[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is tea a meme or a genuinely healthy lifestyle choice?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
File: 1396217408189.jpg (46 KB, 492x382) Image search: [Google]
1396217408189.jpg
46 KB, 492x382
Is tea a meme or a genuinely healthy lifestyle choice?
>>
Does nobody know if tea is a meme or not?

I want to maximize my health gains, folks. Surely someone understands this basic principle of ganiology.
>>
>>36598954
Drink the sticky
>>
>>36599052

>the sticky
>not a meme

Fuck off, memer. That has nothing to do with this question.
>>
>>36599052
>le sticky meme
Drink yourself
>>
>>36598954
SS + GOTAD
>>
>>36599073
>gallon
>he fell for the imperial meme
>>
meme
>>
It's good in that it's not bad, assuming no sugar

If you like tea and don't like water, it's a good way to drink water
>>
Not as good as water but a whole lot better than soda if you brew your own and don't dump a pound of sugar into it.
>>
>>36598954
I drink hot green tea, herbal tea, and then sometimes cold green tea, oolong tea, or cold herbal teas.

Nothing added to them, 0 sugar, etc etc.

I like it.

I dont feel healthier but when I drink the green tea I feel more in tune with my chinese cartoons I watch.
>>
lols dont drink tons of it you'll get kidney stones later on. I work in the medical field and its pretty common to do lithotripsy procedures on patients who drink tea often. Iced tea is the worst offense cause ppl will drink tons of it like water. -source Me, surgical tech aka doctor's bitch.
>>
>>36599823
I'm skeptical of this. what are you ingesting with the tea to cause kidney stones beyond caffeine?
>>
>>36599823
I've heard similar warnings about milk. I drink a fuckton of milk when I bulk and I've newer had any issues
>>
>>36599823
With all due respect anon, speaking as a fellow Medfag other common items like spinach and turmeric have far higher oxalate contents than tea
>>
>>36599823
>>36600093
Post like a bitch, get BTFO like a bitch
>>
>>36599786
>Not as good as water

The fuck? The whole point is that the psychoactive qualities of caffeine and catechins have positive effects on mood and fat metabolism, along with some theoretical benefits form antioxidants. How does water favorably compare?

>>36599823
I think you're having trouble with correlation and causation.
>>
bump because im not poor and I want to improve my life
>>
>>36599787
holy shit except for the cold part this is me.
>sipping on jasmine, watching lucky star
>oh konata you so crazy
>meditate afterwards because tea high

fucking comfy af
>>
>>36598954
i just cant stand tea without at least some sugar, so i just drink water everyday.
>>
>>36598954
Maybe??? Article came out not too long ago saying antioxidants cause cancer. I'm not looking that shit up Google it yourself.

I don't care anymore what they say, I'm eating my shit forever. Get those calories back my weak ass body can't handle.

Well can't even figure out if eggs are good or bad.
>>
>>36602662

There's minor evidence that antioxidants block exercise induced adaptations by preventing muscle damage, but it's pretty low-quality and based on high doses of stuff like vitamin C and resveratrol.
>>
>>36598954
fuck tea, drink coffee
>>
File: 83random.jpg (148 KB, 636x358) Image search: [Google]
83random.jpg
148 KB, 636x358
Black Tea - to wake yourself up.. like a slow burn of caffeine.. dont drink at night.
Green Tea - if your sick or tummy hurts.. drink tons of this shit
Peppermint Tea - are you sore? Drink it
Camomile - sleep gains .
Jasmine - calms down your autistic ass down
Orange / Fruit Teas - purely for taste no health benefits I can think of.
>>
>>36602705
Coffee has too much caffeine and lacks the relaxing chemicals in tea.
>>
I can't remember which one peppermint or spearmint, but one drops your test like a motherfucker. So avoid that one. Unless you're a trap faget
>>
>>36599787
>>36602622
Aww yes. Ive been thinking about to do starting tea just so I can sip it while watching jewish family value wrecking toons.
>>
>>36599851

Probably sugar in many cases. That's why I drink unsweetened, well that 0 cal
>>
>>36602870

Minor amounts of sugar won't be giving you kidney stones. Might as well use the artificial stuff too if you're cutting or just don't want random carbs.
>>
File: 1456157052696.jpg (39 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1456157052696.jpg
39 KB, 500x375
>>36602707
Green tea has more caffeine than black tea, dont drink this if your tummy hurts..
Also rest is pseudo ofcourse.

And like the rest of the content in this thread, mostly crap information. Go to pubmed and seach for yourself, i dont think there's any real proven effects of tea, but i might be wrong..
Drink it if you like it..
>>
>>36602923
>Green tea has more caffeine than black tea

What?

That doesn't seem to be quite right.
>>
>>36602885

>here put cancer causing sugar replacement in instead of having unsweetened.

or I could just you know, have self control and not consume garbage constantly
>>
>>36602935

A little packet of splenda isn't going to give you cancer, buddy.
>>
>>36602929
Seems im wrong, turns out that green tea initially have more caffeine when brewed, but black tea can reach higher total ammounts with enough brew time..
It really comes down to the amount of tea leaves you put in your drink..
>>
>>36602968
>tea leaves

Wtf are you, an elderly Japanese man? Just use a tea bag like everyone normal.
>>
>>36602975
Please leave teabagger-kun
>>
>>36602728
yes, avoid spearmint
>>
>>36602923
>Go to pubmed and seach for yourself

This is what vegans do.

Don't waste your time. You can find dubious 'studies' to suit your confirmation bias every time.

A layman doesn't have the time or know-how to assess the validity of studies and parse the entire body of data. That's what experts are for.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.