[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>2016 >eating meat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4
File: cute-fox[1].jpg (189 KB, 650x445) Image search: [Google]
cute-fox[1].jpg
189 KB, 650x445
> Age-adjusted regression analysis showed that on average vegetarian children were taller than their meat-consuming classmates (2.5 and 2.0 cm for boys and girls, respectively). The relationship between diet and attained height was studied in children and adolescents in Southern California. Diet pattern was determined from an extensive food frequency questionnaire in 1765 Caucasian children of 7-18 years.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1855500
>>
i'd rather be an inch shorter than have cancer

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/vegetarian-gene-linked-to-heart-disease-and-cancer-risk-scientists-find-a6959291.html
>>
>>36581351

Again. This is bait. It's not because they avoid meat, it's because they pay closer attention to proper nutrition. Which you have to if you don't want to roll around in estrogen as a vegetarian.

It's meaningless research.
>>
>>36581386

I'm against a vegan diet not a vegetarian diet btw. The former is impossible without meticulous planning AND supplements. Vegetarian, meh.

I like meat. Medium rare. Red. But fish is allowed so.. If not, eggs and dairy still are.

And I do very much enjoy vanilla blueberry brotein shakes. 3 a day would be awesome and sets me at 100/50/25 in macros.

I take them twice a day when bulking. 1L of crushed blueberry with vanilla whey goodness.
>>
>>36581351
>The results indicate that vegetarian children and adolescents on a balanced diet grow at least as tall as children who consume meat.
"at least as tall", so even though the vegetarians were taller the result isn't in favour of vegetarianism over meat.
>>
>>36581362

VEGlKUCKS B T F O'd

>Meat eaters wiII aIways win
>>
>>36581362

We had a thread about this yesterday.

>>36576702
>>
>>36581351
It doesn't matter what u eat its all about ur genetics

I ate like shit while being a teen (was very obese) and I am still taller than most of the population
>>
>>36581837
>VEGlKUCKS

>Less Erectile Dysfunction
>More Stamina and Energy in Bed
>Better Tasting Semen
>Better Smelling
>Increased Libido

http://plenteousveg.com/vegetarians-better-lovers/
>>
>>36581887

Literally all that is just a result of not being fat

So if you're not fat already, none of that applies
>>
>>36581905

SO YOU AGREE THAT MEAT EATERS ARE ALL DISGUSTING FATBODIES

CHECKMATE
>>
>>36581926

That's not what I said. You can eat meat and not be fat. It's just that, on average, a person who avoids meat and dairy is going to be less likely to be overweight, if only because of the mechanical difficulty in overeating on purely vegetable products. Other than bread and some non-dairy cookies, there aren't a whole lot of highly calorically dense foods available to them.
>>
>>36581975

Also the fact that being vegan means you're also more likely to do other things which actually do improve your health, like exercise, not smoking, less drinking, and being a wealthy white person.
>>
>>36581905
>Literally all that is just a result of not being fat

Mean BMI was lowest in vegans (23.6 kg/m2) and and incrementally higher in lacto-ovo vegetarians (25.7 kg/m2) and nonvegetarians (28.8 kg/m2).
The study population comprised 22,434 men and 38,469 women

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2671114/
>>
>>36581988

Why is that?
>>
File: Screenshot_20160329-094737.png (313 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160329-094737.png
313 KB, 1080x1920
>>
>>36581351
It's all neck gains, they need it to reach the leaves.
>>
>>36582019

Even better mental health if you go all the way with a healthy diet

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3293760/
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2887769/
>>
>>36581351

Where I'm at there's a disturbing new trend where highly-educated parents are raising malnourished children because they fell for vegan gluten-free bullshit.
Those kids are skinnier and shorter than average and are increasingly likely to suffer from asthma, have weakened immune systems and/or allergies.
>>
>>36582117

Data on that?
>>
>>36581887
>>36581351

Dumb.

These problem could come from anywhere.
What other similarities do they have in common aside from diet?
How much meat do they eat on average (lbs.)?
What kind of vegetarian are they? Ovo/Lacto/Pescetarian vegan?
How much was their vitamin/fat intake on average?

Also these studies are made in America where a crass difference between people eating habits exist. A meat eater may eat 15 lbs of flesh per week and he does not do so just because he loves it but because it is so readily available.

