[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Be honest /fit/...did you start lifting because you were bullied
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 17
File: 1368876323131.png (239 KB, 511x428) Image search: [Google]
1368876323131.png
239 KB, 511x428
Be honest /fit/...did you start lifting because you were bullied at school?
>>
>>36595463
no, I started lifting to fight off the depression of losing the only woman I ever loved. now I just like lifting and being strong
>>
>>36595463
Nope. Saw my college graduation photos and realized I had gotten fat.
>>
>>36595480

How did you lose her? Did you get over it? Or still depressed?
>>
>>36595463
No. Started lifting because sports.
>>
No, but I was bullied. I actually started lifting after I went to Panama City Beach and no one payed any attention to me, so I lifted to see if it would change when I went back next year. Somewhere along the way I stopped lifting for girls and did it for me.
>>
File: pepe70.jpg (21 KB, 628x676) Image search: [Google]
pepe70.jpg
21 KB, 628x676
>he wasn't the bully

KEK
>>
>>36595463
Actually, yes.

Now I am the strongest person I know (not really but close enough)

At least I don't lift for girls.
>>
>>36595487
The cliche go off to different colleges different friend circles, new experiences growing distant shit. like that 500 days summer bs. Doesn't bother me much anymore, kinda apathetic to it and bit jaded to relationships now I guess. Been with gf now for 6 months and don't feel anywhere near the same attraction, who knows
>>
>>36595463

i started lifting because i liked to eat a lot and didn't wanna get fat. like every other bloke on this board I'm sure. that and so when i have sex i don't sweat like a pig/thread
>>
I started lifting because i weighted 115 pounds and my arms were thinner than most girls in my class, did crossfit for a month and stopped cuz i got sick. Then i saw a meme on facebook saying "yolo - you only lifted once" with a bunch of skinny dyels in the picture. I went super saiyan and im still getting bigger every day
>>
>>36595463
>grow up in beach city
>everyone is jacked
>think it is normal, almost expected, to be jacked
>think it is a normal part of becoming a man
>massively insecure before period before I start lifting because I feel I'm still a boy

On a deeper level, this is a metaphor for why a lot of people start lifting, mine was just a more direct manifestation.

Also, lifting didn't kill that insecurity, I think only genuine success in life can do that.
>>
File: 1457169045101.jpg (31 KB, 430x384) Image search: [Google]
1457169045101.jpg
31 KB, 430x384
I join the military because I was bullied.
Always have been in somewhat good shape so PFT was not a problem.
Started lifting for cute local library girls attention.
I am a very pathetic and moderately aestethic person.
>>
I am into /fit/ and /fa/ because I have to feel superior to everyone around me or else my inferiority complex kicks in and I get massive anxiety attacks. I have no choice if I want to be a functioning human
>>
>>36595722
Except /fa/ isn't /fa/.
>>
>>36595747
I didnt mean the actual board, just the interest
>>
File: 78500944.jpg (19 KB, 346x346) Image search: [Google]
78500944.jpg
19 KB, 346x346
>>36595722

>be a functioning human
>visit 4chan

pick one
>>
>>36595722
Holy fuck so true. As I've gotten more fit, started making more money, and dressing better, I've started doing much better in general life. I've actually become very socially well adjusted.
But that goes out the window when I feel inferior to someone.
>>
File: 1426894286629.png (25 KB, 706x431) Image search: [Google]
1426894286629.png
25 KB, 706x431
>>36595463
Partly.

I was the fat stinky fuck in middle school, girls would poke fun at me, the guys would call me fat. Shit felt bad, but I didn't really care and kept to my own autistic habits. Some of those habits (IE browsing the net for hours) that have stuck.

Then I hit puberty and noticed that, huh, I get pretty damn winded when I walk up the stairs. A thirteen year old kid, huffing and puffing after walking up some stairs? Something wasn't right.

