped drinking it.

What, you aren't a sentient being that can make a rational decision?
>>
>>36602851

Literally the only realistic helpful advice in this thread
>>
>>36602934

T-thanks, you too.
>>
>>36602905
Jesus christ. Do you feel like shit all the time?
>>
>suddenly decide I don't want to drink this crap any more
>exchange soda for juice
>after a while discover that juice has as much sugar as soda
>exchange juice for sparkling mineral water
>>
>>36602908
I thirst for life anon.

>>36602944
Still walked away from it anon. Those were my younger years
>>
>>36603021
>Still walked away from it anon
Don't you mean rolled away from it?
>>
I drink Coke everyday. It's tasty and i like it.
>>
>>36603021
Good on you man. That's something to be proud of. God Damn.
>>
>>36603029
You're a piece of shit.
>>
>>36602781
I never had a problem so it was pretty easy for me to take soda out of my life, I cut out soda once I learned about what it does to your teeth.
>>
>>36603046
That's rude
>>
>>36602781
coke zero
>>
When I was a teen I drank Dr Pepper like water. For a long time after I drank flavored artifcially sweetened garbage water and sweetened coffee/tea. I transitioned from that to plain water and unsweetened black cofee/tea.
>>
File: 1307654840964.jpg (10 KB, 240x250) Image search: [Google]
1307654840964.jpg
10 KB, 240x250
>>36603135
>>36602793
>how did you quit soda?
>oh I started drinking another type of soda
>>
>>36602851
those look like shit dude.

Go with a hydro flask if you're gonna spend a ton of money on a water bottle. Otherwise klean canteen is good for the price.
>>
>>36602888
Usually when it feel good like that it means I'm dehydrated as fuck.

It only lasts for one glass. Then its just normal fucking water.
>>
>>36602781
PEPPERMINT TEA

just brew a big pot every moring
if you cant or dont want to kick the sugar all at once start with an amount you like and reduce it by a teaspoon with evry new pot till your dining plain tea
also ginger tea and milk is a good rootbear substiute
also mix black and peppermint tea if you dont wanna give up on colas caffine
>>
I drink sparkling water and various forms of tee. some with sugar but most without

>>36603029
once you've been absent from sugar long enough coke doesn't taste that good anymore desu
>>
>>36602781
don't drink it
>>
>>36602811
>>36602818
>>36603281
This I bought a soda stream you make your own carbonated water. I don't use any flavouring though. it also help me quit drinking beer. Just the carbonation in it is enough to satisfy a craving for a cold one. Holy fuck I had to go through CAPTCHA hell to get this post off
>>
I made my new years resolution in 2014 to drink nothing but water for the whole year. And I did it and it was fucking easy.
>>
fruity teas + carbonated water. no sugar, or a small amount of honey. i reccommend bear trap from david's tea it tastes like berry jam. add lemon and its basically passion tea lemonade from starbucks but not 900 cals.
>>
>>36602888
I know.
It's practically designed from the ground up to make you buy more to maximize revenue.
>>
>>36602781
I didn't buy it.
Same thing with fast food. I've always prioritised cooking your own food. Maybe because I'm Australian.
>>
>>36602781
Plain carbonated water like seltzer. The carbonation helps.
>>
>>36603811
>but not 900 cals
I know you're probably saying a ridiculous number right there, but do star bucks drinks have a fuckton of kcal?
>>
>>36602781
Stopped buying it so there is none in the house.
Don't buy it when I'm out.
Don't put as much or any sugar in any food or drink I make at home.
Might buy an energy drink before gym if I haven't eaten much that day
>>
>>36603922
Yes, kek some Starbucks items have 1000+ calories
>>
>>36602781
Hahahaha nigga just stop drinking it like nigga just close your mouth
>>
>>36603922
Yes.

