[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DB rows ? Fact or meme
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: single-arm-dumbbell-row.jpg (82 KB, 700x350) Image search: [Google]
single-arm-dumbbell-row.jpg
82 KB, 700x350
Is this shit a meme exercise or what?
I can't feel a fucking thing when doing it.
For the past month I have been doing Bent over DB rows (30kg) after Yates row and
Dead-lifts and I just doesn't feel like its targeting my back at all.
Anyone got any tips ?
>>
Bumpin' for interest
>>
>>36597423

bump!
>>
its not targeting anything you stupid fuck its a compound lift
>>
>>36597423
I honestly don't see the point in this specific exercise if you're doing barbell bent over rows. Barbell rows decimate my lats, but when doing dumbbell rows I don't feel shit.
>>
>>36597523
not gonna make it
>>
>>36597423

From my experience, DB rows hits the lats more than the back.
>>
>>36597523
I feel dumbbell rows almost entirely in my bicep.
>>
>>36597538

This is why im doing Yates row, it hits my lats nicely and i was looking for something to target my upper/middle back, but the DB row just isn't doing it annoyingly.
>>
I'm the same. Cant feel anything in the back when doing them. I thought it was the weight so I upped it and only managed half reps / shitty form. I would do BB rows but I have the same problem: I cant feel it. I think my form just sucks balls maybe.
>>
File: 1447182492707.png (331 KB, 470x470) Image search: [Google]
1447182492707.png
331 KB, 470x470
>>36597538
>lats aren't the back
>>
They sure as hell do something for me
After a few sets of these I find it a lot harder to do pullups
>>
>>36597556
Do pendlay rows to hit your middle upper back
they made mine 'splode
>>
Do heavier dumbbell rows with straps, the difference in the muscle contraction you can get opposed to using just your grip will change your perspective on the exercise, if you arn't certain its one of the BEST back exercises after that.... your not gonna make it
>>
Dumbbell rows are a great accessory lift.

Don't forgo barbell rows for them though.
>>
>>36597523
It's a good idea to do both though
>>
>>36597627

can't unfortunately, especially not after
dead-lifts
About two years ago now I fucked my lower back up hard rushing into a deadlift with bad form, only just managed to get up to the weight i was lifting when i fucked it up.
Because of this I am very cautious around my lower back and found pendlay to put WAY too much pressure on my lower back since you have to be at 90 angle.

What weight do you lift for Pendlay out of curiosity? maybe I was trying too much weight.
>>
>>36597590

My bad brah, I figured he meant the traps and spinal erectors.

>>36597556
>>36597583

Paused bent-over barbell rows are killer for middle-back. 6x4@70-80% 5RM - hold the bar at the top by clenching your back for 1-3 seconds. Hold as long as possible on the last rep of a set if you're feeling saucy.
>>
You are probably yanking the weight up. Try to do the movement first without holding any weight, you should feel your lats and the area around it contracting. When you achieved that, do it like that (slow and steady) and you should feel it.
>>
>>36597423
I do them every time I work out my back, it's a staple exercise for me. I've put on a lot of size and strength via solid form and increasing weight.

I couldn't tell ya what's going wrong for you m8, the form is pretty simple. Bump up the weight?
>>
>>36597541
You should push through your elbows, not your hands
>>
>>36597684
195 lbs
rest of my lifts are 1/2/3/3.5 for reference.
I had to really focus on my upper and middle back doing the work. After working on form for a while, my lower back is pretty comfortable doing them
>>
>>36597423
>I can't feel a fucking thing when doing it.

I realised I needed almost twice as much weight as any other DB exercise to make it wortwhile.

I know your feel, OP, you just need to load the fuck up before it makes any difference.

I need like 15 kilos on a DB to make this shit feel like work, while I normally use 9 kilos on my DBS for military presses and such.

I've mostly dumped them now and do chinups instead.
>>
dont fell it dont do it... simple as that.
>>
>>36597523
I'm the opposite. I feel it in my lats pretty well doing barbell too, but the pump with the dumbells is greater. I do both.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.