So I took matters into my own hands and started working out. Yeah, I was still depressed and anxious during that time, but I noticed that I would feel less fatigued after walking up the stairs. I would feel more energetic as the days passed and, surely, my pants became a bit too big for me.

Fast-forward to now at age 23, and I feel far more energetic than I did in my early teens. Engaging in life is good, moving my ass is good.

And I keep fit, because I never want to stop and catch my breath after walking up the stairs again.
>>
>>36595463
No, even though I was bullied. I got inspired from seeing classmates who were jacked and wanted to gain weight anyway because I have always been skinny.
>>
File: MAGA (2).jpg (163 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
MAGA (2).jpg
163 KB, 1024x768
>>36595463
No
Everyone knows wars are coming in a few years, especially in Europe
I want to be deployed by the god emperor to liberate Europe and hang Merkel for treason.
Gotta be /fit/ to have maximum performance.
>>
File: jestemszczesliwyawy.jpg (91 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
jestemszczesliwyawy.jpg
91 KB, 1920x1080
Yes. If i wouldnt be bullied i probably wouldnt be interested in lifting today
>>
File: 1431952612565.gif (1 MB, 416x310) Image search: [Google]
1431952612565.gif
1 MB, 416x310
>tfw bullied by my teacher

I lift because I pray to god she has a daughter I can look up and fuck in the most demeaning and humiliating ways possible
>>
>>36595463
No, i wanted to repress wanting to be a woman and for some reason I thought it would work
>>
>>36595520
Why not both?
>>
>>36597236
>uuu, pÄ…czuchy
>>
No.

I was the bully and am preparing myself for the revenge of the autists. I won't give them a chance to come back at me like "hurr durr u bullied me and now ur broke unsuccessful and fat"

I want to crush their souls once and for all.
>>
I was ignored. Nobody ever gave a shit about me so now I want to be noticed.

I was big so bullies never fucked with me.
>>
Nah, I wasn't getting bullied any more by the time I started lifting. I just wanted to get stronger.
>>
>>36595463
Na, because the nerds I was bullying started lifting.
>>
File: 0461 - tzmZ7Kp.jpg (76 KB, 544x944) Image search: [Google]
0461 - tzmZ7Kp.jpg
76 KB, 544x944
No. While watching anime, I realized girls only like /fit/ men, so I started lifting.
>>
>I was bullied when I was very young but by middle school everyone was being nice to me in the same way that people are nice to retards
>the fucking pity in their eyes everytime I had to speak
>ate lunch in the bathroom every day
>started spending entire days in the bathroom
>even the anime club wouldn't take me
>spent two months in an asylum for trying to kill myself
>>
No, i lift that in the hope people sometime will take me serious and to not be invinsible.

I'm soon getting braces as a 20y/o, might as well go and lift for those same 18 months i need to wear the braces
>>
Funny, because I was bullied even though I was one of the biggest kids for my age. I do sometimes fantasize about seeing my oppressors today and raping them and killing them with my bare hands. But I probably won't see them again so I just focus on being the best me and winning in the game of life.
>>
>>36595463

Nah, I lost a girl I loved a few years ago to a car accident. The bar is the only thing left I can hold onto.
>>
>>36595463
yes, and even though I'm successful both academically and physically the feeling of inadequacy never quite goes away.
>>
I wasnt really bullied but i was really scrawny. Felt like the runt of all my peers. Im still only 5'9 but at least im 175lbs and about 12% bf. Not huge by any means but ive got that ottermode down.
>>
I was the guy sticking up for the little dudes. I beat up a couple of bullies and got my ass handed to me a couple of times.
>>
File: worried_dog.gif (2 MB, 244x201) Image search: [Google]
worried_dog.gif
2 MB, 244x201
>>36597659
My condolences anon, I hope one day you find peace
>>
>>36597772

Thanks bro. We're all gonna fucking make it, all of us.
>>
>>36595551
>bit jaded to relationships now
>been with gf for 6 months