Check their nutrition for their venti frappechinos
>>
>>36602781
Was quite easy, I just started drinking non carbonated water and stopped drinking soda.
6 months later I drank a glass of Jack Daniels with Pepsi at a party.
Literally tasted like sugar water with alcohol at that point.
>>
>>36603944
>just close your mouth
Tall order for most fatburgers.
>>
File: 1455633724897.gif (407 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1455633724897.gif
407 KB, 250x250
>>36603940
>>36603960
>look around on google
>highest I see is about 600kcal
>about 600ml worth of garbage
>90g of sugar
>120mg of caffeine
I can drink a 2 liter coke and it's still healthier than this shit, right?
What in the absolute fuck, seriously.
Also, let me take a guess, they also sell water with 50g of sugar and call it "Starbucks water brand water"?
>>
>>36602781
I stopped by drinking water. Also if your weak either make your own or get the switch
>>
>>36602781
Never learnt to enjoy soda. Plus I can't stand carbonated beverages, taste like nerve gas.
>>
>>36602781
I never liked it in the first place
>>
cold turkey motherfucker
>>
>>36602781
Sweat smelled like shit. U stopped and lost 10 lbs
>feels good
>>
Watched a video of an egg being in soda for a long time and the shell was dissolved with fragments of it on the bottom, thought about the enamel on my teeth and quit cold turkey from there. Whenever I do have it now (if there's nothing else) I feel sick afterwards
>>
>>36602781
stop drinking it ya person on the internet
>>
>>36602781
Force yourself to not drink it. After about a week soft drinks will begin to be repulsive.
>>
>>36603987
600 might be the highest base drink, but I've sseen bitches ask for, extra caramel, extra whip cream and replace the milk with half and half. Then they add a sweet n low packet...
>>
>>36605901
>sweet and low packet
this is a meme right?
>>
Soda is expensive and has no nutritional value.
>>
>>36602793
I had to quit drinking that as well cause it gave me the shits. But I went pretty cold turkey on both.
>>
>>36602799
>literally drinking poison
kys
>>
>>36602781

always having a water bottle in tow
>>
>>36602781

who the fuck said i quit soda
>>
First I switched to diet soda. More recently, I told myself I could have one of those Juarritos sodas with real sugar once a week, or I could drink diet soda.

I now drink one mandarin Juarritos a week and water the rest of the time.
>>
It wasn't hard for me.
When I went to get something to drink, i would conciously pick something other than soda. (Water, Milk, Juice etc)

From time to time I really crave a soda but I've been going for 4 months now and it's like why start again.

Also, because of it I've been sleeping so much better. Caffeine is no joke, it fucks you up senpai.
>>
>>36603157
>how did you quit sugary stuff?
>oh I started drinking non sugary stuff which taste the same
>>
>>36606136
wew lahd they memeing irl these days
>>
>>36602781
It also gave me a lot of acne so that was extra motivation for me to quit it. When i get cravings i have some ice tea or fruit instead.
>>
>>36602854
>only two litres
Murricans ofcourse
>>
Just stop drinking it for a while. After a while you'll feel sick to your stomach just thinking about the over the top sirupy sweet taste.

I used to love soda, now I have it.
>>
Quitting soda was the easiest thing ever. I don't even have a lot of willpower or motivation for other stuff.
>>
>>36602781
Soda>juice>ice tea>real tea>water

Took over a month to transition, stopped drinking soda all together
>>
>>36606225
>Moving goalposts
>>
Cash poor.
Didn't want to waste my money on soda, because tight food budget.
Ill have it occasionally if I'm at some sort of holiday party or something, but I never buy it.
>>
File: 1456057192802.jpg (577 KB, 1500x1492) Image search: [Google]
1456057192802.jpg
577 KB, 1500x1492
>>36603868
Fuck take away. If i ever feel like something special and tasty i try and make it.
>tfw you make pizzas on the barbie with a pizza stone and it's easy as fuck
>tfw you can add any topping you like and whatever quantity you like

Home-made pizzas man. Hory fuk they're good. Same with burgers
>>
>>36602781
By not being addicted to sugary beverages like a pussy.

I mean, pardon my French, but I don't get it. What makes you so dependent on soda that you have to devise of ways to 'quit' drinking it? I can see how it would be habit-forming if you're used to drinking it on daily basis, but I have hard time believing it's as physically/psychologically addictive as substances known to cause addiction, like alcohol or tobacco, which people genuinely need to devise plans for with which to quit.

For something like foodstuff and drinks which have little, if any, inherent addictiveness, it seems like the most sensible solution is to cut them out of your routine grocery shopping list. If you're hesitant to switch to water because you must have that sweet aftertaste, consider cutting up a fruit and taking a bite right after you drink your fill of water. Then it'll feel like you drank the corresponding amount of juice, soda, or whatever with almost none of the repercussion from guzzling cans of empty carbs.
>>
File: pepe20.jpg (120 KB, 1024x661) Image search: [Google]
pepe20.jpg
120 KB, 1024x661
Anyone else here not able to enjoy tap water?

I dont dislike the taste, but there's something weird about it.

water has been my liquid of choice for the last 3 or 4 years, but i have to buy purified water. at least it's cheap af, so i dont feel like i'm wasting a lot of money on it.

>tfw 12lt bottle is 1.99
>tfw 500ml coke is almost $2 in some restaurants.
>>
>>36602781
I never started
>>
>>36602888
That feeling is amazing but it also means that you were too dehydrated. Ideally you would never be thirsty
>>
Unsweet coffee with milk (no sugar)
Tea with lemon only, or green tea with hibiscus (no sugar).
Water with splash of 100% cranberry (not cran-apple sugar water, the kind of real cranberry juice that makes you pucker).
>>
>>36607106
You are a retard.
Given the choice between water with cocaine or water with sugar, mice I'm trials pick sugar.
>>
>>36602781
Soda is a waste of money, no nutrients, it affects your health and makes you feel more thirsty.

