[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
fit in china
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 12
File: qrw.jpg (3 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
qrw.jpg
3 MB, 4128x2322
Expat living in china here.

Looking to lose weight, but finding it hard. Any tips for china people? Can't exercise outside cause of pollution, healthy food is hard to find etc.

Any other /china/ fit bros here?
>>
can you find an indoor gym?
>>
>>36602176
Yeah they are here but man are they expensive ... like $60-100 USD per month, which is nuts on china salary.

I'm considering joining one, but people stare at me enough.
>>
>>36602153
Just do what chinks do
>>
>>36602187
Chinks barely eat, and when they do they eat a whole days worth of calories.

I can't. I have an eating disorder and it's hard enough not to eat all day every day.
>>
I joined a cheap ass china gym when I lived in Guangzhou. Best gym I've ever been to - dark, dirty, dank as fuck gym with just free weights and other basic machines. The chinese dudes were kinda bros too although it definitely had your run of the mill lanklets and fucktards.
>>
>>36602185
Why did you move to China to be poor?
>>
>>36602204
I enjoy adventure over wealth.

>>36602202
That sounds nice, might get into something like that. Most of the gyms here are ran into the ground because chinese don't take care of their shit or maintain anything.
>>
File: visibleconfusion.jpg (149 KB, 800x927) Image search: [Google]
visibleconfusion.jpg
149 KB, 800x927
>>36602214
>I enjoy adventure over wealth
>proceeds to complain about substandard living conditions
are you retarded or something?
>>
>>36602185
There are cheap gyms where you can pay like 20-30$ a month if you look hard enough get a chinese gf to help you out

Walmart sells cheap as fuck chicken breast fish and pork forget about beef anon that shit too expensive there

Peanuts and eggs are also cheap

Xinjiang Aka chinese muslim resturants are the best place to eat clean on the cheap or steamed food places

Lived in Shenzhen Beijing and taiyuan ask me anything
>>
>>36602185
I visited china a week ago and the amount of people wanting to take a picture with me was hilarious. I think for a lot of them it was the first time they had seen a white man, especially one with a beard.
>>
How are the women? Is it easy to get a qt
>>
>>36602249
Not op but yes if you are fit pretty easy
>>
>>36602153
Also what city are you in op?
>>
File: liaohuicycle.jpg (185 KB, 1080x1350) Image search: [Google]
liaohuicycle.jpg
185 KB, 1080x1350
>>36602153
find this man and ask him to train you
>>
>>36602226
Just western born and raised.
>>
>>36602243
Avoid yoghurt there are no non-sweetened brands.
Also avoid milk because I suspect it's made from milk powder since the macros are all fucked up, eg 10 grams of carbs per 100 mL which is impossible for natural milk.
>>
>>36602277
I'm in Wuhan.

>>36602243
Good info, thanks. Asking coworkers for closest walmart.

Any good low carb ideas? Everything has rice/noodles so far.
>>
>>36602303
Another thing op is too keep a look out in the clearance sections of the meat department and produce in the grocery stores and fruit stands

Cooking for yourself is a lot cheaper

Try to buy things from the cellphone apps than paying cash is going out its a lot cheaper as well

Rice is hella cheap there
>>
move to west china, its not as polluted there
>>
>>36602322
Just avoid the rice and noodles. Low carb is almost taboo in China.
>>
>>36602322
Damn only spent a few days in hubei province

Low carb just chicken and veggies if you doing it yourself
or those cheap lamb skewers from the xinjiang people from their stands
Or the steam egg omelets with extra pork i forgot what they are called but they are tasty old lady sold them near my apt bulding in sz

Tofu is cheap and plentiful and can be made in somedelicous forms

Oh yeah go late at night to walmart about 1 or 2 hrs before they close they put their deli food on clearance cheap roasted duck and chicken fuck yeah i had a walmart about 7mins walk from my apt shit was cash
>>
>>36602344
This anon is right its a pain in the ass you can get an all meat hot pot as well or go to a Korean bbq joint with all you can eat an stack meat son
>>
lots of public areas (park things) to do bodyweight, so you should be able to get dips, pull ups, chin ups, push ups

I think the diet is hard in China, given that cheap food is essentially carbs and fat everywhere. If money is less of a concern, I'd say you double down on the veggies like amaranth or chinese spinach and try to cut carbs out of two of your meals lest you want insulin pouring out of your eyes (let it be breakfast with carbs, it's so fucking good).
>>
They dont have chicken breast in china?
>>
>>36602481
They do like i wrote above grocery stores and walmart sell them dirt cheap
>>
File: 81random.jpg (3 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
81random.jpg
3 KB, 225x225
Mainlanders when will they learn? Greetings from Taiwan: 50NT ( $1.50USD) gets you an hour at a government run gym. With your basic equipment: a ton of machines, and cardio. Asians love the machines... on free weight and machines you got a ton of DYELs who dont know wtf they are doing. I found a gym for about $40USD a month thats legit for SL5x5 and kettlebells. On the cheap I would go hiking up mountains.. its what we do in Taiwan. The public gyms are decent.