You don't belong here, normie
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: image.png (7 KB, 420x420) Image search: [Google]
image.png
7 KB, 420x420
>>36597312
Reddit pls go
>>
>>36595463
no, i started lifting because i was fat and weak and i got fed up of it
>>
File: ss+(2015-02-15+at+03.47.40).jpg (13 KB, 235x166) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-02-15+at+03.47.40).jpg
13 KB, 235x166
>>36597659
Sorry anon
>>
I like looking better than other people, I used to be fat and now the people from highschool are fat and im fit.

feels good, man.
>>
Yeah actually.
>>
File: 1456089109402.gif (47 KB, 600x716) Image search: [Google]
1456089109402.gif
47 KB, 600x716
>>36597659

So sorry bro. I almost lost the woman I love and I now the pain you went through. I would like to give you a hug right now..no homo
>>
Gf left me for a friend and told me I was too skinny for her. We were together for 3 years. So I dunno I started lifting out of anger I guess but now I actually like doing it
>>
File: doctor monkey.jpg (16 KB, 695x385) Image search: [Google]
doctor monkey.jpg
16 KB, 695x385
I bullied myself more than anyone else did to be honest family
>>
As far as I can tell there's 2 kinds of guys that lift weights on a regular basis.

1. The guys who can't get any pussy. They can't seal the deal so they think building up massive muscles will attract a woman. They're usually wrong

2. The femboys who got beat up in high school. Crippling fear of other men drives these people to build up and armor of sorts against future physical harm

If you grew up and actually had sex with a woman, and weren't afraid of a fistfight, you do not feel the need to beef up. You still workout, but only for the exercise and to feel healthier.
>>
>>36595463
Yes, their harsh words still fuel my PRs to this day
>>
File: tumblr_nshv2vqMHy1ubm73lo1_500.png (58 KB, 451x485) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nshv2vqMHy1ubm73lo1_500.png
58 KB, 451x485
>>36598990
Couldn't stop hitting yourself in the head with a stick?
>>
uh... i guess the catylist was a little teasing/assholery from some other fags in HS but it was mostly to better myself and be more attractive. this lead to me 'working out' for like 5 or 6 years but with no real gains

what actually got me to say fuck it im doing everything i need to to gain gains (lol) was my ex-gf was not really attractive to me and i really only dated her because she was available and attainable and i hated that 'settler' attitude so i obliterated it and decided if i wanted what i wanted, i had to do it the right way.

so i guess i lift for girls. but i also lift for self esteem, for being strong being handy, to lessen the chance of people fucking with me (or thinking it'll be easy to fuck with me at least), for the extra respect most people give you, etc.
>>
I didn't. I started lifting because of some older guy who inspired me to do so. Later on I realized that a six pack didn't mean that he was big, and that I had packed on more muscle than him in one or two months of training.

People did show me a lot more respect after I started lifting though. Suddenly I wasn't the dorky kid.
>>
>>36595463
I'm going to be a Navy seal that is why I lift. Or else I will die trying.
>>
File: hahaha-look-at-him.jpg (88 KB, 474x604) Image search: [Google]
hahaha-look-at-him.jpg
88 KB, 474x604
>>36600375
>"I lift for self esteem."

You are all kinds of fucked up.
>>
>>36595463
I have no problem posting this.....

I started lifting recently because I want to get rid of the "buddy" treatment You know, where taller, more muscular guys call you buddy, like whatever you have to say to them doesn't mean shit and they obviously do not take you seriously. I'm 24 y/o, 5'9" 200lbs skinnyfat, it's time to shake this image.

>inb4 hurr buddy
>>
>>36600481
no he's not, that's completely fine
shut the fuck up you asshole
>>
>>36595803
*clap*.......*clap*......
>>
>>36595463
Yes
>>
>>36600494
You aren't skinny fat you're just fat
>>
>>36600687
I just quit smoking weed about a month ago. All the smoking caused me to have scrawny limbs and neck. I don't look bloated, but I do have quite a noticeable gut.
>>
>>36599001
so... 3 kinds of guys.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.