[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
looks like rippetoe has a new zach evetts to play with http
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: kill_me.jpg (5 KB, 119x143) Image search: [Google]
kill_me.jpg
5 KB, 119x143
looks like rippetoe has a new zach evetts to play with

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvEn6ZbfqT8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GT3C96ojEuA
>>
>>36595711
i wish at 15 I was built like that guy
>>
>>36595711
whatta fuck those squats which are "right" look absolutely retarded. Its like deadlifting with the weight on your back.
>>
He looks stronk desu.
>>
>>36595819
Thats right, this is low bar squat (powerlifting squat) which more actives your posterior chain (same as deadlifts) and with this style of squat u can lift more weight.
>>
>>36595855
and you get fat and ugly with a gut
>>
>>36596055
>performing an exercise makes you fat
>>
>>36595855
Exactly. More muscles are recruited which allows more weight. If training for general strength is the goal, it makes a lot of sense to train as many muscles at once with the most weight you can. Just more efficient.
>>
>>36595819
youre whats wrong with the general population
>>
>>36595711
holy shit this kid looks fucking dead inside lmfao

someone PLEASE put the "his smile and optimism: gone" thing over his face
>>
>>36596263
>someone PLEASE put the "his smile and optimism: gone" thing over his face
Do it yourself you childish redditor.
>>
>>36596386
currently in the process, faggot
>>
>>36596202
muh powerlifting. muh neckbeard. muh lowbar
>>
behold my masterwork
>>
>>36595819
Rippe teaches a retarded squat
>>
is the low-bar squat holy to rippetoe?
jesus christ, talk about being a nazi about it
>>
>>36596541
The low bar squat is a much more technical lift. Anyone who doesn't want to put the time into learning it should high bar squat.
>>
Im not gonna jump on the low bar bashing train because it's a good exercise but this is bullshit. After all Rips emphasis on on keeping the weight over the midfoot, which the kid does in the "wrong" way in this video, Rip corrects him amd the bar is fucking miles in front and he jist good mornings it up.
>>
one the one hand you have the SS-style low-bar squat, feet apart, nipples pointing down etc
then you have Olympic high bar squats with feet together and eyes up etc

MOST people will do something in between
>>
>>36596609
I do something like that. I hold it in highbar, but still do the whole slutdrop kinda movement with my ass.
>>
>>36595711
So should I stop doing high bar since it's vertical? Sounds like it doesn't rain my back muscles like low bar does.
>>
>>36596685

Worst of both worlds
That sets you up to be on your toes the whole time and strain your knees
>>
>>36597617
If you're already doing deadlifts I wouldn't worry.

Do Lowbars if you're just going for strength, I'd recommend highbar for most people.
>>
>>36597632
I don't mean I go down lowbar with highbar grip, just I unlock the hips and bend the knees to go down rather than just bending the knees. Hard to explain. It's probably just a regular high bar lol.
>>
>>36597693
Another anon here. This makes sense. You can easily do hybrid squats. You just have to adjust how far you sit back and lean forward depending on where it sits on your back if you want the weight mid foot.
>>
>>36596576
Yeah it was pretty exaggerated. It's hard to actually have a properly balanced squat with no weight on the bar. Should have had him put one or two plate on the bar.
>>
>>36598054
This is true.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.