The milk is imported from NZ or Aussie. I cook at home, using a slowcooker for meals - the chicken and pork are decent and not crammed full of roids like in USA. But the portions are small. You can get eggs from local markets pretty cheap for extra brotein. Not a fan of rice.
>>
File: 27forum.png (35 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
27forum.png
35 KB, 700x700
Walmart doesnt exist in China... or atleast not in Taiwan. We got Costco.. but I'd be fucking crazy to ever walk in there again. These lazy fucks stampede that place on the weekends just watch and observe what people are buying - especially if you are a foreigner. They are all their for the free handouts.. and will stand in a line 600 people deep for a toothpick of a piece of cheese. Not to mention there is not that much of a savings but you can buy protein powder there.. for $60 USD a tub. fuuuuuuuu that.
>>
File: fan-bingbing[1].jpg (117 KB, 1200x627) Image search: [Google]
fan-bingbing[1].jpg
117 KB, 1200x627
>>36602249
>Is it easy to get a qt

depends on your standards, most white guys online say that they are able to pull the sexiest asians when they're in their countries but in reality they don't, a 4-5/10 asian girl is a 10/10 to your average white expat

white guys in asian countries usually pull 4-5s pretty easily, handsome white guys can pull 6-7s, but 8-10s(Fan Bingbing for example) usually only go for other asians
>>
>>36602243
My gf is living in Shenzhen, gonna visit for a month this summer. Do you have any recommendations of stuff to do or visit while I'm there ? I will also have access to some cheap gym my gf found for me, but if you happen to know any free weights gym or rather how to find one specifically cause sz is so big.
>>
>>36602249
If you got no skills at home in your own country - dont expect a miracle overseas.
>>
Why have so many of you visited China?

My mom's side is from there and I wanted to visit as a kid but as I got older I realized I have no desire to. It seems really crowded, polluted, and full of rude people. I'm really glad my family got out of there before the communists took over. I go to Chinatown in SF a few hours a year and that's enough for me.
>>
>>36602562
taiwan seems like a really hetktik place, i want to visit it someday
>>
>>36602602
Plenty of walmarts in china.

Anyway op you should easily find a cheap gym. If not go on wechat ans ask a random chinese person.

You find eggs and chicken everywhere. There are a lot of places from street kitchens to fancy places that sell lean chicken.
>>
>>36602684
How about you visit and see for yourself. The world is more than just big walmarts and junk food places
>>
>>36602562
No one cares Taiwan

>>36602602
In mainland China it does retard

>>36602666
Bao an stadium has a cheap good gym nearby its near the exhibition center follow one of the niggas in a red shirt when you get off the metro walmart is there too

Dongmen is neat for food and cheap shit

Happy valley is alright

Shekou is nice at night but pricy

>>36602684
>>36602668
Actually pulled a mimiracle
Got a hot qt rich gf as a penpal went to live with her

Got dumped later on

Joined military sent to japan date japs koreans and chinese
Met another as a penpal date and visit each other get married
Spent lots of time in China ater service lived there for a while as an office drone
>>
are you drinking tea, anon? Take your meals with a stew or broth.
>>
>>36602691
Do it soon faget. There is no greater feeling of cumming deep inside a tight Taiwanese pussy. Grils love you if you're white.
Fuck i want to go back already.
>>
>>36602733
Not exhibition centre metro stop but boa an stadium metro stop

Youll see a exhibit area when you get out but like i said talk to the niggas in the red shirts not the yellow shirts they also give you a tour of the gym
>>
>>36602755
Taiwan a shit
>>
>>36602732
I'd rather visit Japan or Thailand first. China seems depressing and I'm afraid I'll end up hating my roots. What's worth visiting if you have a week or so?

