[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's true about salt, /fit/? I know it's unhealthy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: .jpg (6 KB, 360x240) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
6 KB, 360x240
What's true about salt, /fit/? I know it's unhealthy to eat alot of it and apparently it causes you to retain water weight, but it seems like every restaurant or packaged food is packed with sodium. How much is too much?
>>
>>36586562
>what's true about it
It contains both sodium and chlorine molecules
>>
>>36586888
Hmm.. Has this been proven by science?
>>
The molar mass is 58.443 g/mol
>>
>>36586562
chlorine is a strong nucleophile
>>
>>36586562
It tastes salty
>>
When mixed with water, the freezing point of the solution is lowered below that of pure water
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 201x201) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 201x201
Kosher salt steals NaCl molecules from the hard working table salts
>>
Our lineage evolved to get about a gram of sodium a day from whole foods. Even if you're not salt-sensitive the stuff has a variety of adverse effects, some of which can be reversed by increasing the intake of other minerals and some of which cannot. There is also the issue of developing salt sensitivity over time, as the episodic postprandial rises in plasma osmolarity that accompany a high salt diet accelerate the age-related loss of functional nephrons.
>>
It's cubic.

It's fucking cool as shit when you pour salt onto a plate or something and move it around a bit.

It all comes together like a puzzle
>>
The less, the better
>>
>>36589164
I don't have a whole foods in my area. How do I get my sodium?
>>
>>36589164
>A gram of sodium a day from whole foods
Sounds like a great way to get hyponatremia, unless your idea of exercise is a brisk walk
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.