Into the trash it goes.
>>
>>36602781
>go to dentist
>like 6 cavities
>no insurance, pay out of pocket
>drink only water

You'll crave the sugar for a bit, but it goes away. Just eat some fruit or dark chocolate or something if you can't hack cold turkey.
>>
milk and water. that's all I drink
>>
I never leave the house and my mom only buys milk.
>>
>>36607272
We're not talking about mice, you sack of lard. We're talking about human beings who can differentiate sugar and narcotics.

People who claim to be addicted to soda seem to liken replacing it with the healthier alternatives to some kind of insurmountable task whose completion is beyond mortal capabilities. From my perspective, that sounds like they're deliberately making it harder for themselves to get out of the mire they've gotten stuck in by continuously convincing themselves that dropping soft drinks is too difficult.

This is the real point I'm trying to make. You don't need rehab or any complex, long-winded, clinically tested and proven methods to quit soda. You just need to overcome that very temporary compulsion to pick up a pack of coke when you walk past the soda aisle at the grocery store.
>>
>>36602781
>How did you quit soda?

You actually need advice for this? Are you 8 years old?
>>
>>36602781
It's fucking nasty, that's how.
>>
Just drink water for a few weeks, and after that, you won't even want that nasty shit that is soda. Pretty much the same as any junk food. You're just addicted to it. It's not actually good.
>>
Have you ever traveled out of the country, let's say to South America, and tried a Coca Cola? Pepsi? It's a totally different beverage.

In other places, they get the mix of syrup and sugar to carbonated water just right. It's delicious.

I remember buying a Coke in a fucking backwater town in Afghanistan and comparing it to its American counterpart picked up in Bagram. The Hajji Coke, which was bottled in Turkey, was so much better. It had that perfect mix.

American Coke is too heavy on the syrup, which is concocted with artificial sweetener. It's fucking gross.
>>
Never started drinking it in the first place
>>
Watermelon juice, it's got the same sugar content as soda but no carbonation. After that I switched to a brand of low sugar iced tea, and then I just tapered off that to water and milk.
>>
I drank as many as i could in one setting. You'll never want one again. Once you lose the taste for it, it just tastes like carbonated corn syrup. Which is what it is..
>>
>>36602781
>be me in college
>on lsd
>want a snack
>soda tastes like poison
>hot pockets taste like poison
>doritos taste like poison
>fruit and water is everything i've ever wanted
>>
>>36602781
>I worked at a place where soda was free,
>drank it for 2 months straight because
>I Thot is was cool.
>Stomach is always hurting from those 2 months >friend says I drink too much soda
>tells me drink water from now on tell him fuck off.
>Go to doctor for stomach pains tells me I got urinary trak infection
>tells me drink water from now on
>Friend yells at me for trying to drink soda
Good friends I guess
>>
>>36602781
I just did. Stopped buying it when grocery shopping and replaced it with water. Stop being a weak cunt.
>>
Sparkling water to ease off. Seriously, the pineapple coconut flavor is god tier. It's just carbonated water with only a little bit of flavoring and artificial sweetener so if you're coming straight from soda it might be pretty bitter but once your body isn't used to tons of sugar it even starts to taste as sweet as soda.
>>
>>36602781
Just start working out.

Fuck, how can someone get all sweaty after a workout and thirst for anything besides an ice cold water?

Seriously, the day I started running was the day I replaced 2 liters in my fridge with water jugs. Once you realize how good ice cold water is after a workout, you start having it all the time.

Anyone with an addiction to soda here clearly doesn't lift.
>>
After getting a house with my fiance at the time, I started buying orange juice instead of pop.

Went through 4L of juice every two weeks. Then it was 2L every two week and that's where I am now. Don't drink any pop at all now.
>>
Think about how you're drinking a bubbling burning concoction full of sugar and salt or chemicals.
>>
I think about all the sugar Im taking in and I get grossed out.
>>
>>36602781
I stopped when I went to college. I didn't want to pay for my own. Drinking it with meals was never a habit so ended up not drinking it anymore. Whenever I go home I find myself drinking it again though so I probably haven't "quit" exactly.
>>
>>36607685
Juice has the same amount of sugar as soda.
You're drinking the same shit with a different name.
>>
>>36602781
I'm neet and don't want to walk down to the store to buy some
>>
>>36602781
It was a little hard since I was addicted to that thing
I started pouring some water in my glass filled with soda
Then it was half water half soda
Then just a little soda
Then none
Now soda is just too sweet 4 me
>>
>tfw 3rd day of nosoda and nofap

I drowse off all the, time head hurts and every time i see a solid 7 irl or on the computer i get a 5 minute daydream about the process of creampieing her
>>
>>36607272
Mice I'm trial pick sugars too
>>
Buy a good water bottle.