And I can cook pretty damn good Chinese food and have relatives that lived there, most of em hate the place though.
>>
>>36602777
Its not bad tbqh man it's actually developing fast and new shit is everywhere saw lots of changes in 5-6 years

>>36602666
Also OCT is interesting but full of chinese hipsters and wanna be artists
>>
>>36602153
Yo bruh,

I made some decent gains while living in China for a few months. All I had was a door gym and a jump rope, but chicken breast and brocolli were cheap and plentiful
>>
>>36602666
You also take the metro to the HK border take the land bridge and visit hongkong

Its pricy there though but you can good protein there

I didnt really like the city though
>>
>>36602762
Shut mouth fag chinese
>>
>>36602838
Not chinese but i swear Taiwanese and taiwan boos are the most annoying niggers ever

KMT lost deal with it and your new pm is pretty China friendly from what i have heard
>>
File: 1459056570819.jpg (66 KB, 650x600) Image search: [Google]
1459056570819.jpg
66 KB, 650x600
>>36602153

You're retarded. $100 is for fucking foreigners who can't speak two licks of chink. I'd tell you to get a local to help, but if you thought this price was in any way reasonable at first, you're hopeless.

also, there is ton of healthy food, teas, etc. seriously are you autistic?

>source: live in shanghai
>tons of nice gyms where you can negotiate the price to 1/4-1/2 of that
>>
File: 1459494955593.jpg (766 KB, 1108x1478) Image search: [Google]
1459494955593.jpg
766 KB, 1108x1478
>>36602153
Come fly over to Japan man.

Eating fresh veg and fresh fish daily. Air is clean, women are cute and its Sakura time
>>
>>36602876
This tbqh op

Also anon how can you stand shanghai people?
>>
>>36602877
I miss japan especially osaka and okinawa:/
>>
File: 0cb0fa8cf0a540a0f11f36d6.jpg (220 KB, 856x1280) Image search: [Google]
0cb0fa8cf0a540a0f11f36d6.jpg
220 KB, 856x1280
>>36602876
>>36602889

oh, also, I'm white, for the record.

as for the people, not a big deal. just be forward with knowing that materalism is king. if you learn some shangnainese as well, don't let certain things get to you, etc., integration isn't bad at all, and shanghai people are actually awesome.

if you've been to burgerguo, they're just like new yorkers, which is fine by me.
>>
>>36602902
Yeah Osaka is great. It's where I live. Really friendly people, great food
>>
>>36602927
Miss the god tier food mang
And the people there are cool as fuck and more laid back than Tokyo
Miss getting shit faced in osaka

>>36602925
To each their own i guess the females from there are too nuts for me
>>
I lived in China for 6 months and managed to keep fit, without a gym.

I did two workouts a week, that consisted entirely of just doing 560 pushups within an hour period. That had keeping a nice physique and maintaining strength.
>>
>>36602972
>6Months
>No gym

Wtf nigga why ?how??
>>
File: bikini021.jpg (117 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
bikini021.jpg
117 KB, 900x600
>>36602960

Def had my share of crazies ! but had that basically anywhere. also some real sweeties. just might not want to date the chicks who wear high heels on the treadmill.

I will say this, though -- people here are some of the best friends you will find, once you get past the initial exterior.
>>
>>36603008
Dunno mang never had any good experiences there even when trying. Any way im happy with my wife and have no plans of going there again but know some how i will end up back there like always for strange reasons
>>
>>36603020

hells yea, dude! sorry things were shit here -- I have some bad opinions of places other people enjoy, as well :| whatever makes you happy -- waifu and lifts sounds good to me :) maybe your next time here things will be different
>>
>>36603042
Thanks bro have fun i will say this though the bars are really good in shaghai and the food is prettt good too
>>
Spent 3 months in Beijing last year. Lost some gains, but mostly because i had 2 weeks without a gym in the beginning and when i returned. Once I was settled in maintenance was alright.
I had a free gym membership, because I had a project at a foreign company. Counting macros is insanely hard if you don't cook for yourself, which is rather inconvenient in China. Going out to eat is a social event you shouldn't miss out on just to remain a tiny bit more ripped.
If you can add one clean meal a day with chicken to score your protein you should be alright if you arent staying for too long.
Also Muesli for breakfast is manageable there: about 50 RMB for a kg at an import store, 20 rmb or something for a litre of imported milk. Not as cheap as at home but not awful for a carb load in the morning.
Oh, and LOADS of fruits. Especially dragon fruit and melons. My go-to snack at home was about half a kilogram of that stuff, dirt cheap.
>>
>>36603196
Why would you eat overpriced cereal when you could eat rice and meat for breakfast like the Chinese do
>>
>>36602153
Serious question: what made you want to live in China? The pollution on its own would be a 'no' from me. Why not Taiwan or Hong Kong?
>>
>>36603481
I'm lazy in the morning plus it's a habit of mine.
>>
File: gym2.jpg (529 KB, 3000x2009) Image search: [Google]
gym2.jpg
529 KB, 3000x2009
>>36603196
Carre Four has muesli for half the price of what they sell it for at April Gourmet or Jenny Lou. You could always keep an eye on the discount bin at the import stores but it's hit or miss.