On the other hand someone who is vegetarian I would argue makes very conscious decisions about his diet and might not eat pringles, cheetos and marshmallows even though they are vegetarian.

tl;dr Stats are worthless without a stronger set of perimeters.
>>
>>36582182

>On the other hand someone who is vegetarian I would argue makes very conscious decisions about his diet and might not eat pringles, cheetos and marshmallows even though they are vegetarian

Why?
>>
>>36582182
>tl;dr Stats are worthless

Are you literally retarded?
>>
>>36582198

because vegetarianism cannot be defined just by abstaining meat. A lot of people abstain (certain) meat simply because they don't like the taste.

Vegetarianism is more. It's a philosophy and a lifestyle to many. If you made a statistic about who is most likely to recycle their trash I bet vegetarians would come out on top as well. That's not to attribute to eating lots of broccoli but to lifestyle choices.
>>
>>36582334
>vegetarianism cannot be defined just by abstaining meat

>Vegetarianism, the theory or practice of living solely upon vegetables, fruits, grains, and nuts—with or without the addition of milk products and eggs
http://www.britannica.com/topic/vegetarianism
>>
>>36582334

>because vegetarianism cannot be defined just by abstaining meat

Of course it can.

>Vegetarianism is more. It's a philosophy and a lifestyle to many

Fair enough, but why do you think it all leads to the most positive choices? There's a huge market for vegetarian/vegan junk foods, they still smoke and drink, they don't all exercise, etc. I don't see why you would assume so many good things about them if not to excuse the fact that they generally appear healthier than meat eaters when we study them
>>
>>36581351

cool cherry picking, faggot.

how would an inferior diet result in more growth, you lentil eating retard?
>>
>>36581351
Vegetarians eat eggs and dairy. They are drinking more milk in order to get protein. More dairy means more height. See the Dutch who went from shorter than average to tallest on Earth in 100 years.
>>
>>36582149

There is none. Anons like these are full of scare tactics and conspiracies.
>>
>>36581351
Yeah and guys with Klinefelter's are also taller than those without. So?
>>
>>36581351
>current year
>literally anything after that is going to be a meme
>>
>>36581351
> berry picker as fuck
>>
>>36582015
Because all vegans are pretentious cucks that all think they are the shining light in the darkness we call existence. They also like to pretend mother earth is a real person so that they can tell themselves that they have finally satisfied a woman because the dangerous amounts of estrogen in their bodies has turned them into green alien traps....
Tldr vegans =cucks
>>
File: 1389208988315.png (48 KB, 365x214) Image search: [Google]
1389208988315.png
48 KB, 365x214
>2016
>pubmed
mods please
>>
>>36582001

Yeah, that's what I was saying.

>>36582015

It's the same reason that buying a bunch of bullshit infant education books is correlated with better success even though they don't actually have any effect. The kind of person who would put serious effort into ANY avenue for better health is more likely to also put effort into things that actually do have a positive effect on health.
>>
>>36582047
Nice
>>
File: Don draper reaction 1.jpg (27 KB, 285x298) Image search: [Google]
Don draper reaction 1.jpg
27 KB, 285x298
>>36581887

> source is "plenteousveg.com"
>>
>>36582261
are you? other than saying 'perimeters' he was right. until you control for confounding variables..

example, someone who's vegetarian because they care about their health is more likely to workout, not smoke, and drink moderately. So when you ONLY look at diet, are the results impacted only by diet, or do those other confounding effects play more of a role? :(
>>
>>36581351
>eat regularly at the uni canteen since it's situated right in my dorms' building
>for a long time I've been tempted to try out a soy meat meal
>try it once
>it's texture is similar to beef, but there's no fat, which is great
>a bit interesting taste, quite sweet I'd say
>a week later order a soy meat gulash with dumplings
>the taste, at the first try at the very least interesting, has been an object of desire for the whole day, if not the whole week
>finally get to eat the gulash
>the soy meat tastes even better than the first time because I've now accustomed to its taste
Today I had a soy meat gulash, again from the cafe, but this time it was not with dumplings but in a regular bowl, just like you'd have soup. There was so much more of the soy meat, and it tasted so goddamn good.
It's really great. I could imagine living on it for the rest of my life. Albeit I would probably still go for regular meat from time to time.
Is tofu similar? My uncle said it's got this weird spongey consistency and feels a bit off.
>>
>>36582047
Underrated post
>>
>thinking that comparing SAD to any balanced diet proves a point
>>
>>36584519
>>2016
>>pubmed
>mods please

I don't get this meme.
>>
>tfw 2 meters tall
>can eat meat and not worry about 2.5cm
when will manlets learn?
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.