Use the calories you save by dropping soda to eat more junk food at first.

Then stop being a fat shit.
>>
>>36602781

>Used to go through a 12-pack of cans daily
>Want to cut cold, but can't because I'm literally addicted
>Start by reducing my intake to just 1 can a day
>2 weeks later, reduce it to just one a week
>A month later, cut it out entirely
>I now only drink soda for special occasions to treat myself

That first cycle of reducing my intake was complete and utter hell, but it got considerably easier once I broke the addiction.
>>
>>36602781
I didn't.
>>
>>36602781
Never really liked it to begin with desu senpai
>>
>>36602915
Living alone is fucking dope for your health. I miss the days when I could have literally nothing in my fridge/pantry and no one complained.
>>
>>36602781
I was a poor student and tap water costs less
>>
>>36603987
Why don't people drink regular black coffee anymore?
>>
>>36608610
It's so pre-starbucks.
>>
>>36608289
Seriously, even as a kid a whole glass would make me feel sick. Same with sweets. Give me an espresso and a lemon over a coffee and a chocolate bar
>>
>>36603252
+1
>>
>>36602781
you don't
#ROADTO300
>>
>>36602781
Switch to sparkling water, that should satisfy you.
>>
I just decided one day to stop drinking soda. And now I've been two years soda free :)
>>
>>36602810

That, and the insane damage it causes to your teeth.
>>
>>36603252
I drink so much tea, it is ridiculous. It helped me with my coffee problem (coffee makes my muscles tense at night, its fucking weird).

Drinking tea is an experience. It is one of those rare things you can enjoy any time of the day that is not shit for your body. It relaxes you. You can experiment with it and easily make your own.

Drink it without sugar. And don't forget to brush your teeth if you're drinking bpack/green tea.
>>
>>36602781
I never made it a habit to drink the stuff, habits are hard to break
>>
I drink a gallon of water everyday instead. Haven't drank soda daily since I was a kid. Its something I never enjoyed enough to care about not drinking it.
>>
>>36602781
I had a coca-cola addiction. Legit drank 2L+ of the stuff PER DAY. Barely ate so didnt rly get too fat.
My transition was:
Soda -> Diet Soda -> Nestea/other shit -> Flavored Water -> Homemade tea w/o sugar.

I barely drink water and function on daily dose of a gazillion cups of earl grey tea. Fuck caffeine, man.

Just don't look back with every step you take, and even if you do slip up, learn to accept it as a mistake which will never happen again anytime soon.
>>
>>36602811
Sparky mineral water is gay
>>
>>36603029
Enjoy your diabetes. Maybe your mom can donate you a kidney
>>
>>36602781
I simply hated carbonation. I could never drink coca cola, orange crush or anything that gave that weird fizzy sensation. It also used to make me incredibly sick after drinking.

I stuck to drinking the occasional nestle iced tea and glass of orange juice.

But now I mostly drink water and milk.
>>
>>36607465
>Afghanistan
>in South America
Are you literally fucking retarded? How did nobody else see this?

American education at its finest, folks. I mean, seriously this is pathetic. Oh my God, kill yourself right now. Holy shit.
>>
>>36602781
stopped buying it
>>
The only time avoiding soda is difficult for me is if I'm eating/ordering out.

It just goes so good with greasy, salty food. So the solution there is to eat/order out less
>>
File: EasterPupper.jpg (63 KB, 485x484) Image search: [Google]
EasterPupper.jpg
63 KB, 485x484
By not drinking it anymore. Understand how that works?
>>
>quitting soda
>being addicted in the first place

i have some pepsi next here and there

no diet sodas ever

asparmtame fucks me up
>>
>>36602854
>2L of coke a day
>>
>>36610547
>>36610547
>Ah but that was too hard boo hoo
>>
File: Fat guy bending.gif (3 MB, 343x400) Image search: [Google]
Fat guy bending.gif
3 MB, 343x400
I have a whole story about this.