Beijing /fag/ here.

I'm currently paying ~$450 usd for a gym close to Guomao. I find it a pretty good value since it has everything a really need to get my workout in.

>45m pool
>squat rack+oly bars
>full set of ivanko plates including fractional plates
>boxing bag that isn't attached to some modular piece of shit machine.
>jacobs ladder

The gym is clean but somewhat dated but who the fuck cares since it's literally 10 minutes from my place.

The people there fucking suck during the weekend and evening since they never put away their weights. People who do that are fucking niggers with yellow skin as far as I'm concerned. I'm lucky that I have a schedule that allows me to go in after lunch hours.

Oddest things I've seen so far.

>old chubby Chinese grandpa squatting with full ROM 3 plate. I love the guy since he cleans up after himself by wiping everything down after he's done.
> Dumb vapid Chinese girl literally stretching in front of the dumbbell rack so no one can get to them unless they step over her. Fucking stretching for 3 seconds then taking 3 minutes to make the perfect face for her wechat selfie.

It doesn't matter if you go to one of the nicer gyms like Alexanders or California Fitness. My previous job paid for my gym membership so I signed up at the California Fitness on Guanghua lu and it's the same kind of bullshit.

>People clipping their nails in the stretching area.
>No one puts away their plates.
>Buggers smeared on equipment for the Janitor to chip off.

Fucking China, man.
>>
>>36602185
What are you doing in china
>>
>>36602153
IF you can jump around at home HIIT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZnsLVArIt8
also body weight and resitance bands for strength
>>
>>36603705
April gourmet was the closest one for me, didn't wanna spend hours looking for a few RMB less per meal. At least they often had good prices on milk.

Oh, the plate and dumbbell hunting... i remember. Could take minutes to find matching dumbells.
Also people apparently dont mind working out in their button down shirts.

Lived between Shuangjing and Pinguo mah nigger :)
>>
>>36603798

I wonder if we ever crossed paths. Did you ever hang out at the Brick or Grinders?
>>
>>36603890
I'm pretty sure I crossed a grinders a couple of times next to lily's american diner in the shuangjing area, is that the one you mean?
>>
File: 4.jpg (3 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
3 MB, 4128x2322
>>36603747
>>36603547

I am a 25 year old male, and I am teaching English to children age 3-18.

To the people asking why i didnt go to hong kong or taiwan...well mostly cause im not a pussy. I came here for adventure. Why would I want to go to places that everyone speaks english and life would only slightly be different? I might as well have stayed home.

Sure, a lot of things are shitty in China, but for a foreigner living here, things are great. Everything is cheap, the food is delicious, the women are plentiful, and everyone treats me like a king. I like the struggle - makes life worth living.

To everyone else who has given good advice - thank you. It's all been really helpful. I'll be around for an hour to answer any questions people have about living in china - if you want to get /fit/ here, I'm still figuring that one out.
>>
if you could survive on 10 total ingredients for cutting, what would they be?
>>
>>36604992
Do people need any kind of qualifications to do what you are doing? 22 year old Canadian here, I work a desk job 40 hours a week and do nothing else but lift play video games and fap.
>>
>>36605427
>veg
>fruit
>quark
only need three, senpai
>>
>>36602153
Why do Amerishits call themselves "expats"? You're a dirty migrant, accept it
>>
>>36605551
Because the center of their universe is still their own shite country. Everything else is just non-US.
>>
>>36605427
Chicken
Sweet potatoes
Broccoli
Whey
Fatty fish like salmon
Greek yogurt/cottage cheese/quark
Almonds
Banana
Lean beef
Lentils I guess
>>
>>36605602
Good idea

>>36605546
Adding fishies to the list
>>
>>36605586
Where else would the center of the universe be for someone besides where they live? If you're trying to talk down to americans you're not doing it right at all. The only thing your doing is managing to look like a buttmad beta europoor.
>>
>>36605734
>besides where they live
>expats
Are you retarded
>>
>>36602153
One sentence, two advice; Stop being a poor english teacher fagloser and buy a gym card.
>>
I've been to China twice in the last year so yeah I get that the pollution is bad but wear a mask while you go out to the gym and eat more fruits and vegetables instead of a lot of salty foods (which is in the majority of foods there).
Also they seem to walk a lot since transportation is relatively easy so already healthier than NA
>>
>>36602153
Carrories in < carrories out
>>
>>36602153
quit stuffing your face you fat fuck
What the fuck does china have do with putting down a fork and not eating shit?
>>
>>36602214
wtf are you doing in china if you want "adventure"?
Why would a fat white guy go to a shithole full of gooks?
Go to a place of the world removed from modern commercial society
>>
In my experience of spending 2-3 months in each
>Top tier
Rural China, Urban Korea
>Mid tier
Japan, rural Korea
>Low tier
Urban China

I have yet to explore the rest of Asia, but I will eventually, probably after moving to Korea.
>>
>>36604992
>the struggle

lmao.
you don't know shit, expat spends a few months in chink town and thinks he's reached any perspective. spend time living in some real shitholes like the balkans
>>
Hey I lived in Beijing for 5 years, I can help out!

