[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do these do anything?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 750x750
Do these do anything?
>>
Yeah
>>
yeah they make you look like a retard.
>>
>>36600307
Go on
>>
>>36600314
My friend bought one
Makes him look like a douche but I want to know if it's worth it
>>
Yes, they make it harder to breathe. which isn't the same thing as living in high altitude.
>>
For you.
>>
>>36600344
Not unless you're competing competitively
>>
>>36600282
they make u look like a big guy
>>
File: 1457744132738.png (239 KB, 346x447) Image search: [Google]
1457744132738.png
239 KB, 346x447
>>36600413
For who?
>>
>>36600387
This. To effectively altitude train you have to live at altitude, not wear a plastic mask from china.
>>
>>36600282
Just breathe through a straw you faggot
>>
>>36600282

Obviously
>>
They inevitably cause mass Baneposting. Otherwise, useless.
>>
>>36600282
Lynch used to wear one
>>
>>36600409
>competing competitively
>>
>tfw people still won't care about, even when you put the mask on
>>
>>36601203
Repetition is one of the cornerstones of persuasion
>>
>>36600282
Only if you wear a tapout shirt and fighting trunks with it.
>>
>live in high altitude
>harder to breathe when working out

this literally does the same thing, why are yall talking shit?
>>
>>36600282
Only for big guys
>>
>>36601324
If you wear it the 23hrs youre not in the gym. Wearing during workouts is retarded
>>
A gym bro started wearing one of these and I drop multiple band references every time I see him, shit's cash.

>>36601324
These just prevent you from breathing, as opposed to freely breathing less oxygen. It puts unnecessary stress on your lungs and exhausts you faster, it doesn't make your muscles or oxygen intake any more efficient.
>>
>>36600574
why did I read this in bane's voice?
>>
>>36601203
>not competing competetitively in your competing competition
>>
>>36601420
>You merely adopted the altitude. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see sea-level until I was already a man.
>>
>>36600409
And if I'm competing non competitively?
>>
>>36600282
These things definitely work, and work well. However the marketing behind them is bullshit. They do not simulate altitude in any way.

There are muscles that allow your lungs to pull in oxygen and exhale. By making it harder to breath, you work these muscles. If you train consistently with one, you'll have the ability to pull in and exhale faster.
>>
>>36600282
u u u u
>>
>>36601718
n n n n

?
>>
>>36600387
>>36600574
They add resistance to breathing through your mouth, which in theory exercises your diaphragm and intercostal muscles. The thing is, the swoleness of your diaphragm is not really a significant component of how well you breathe.

I think the general attitude of MMA trainers is that the most they have to offer is that they might be able to improve someone's ability to keep their wind after a hit to the bread basket. Maybe.

However, at best that's a pretty minor benefit in return for decreasing the quality of your training. Hell, even if it actually did simulate high altitudes (the actual device for this is called a hypoxicator), you'd actually want to wear one while you were NOT training, and take it off to work out. Adaptation while "living high" would, among other things, increase hemoglobin, which would improve the ability to train, but only when oxygen levels were back to normal.

>>36600542
underrated.
>>
I'm in training for Charleston, SC fire dept. I run with this on set to 9000ft because it adds a resistance to breathing that very closely simulates wearing a regulator. Yes, I look like a douche, but it works like a charm. First day I couldn't do a mile. 3 weeks later I'm up to 5 with it on. 17 years of soccer and running experience may have contributed but highly recommend getting one for runners/firemen. Diaphragm workout extreme.
>>
>>36601461
Then you should be in /plg/
>>
>>36601324
No. High altitude has low partial pressure of oxygen. A mask makes inhalation and exhalation more difficult, it does not alter the gas content. Totally different.
>>
>>36600282
No
>>
>tfw live at 7500 feet
>tfw some sperg wears this mask every time he lifts in my the uni gym.

>>36601891
This is probably the only legitimate reason to wear one of these meme masks.
>>
>>36601891

LOL....

Charleston.... Your officers still refuse to use SCBAs and carry a wet sponge?
>>
>>36601461

No such thing, all compettors are competitning compreaisntaoisdngfoauikfdsuhsadf
>>
>>36600282
Buy straw. Look like as much of an idiot. Same result. Save 100$.

Binding of oxygen to hemoglobin and myoglobin is only effected by the amount of oxygen you can get into your bloodstream. Higher concentration of oxygen the greater amount of binding. You might as well try and regulate your blood pH as well for optimum binding. Also this >>36601805
>>
File: Mask.jpg (120 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
Mask.jpg
120 KB, 960x960
>>36600282
Ya. They cause seizures due to low O2 levels on blood.
>>
>>36600282
You get them when you want to look like bane
>you nearly adoped the ohp, I was born into it, molded by it,
>>
Absolutely. Once you put it on people start caring who you are.
>>
>>36600282
breathing through a straw is the same as wearing one of these. Coffee straw hard mode.
>>
>>36600282
I've used something similar to practice breathing for swimming and it made a drastic difference, dunno if it would improve other sports much tho, especially anaerobic sports like weightlifting
>>
>>36600282
I want one so I can make bane jokes no one will understand
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.