>Be fat (obviously)
>Eat fast food every day
>Always get a large coke with the meal
>Eventually start feeling the soda is watered down
>Get mad and stop ordering soda with the meal, instead buy cans from the store
>A bit cheaper, makes me happier
>But soda from the store gets dull and boring after a while
>Don't feel like driving to the store and getting soda
>Stop buying it

I'm still unhealthy and eat fast food every day, but I haven't drank soda for a month. Also that combined with my slow diet have meant I've lost about 25 pounds total. So I have to be doing something right.
>>
>>36610612
>tfw was fat
>walk an hour to work and back every day
>eat fast food every day
>lose shit load of weight anyway
>>
>>36602781
I realized that replacing every drink with pure water means I could eat more, plus water is really, really cheap while everything else is somewhat expensive.
>>
I stopped drinking it.
>>
>>36610488
>>36610498
Pretty much these.
I'll have the occasional Coke if I'm eating out somewhere with the senpai (like, once a month), but mostly I just realized that I don't actually LIKE soft drinks that much, so I stopped buying them and wasn't bothered one bit.
>>
File: download.jpg (11 KB, 301x168) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
11 KB, 301x168
With these bad boys
>>
I'm still giving it up, admittedly, but it's gotten a lot easier. I started limiting it to a certain number of cans a day, then reducing that to only having 1 with each non-morning meal. I still get the cravings like a motherfucker, and I'll indulge with a glass then, but otherwise it's gotten to the point where habitually drinking it is not as enjoyable and sometimes even sickening.

Also, if you drank the kind with caffeine in it, make sure you at least supplement with some caffeine pills (don't take the full thing, but break it up into quarters or eighths, if you can). The caffeine withdrawals will knock you on your ass and will cause you to be more likely to screw up, so be prepared
>>
>>36610874
dat headaches

just drink some black coffee
>>
I've mostly stopped drinking sodas but whenever my friend goes somewhere he always brings back some local sodas and snacks from wherever he has been so I have some with him.
>>
>>36610902
I can't stand coffee personally, plus my shits are already fine and plentiful. But by all means, if that's the preference
>>
>>36610921
>tfw finding pineapple soda
>>
>>36602888
but I don't know the feeling of sex
>>
>>36602781
>Be 13, fat.
>Eat 6 slices non stop of little cancers pizza.
>Havent drank anything so I ask whats available
>Cold water or warm rootbeer
>Chug a glass of warm rootbeer.
>15mins later stomach is asking why i did this.
>Go outside felling nauseous and literally yak a projectile of pizza and rootbeer on the ground.
As im puking Im literally saying to myself "pls god im sorry ill never drink soda again"
22 now and I feel great just drinking water and oj.
>>
>>36602888
>drink soda
>crave chips
>eat chips
>crave more soda
>>
>>36602781
Became a man and started drinking black coffee
>>
>>36602781
I didn't. Only fucktards deny themselves things they like. You can be healthy and look good and still drink soda you mongrel. We could be nuked tomorrow and all killed, and all that soda you didn't drink would count for dick all
>>
>>36602781
I've never liked it.

I drink 3 bottles of carbonated water a day though.
>>
>>36602781
Met my grandmother in law. Land whale that can't touch her feet and a lazy eye. Watched her keep her gallon sized mug full of cherry Pepsi by cracking 12 oz can after can after can
>>
>>36611050

come back when you drink water, beta
>>
>>36602781
switched to vodka when I grew up
>>
Why do people feel the need to drink anything but water, coffee and the occasional liquor?

I've never understood this.
>>
>>36611194
because people like different things
>>
topochico helped me get rid of a soda addiction. It tastes like sprite to me
>>
>>36611197
So you're a slave to your compulsions?
>>
>>36602781
my parents were not retards and didnt raise us on soda. So i never drank it, i love when i see a gelatinous person who drinks nothing but huge bottle of cola and complains about being a fat fuck.
>>
>>36602868
This
>>
>>36611210
>parents didn't allow me to drink soda at all until I was like 12
>didn't let me watch TV with commercials on it until I was 10

Hated them at the time for it but now I understand completely and would do the same. I'm entirely immune to advertising. It's so weird watching people that easily succumb to advertising
>>
>>36611208
moderation breh
>>
>>36611256
you'd be better off smoking crack in moderation
>>
>>36611265
seriously?

oh yea its april fools

good prank bro
>>
I must have had 5 sodas in my life, I never liked it.
>>
File: Black-Coffee.jpg (9 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Black-Coffee.jpg
9 KB, 300x300
>>36608610
Because they're pussies.