First off, do your own cooking, and if you aren't gonna do cooking, get used to eating baozi/jiaozi, those don't have too much oil and have a lot of protein. Since you're talking about being on a China salary I'm guessing a western grocery store is going to be out of your price range.

Second off, gyms definitely do not cost that much unless they're targeted at high earning Westerners. In other words, go to a Chinese gym - the one I went to cost maybe 20 bucks a month at most. You should be able to find one if you know any Chinese, and if you don't why the fuck are you in China?

Go learn Chinese. Or make a Chinese friend.
>>
Am I tripping or does everyone have a strange trip?

BTW if you have never lived in another country that doesn't speak your language for 6+ months alone then you haven't lived.
>>
>>36603705
Sheeeiiiit i remember constatly tripping
Over dumbells all time fucking assholes
Also lmaoing ar people in jeans on the treadmill
>>
>>36606227
>some real shitholes like the balkans
Everything's cheap, people are friendly, what more do you want?
>>
>>36604992
While i agree that mainland China is more interesting and fun

You dont know shit about the struggle as a foreinger in China try living in a 3rd world country and earn 3rd world wages
>>
>>36606416
April fools for the trip names i am guessing

>>36606541
How much are you earning a month?
>>
>>36606553
china is cheap af m8 you shouldve saved some money before going there
>>
>>36606596
I know china is cheap and its easy there as a foreinger i just thought it was dumb that he said he was in the struggle when i actually lived and worked in mexico as a mexican working construction for shit pay back in the day
>>
>>36604992
How easy is it to move to china?
How much money do you need
What type of documentation do you need
What hoops do you need to jump through
How are the people
How is the food
If you want to teach English (an easy gig I hear) what steps do you need to take?
How hard is Chinese to pick up so that you are a more capable teacher
How are the women
>>
>>36606780

im 25 n i teach in taiwan, if youre interested

fairly easy if youre from an anglophone country ie native speaker, you need a bachelor degree in any subject and normally a tefl/celta/tesol

if you you have at least £2000gbp you should be ok to carve yourself a decent life out here

the people are fantastic in taipei from my experience and the only get friendlier the further away you get from the capital

food is good and cheap, got your western comforts and obv great local shit
to teach get the certifiates mentioned above
women are good too, lot of people from everywhere in the captial too if you dont fancy the locals, but i cant see why you wouldnt

loving taipei so far, re the faggy op its easy to get buff this side of the globe, never been so fit in my life just dont pig out which can be hard considering how cheap food is
>>
>>36606541
Everything is cheap I'll give you that. besdies that everyone is super nationalistic/racist and explains why they all hate each other. not to mention the poverty especially among albanian trash.
theres a reason the balkans are a cultural backwater and an economic afterthought to the rest of the modern world
>>
>>36602153
How are the prostitutes in China?
>>
>>36606991
>he pays for sex
>>
>>36604992
Dude this is a blessing in disguise. I am going on a study abroad trip to China over the summer but also staying on my own while the rest of my group goes back to the state. Any advice on staying /fit/, getting the most out of my trip, and just general advice adjusting from being in America my whole life to China?
>>
>>36605546
i'd add quinoa but other than that s0l!d
>>
>>36606991

Depends on how good your chinese is and how adventurous you are. There used to be a lot of expat friendly massage places in BJ but they were shutdown prior to last year's APEC summit. You can still find escorts at a few of the higher end hotels here like the Element bar at the Grand Hyatt.

Sidenote: China is a great place if you want to start pinning. I can get tren, hcg, deca for super cheap and over the counter at the pharmacy close to my apartment. Over the counter in the sense that you tell them what you want and they write you a prescription right there. It's especially cheap if you go with a Chinese brand.
>>
>>36607050
Learn to shit while squatting plenty of outdoor free shit if you cant get a gym
>>
>>36607050
Bring scuba gear lmao
>>
>>36606991
The girls are easy to hookup with if you are fit and not ugly
Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.