As a REAL MAN, I drink a strong cup of black coffee every morning. No sir, I don't mind the bitterness, I don't mind the acridity. I mind having my balls in my possession, not being some sissy little fairy boy cuckold faggot priss who needs his le two tablespoons of sugar and milky.
>>
>>36611335
Im a fag and I drink black coffee daily, I'm pretty dominant though.
>>
>>36611335
i hate people like this

you are like fucking vegans

>how can you tell someone drinks black coffee
>you dont they will tell you
>>
>>36602781
Ice cold black tea with a good squeeze of lemon.
Best alcohol-free beverage ever. Tastes great without sugar.
>>
>>36611413
>a bloo bloo im a wimp who cant handle bitter things

chastity cage on too tight cuck?
>>
>>36611425
>liking bitter maks you a bigger man

GTFO
>>
>use a small bit of creme to take edge off coffee
>you are less of a man
>>
>>36611449
>im a little sissy faggot who needs his sweet-tooth satisfied tee hee hee time to sit down and pee

You GTFO, hell I'll even hold the door open for you, Sally.
>>
I said "you know, I don't really like soda". So I stopped drinking it.
>>
>>36602854
Mirin bulk
>>
Would fuck myself drinking 1lt Dr Pepper with a medium size pizza all myself.

Start looking photos of myself and look in the mirror, "what the fuck am I doing with my life?"

Buy a scale, fuck I hit 120kilos.

Start exercising 3 days a week for 30 minutes, still gaining weight, still eating like shit, but atleast I'm not getting that much fatter.

Meet this girl, fell for her, get really motivated and cutted everything, motivation made me cut soda, started reading the labels, fuck soda is fucking poision, half a adult sugar intake in a 500ml bottle.

Drink small glass of juice, and if I drink soda I try to drink after I eat, so only have a sip and not drink a glass.

I have lost 30lb in 8 weeks and going.
>>
>>36611528
>buy a scale
>tfw took me forever to buy one after i noticed i had to breathe hard tying my shoes
>>
>>36602799
/thread
>>
>>36602781
>be me
>be 6
>drink soda for first time
>hate it
>stop
and that is how i quit
>>
>>36610412
>reading comprehension
Nowhere in his post did he imply Afghanistan is located in South America.
>>
>start reading labels
>ketchup has a shit load of sugar in it
>>
>>36611576
/ck/ would have you drawn and quartered for even mentioning ketchup in their presence. And it's not that I'm influenced by them, but I personally found ketchup to taste too overwhelming and be pungent. I can't think of a way to incorporate ketchup into anything I cook without it compromising the overall flavor somewhat. Do you use ketchup often? What do you usually use it for?
>>
>>36602781
I realized caffeine is a drug and since then have had like 2 caffinated soda beverages ever (can't quit tea though, shit is too good, fuck milk and fuck sugar though... hell fuck the cup, just put the tea sachet onto my tongue and pour molten lava on it.) Non-caffine soda is actually really easy to not drink
>>
>>36611611
i rarely use ketchup
and when i do its no sugar added

every once in a while i get a craving for some chicken strips and potato wedges but that is like once every 6 months

used to use ketchup on kraft dinner but that was like 10 years ago
>>
just stop drinking it cunt
>>
File: IALC2015_0005.jpg (2 MB, 2000x768) Image search: [Google]
IALC2015_0005.jpg
2 MB, 2000x768
>>36602781
what health or fitness benefits do you think quitting soda has?
just fucking count your macros guys, please guys.
This board is forever cursed by the fact that, once a person gains a decent amount of fitness/nutrition knowledge, they realize /fit/ is utterly rife with broscience and shortly thereafter leave

from http://examine.com/faq/is-diet-soda-bad-for-you/:
>There is currently no good evidence that diet soda is bad for you (i.e. causes weight gain or health complications). Even the topic of diet soda causing food overconsumption is mixed literature. [and this issue doesn't arise if you track your food intake] The worst side-effect of diet soda is potentially poor dental health. [conferred by its acidity]
Do artificial sweeteners spike insulin?
http://examine.com/faq/do-artificial-sweeteners-spike-insulin/
>No
guys just go through the examine faq, calculate your macros on http://www.iifym.com/iifym-calculator/, download myfitnesspal, mymacros+ or joy (joyapp.com), and please stop getting nutrition info from /fit/--when people make claims about nutrition, keep in mind that these claims are testable and ask them to cite sources testing and affirming their claims.
Many people who are smarter and more educated than you or I will ever be dedicate their lives to finding out what works in fitness and nutrition; so listen to them.
Achieving your goals requires some basic level of discipline, sure, but once you have this 'fuctional human being'-tier discipline, what matters is how smart you are, how well-informed you are, and crucially, that you're willing to think as hard as you're willing to work.
>>
>>36602781
Drink diet soda, and stop having to worry about sugar and weight gain from a beverage.

Why stop drinking soda?
There isn't really a reason to, unless you're worried about money.
>>
>>36602781
I didn't, I just limited it to one can a month.
>>
>>36611703
There's a pretty big unseen benefit to quitting soda, diet or not, in that changing to a healthier variant of soda doesn't necessarily promote clean eating habits. You would continue to crave the taste of carbonated beverages over water, and that might make you more susceptible to compulsions in which you might be more willing to partake in regular soda, once again, over water, if offered.

You also can't forget about the extra money that goes into purchasing soft drinks on a regular basis. Sure, it's ultimately pinching pennies; but frugality is never bad, especially if you're killing two birds with one stone by also acclimating yourself to a cleaner diet.
>>
Pretty easy once you realize there is no benefit to it aside from it tasting good
>>
>>36602888
this anon gets it
when i started working in construction literally only water could quench my thirst after a long strenuous shift.
started that like 5 years ago and have had maybe 4-5 sodas a year since then
>>
>>36602781
I prefer water
>>
>>36602888
But an icy cold cup of soda feels even better anon
>>
Whenever I craved soda, I'd down a crap load of water, then take a swig of soda. That way I'm actually quenching myself and because I'm not actually thirsty anymore I don't feel like drinking so much soda (but I still get the pleasure of drinking it)
>>
>>36602781
When I was 16 I was drinking soda while playing runescape when I felt a twinge in my chest/neck, got tunnel vision, felt like I was having a fucking heart attack. I knew it wasn't, I was decently fit then, and I know it was unrelated to the soda, but it scared me anyways, so I never drank soda and cut sugars and that shit never happened again.

And when you're on gomad, you can't really be drinking anything else but water and milk anyways.
>>
>>36602781
never fell for such a disgusting thing.
>>
>>36612798
you don't know true pleasure mate.
>>
>>36612905
If I wanted to quaff a cold bottle of liquid empty calories, I'd go with some nice IPA.
>>
File: 1438734942676.jpg (426 KB, 1024x687) Image search: [Google]
1438734942676.jpg
426 KB, 1024x687
>>36602781
I sadly still drink diet Dr. Pepper still. Although I mostly drink water, matcha, and protein; but given the chance I go diet Dr. Pepper
>>
>>36611938
Diets are not more or less clean. There are micronutrients and macronutrients. The addition of a food or drink with no macronutrients and little to no micronutrients makes does not affect a diet. Don't be an essentialist about foods--foods don't have souls.
Flexibility is essential to diet adherence.
If the argument for quitting soda has been reduced to considerations of cost, /fit/ might legitimately host analogous threads about quitting tea, coffee, paper towels or seltzer water.
Thanks for listening.
>>
>>36602781

I didn't, but I have drastically reduced from 2 liters every other day to a 355ml can every 5 months. Water and sparkling water has replaced it.
>>
>>36602781
I stopped buying it
>>
WATER IS FOR FISH YOU FUCKS

>COLA ZERO
I might kill myself slowly but happy
>>
Drinking water out of a wine bottle is great. Stick it in the freezer for 20 minutes for best taste.
>>
>>36602793
Like carbonated water?
>>
>>36610412
You're the only one that saw it because you're the one that's "literally fucking retarded". " Kill yourself" please.
>>
>>36611335
Fedora lord right here
>>
comment
>>
>>36610273
you're gay
>>
>>36602781
San Peligrino with a squeeze of lime or lemon is how I kicked it. now I just drink regular water because that was so expensive. fuck soda and diet soda, I can't belive I ever drank that shit now.
>>
I stopped drinking it.
Jokes aside:
- When you feel thirsty, drink water.
- Got a sweet tooth? Mix some ice, splash of water and BCAA = bam you got a slushie.
- I chewed gum all the time to ruin the taste of everything.
- I started seing results fast quiting sugar overall.
>>
File: tips.jpg (205 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
tips.jpg
205 KB, 1920x1080
>>36611335
shitty fedora bait. fuck off faggot.
>>
>tfw parents didn't allow me to drink soda when I was a kid
>b/c of this the first time I drank coke was when I was like 10 or so
>didn't like the taste of carbonated drinks
>actually drank a shitton of milk

When I learned of gomad I realised that's basically what I had been doing the first 12 years of my life. I used to hate my parents for being strict.
>thank you based non-soda parents
>>
>>36602851
Why should you invest 35 bucks on a water bottle if a reused plastic bottle will suffice? Fucking Americans and their capitalism.
>>
>>36611335
>sissy little fairy boy cuckold faggot priss
I've mostly noticed that people that string together as many naughty words as they can are either 13, or are half-way directing these words inward because they have serious self-hatred problems.

It's okay to like milk and sugar in your coffee anon. It's okay to be gay. There might be parts that are painful, you might lose the comfort of friends and family you'd thought would be loyal. But that pain is worth it because at the end you can live a happier life, whether that involves blowing sailors by the wharf or drinking coffee with milk and sugar.

If you're just thirteen, you know it's not okay to be on 4chan, right? Not even with your parent's permission on a blue board. It's an 18 and above only site.
>>
>>36602781
Only soda I've had this year is soda water, maybe with some lemon juice squeezed in it. Shit loads more refreshing during Australian summers than coke or anything else. Not even missing it.
>>
>>36602781
I stopped drinking it.
>>
I just started eating well (cooking for myself, eating whole foods; generally eating cleanly).
I found it came pretty naturally once the taste for sugar was wiped from my tastebuds as a result of this change in diet.

I was never a huge soda drinker to begin with (had a 4 cans of Red Bull 'addiction' for about 9 months a couple of years ago/pretty much only had soda with fast food), so I can't really comment about if it would or wouldn't work for you.
>>
>>36615955
>It's okay to be gay.

But is it hip to be square?
>>
File: 43546435665467565765.png (180 KB, 929x1895) Image search: [Google]
43546435665467565765.png
180 KB, 929x1895
I just fucking stopped.

Pic related is my Amazon order history, replaced it with water, no coffee, no diet soda, Just water.
>>
I never drank it in the first place.

Can't stand carbonated drinks.
>>
>>36611335
black coffee gives me the shits, so I put milk in it idgaf
>>
>>36611487
>sitting down to pee is bad
Dude it's the best way to pee. Only thing standing gets you is in and out faster cause you don't have to sit. Still only saves a few seconds at most though.

You get a builtin sitting break, can poo if you suddenly feel like it too. You get your own private stall. So much nicer than standing in front of a urinal with piss puddles on the floor cause your fellows don't stand close enough.

This idea that sitting to pee is bad is so stupid. It's objectively best.
>>
>>36616792
and it no longer makes you poop? You're still drinking the coffee aren't you? Any coffee makes me poop.
>>
>>36616910
It makes me poop, but black coffee gives me the gut-wrenching shits.
>>
>>36616897
I pee at urinals in public bathrooms, but I sit down at home. Peeing standing up at a toilet is weird.
>>
>>36616680
who the fuck orders energy drinks or food in general on amazon
>>
>>36616981
neets
>>
>>36602793
Not gonna make it
>>
>>36603850
No fucking way, a consumable product sold for currency was designed to maximize profits?! Thats a wild fucking theory there m8, you better have some facts to back it up and more than just the typical "coca cola used to contain cocaine and its in face why the name contains the word coca" bullshit. What youre suggesting is just fucking crazy.
>>
>>36603922
m8, 2000 kcal coffes are commonplace shit now days.
>>
>>36602835
U mad dessu
>>
>>36607106
Go google a bit before spouting a bunch of retarded nonsense which contradicts some commonly known facts.
>>
>>36616992
this is so sad
I didn't know people like this actually existed
>>
>>36607398
Youre so fucking stupid that its actually frustrating. Its 2016, you can find all the facts you might ever need online, you can even find a tutorial how to tell bullshit from facts online and yet here you are posting absolute fucking nonsense. I just cant believe it. Sometimes I try and forget that vast majority of this world is as fucking stupid as you, hell worse even. But than someone like you comes along and pops my fucking happy bubble. Google the shit you speak about as though you were an expert and than go kill yourself knowing how fucking stupid you really are. Make the world a better place, change starts with a unit not a group, you can make it happen. Google how to knot a noose first though.
>>
>>36617168
I'm not him, but I had bitten my fingernails for over 20 years, then stopped one day.

I used to eat 6 nutella sandwiches a day, for over 15 years but then I just stopped one day when I started cutting after lifting for a while.

I don't even eat any sweets or chocolate at all anymore, because I just decided to stop.
My father smoked foor over 40 years, then decided to stop, and hasn't smoked since.

The only people who can't just stop, are those who are too weak willed to push past their short term desires.
>>
File: 1418807490056.gif (2 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1418807490056.gif
2 MB, 200x200
>>36610962
>>
>>36611050
Do you go by Chris now?
>>
I never started because I have decent parents.
>>
>>36602781
just switched to water altogether, no beer or soda or tea of anything but water. I realize now that maybe sugar addiction is a real thing, because quitting that stuff was tougher than quitting alcohol.
>>
The nasty gritty feel on your teeth after drinking (most) sodas.
>>
>>36602781
Hm, in my country we do not drink soda that much. Drinking soda or energy drinks is only thing I heard from US folks.
>>
>>36602781
My parents were pretty strict on how much soda I drank growing up, and now I only drink it once a week(Mexicoke) so it's not that big of a deal.

Just realize that you're basically drinking a candy bar and it puts everything into a proper perspective.

but like others said, baby steps. Don't cut it cold turkey unless you think you've got the willpower to do so.
>>
>>36602781
never drank sugar water in thefirst place
>>
>>36602781
By not drinking it anymore.
>>
>>36602781
I never liked it
>>
>>36610612

Fast food every day? Jesus christ how horrifying.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.