[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does alcohol lower testosterone levels? I've been drinking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: beer.jpg (312 KB, 2048x1418) Image search: [Google]
beer.jpg
312 KB, 2048x1418
Does alcohol lower testosterone levels?

I've been drinking daily for about 6 months and now I noticed I hardly get horny anymore and I'm tired most of the day, could this be because of the alcohol I'm drinking?

I drink around 10 to 12 beer a day
>>
>>36580887
>10 to 12 beer a day
I like beer too, but yeah, let's just take a wild guess here whether or not that's good for you, dummy.
>>
>>36580901
Yeah I know but the weird thing is I know people who drink way more than that daily and have done so for like 10 years and they seem fine, they can get up in the morning and go to work etc and not seem tired
>>
>>36580887
M8 your test levels are probably that of a 7 year olds
>>
>>36580887

Yes, definitely, but by how much I don't know. I drank anywhere from 4-8 beers a night every day for about 2 years and I was always tired unless I slept for 10+ hours at night. Recently I quit cold turkey and I've noticed I sleep better and my workouts have gotten tremendously better (same diet, same sleeping habits just no beer). This is all personal anecdote, so take it with a grain of salt.
>>
>>36580913
Their whole bodies are fucked up and the alcohol just makes them feel numb enough to function.

I've been there lad, you don't want it. Seizures are kind of unpleasant.
>>
>>36580887
>Does shooting yourself let you bleed?
>I like to shoot myself 10 to 12 times a day
>>
>>36580887
>10 to 12 beer a day
why aren't you just drinking liquor if you're drinking that much?
and yes, it does lower test, but nothing too significant. the sticky covers this, you know?
>>
>>36580887
Yes and yes OP.
Hops in beer gets converted to estrogen when consumed. If you drink 10 to 12 beers a days your liver is having a tough time handling the overload which in turn fucks with your testosterone. (I think) Thus giving you man boobs and killing the libido.
I've found beer kills the libido even for a day or two afterwards but for some reason wine doesn't do that to me.
Either way I'm quitting it all tomorrow night. Again...
>>
>>36581104
This

Alcoholic withdrawal is no joke
>>
>I drink around 10 to 12 beer a day

Pints?

Fucking hell alcoholism
>>
>>36582388
Cans of beer I drink the 473 ml cans called tallboys
>>
>>36582388
>thinks that's a lot of alcohol

I know people who drink a liter of vodka everyday
>>
>>36581104
Daily reminder that alcohol withdrawal is one of the kinds that can kill you.
>>
>>36582665
Yeah but you have to drink morning till night for a long time for that to happen
>>
>>36582610
Also alcoholism
>>
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 866x441) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 866x441
>>36582759
>being this in denial
Enjoy your cancer
>>
>>36582921
I don't drink I was just saying how it works. You don't drink 10 beer a night and end up with deadly withdrawal symptoms because that takes morning until night drinking for years
>>
>>36580887
How are you not obese? That's like 2000 calories right there. Do you not eat?
>>
File: 1451899523296.jpg (15 KB, 322x504) Image search: [Google]
1451899523296.jpg
15 KB, 322x504
>>36580887
>10-12 beers a day
>>
How can people like beer. I don't understand.
>>
>>36583135
alcoholism's a hell of a drug
>>
>>36580887
Nah, raises them. Think about it: When would you pick up high test chicks? Stone-sober or slightly sloshed?
Yeah, I rest my case.
>>
File: image.png (66 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
image.png
66 KB, 625x626
>>
>>36583296
You ever have a good hefeweizen? Most beer is shit but the good stuff hits he spot.
>>
>>36583296
How can people like alcohol in general?
Cuz it gets you drunk so you keep at it, and eventually you get a taste for it.
>>
>>36580887
Bourbon master race. Hops is estrogenic, don't drink beer.
>>
>>36583386
I've tried Staropramen because it is supposed to be a beginner friendly light lager. After half a bottle the sour bitterness was just too much for me.
I'm planning to try a wheat beer next. Heard that Schneider and Weihenstephaner are supposed to be good.
>>
>>36583333
Waste of quads.
>>
>>36583533
another anon here, depends where you are m80.
weihenstephaner, maissels weisse, primator weizen are pretty good. you can also try another beginner friendly style, witbier
>>
>>36582223
>>36582665

If you taper off your drinking then it's really not that bad. Go down by a drink every four or five days and you'll barely have any symptoms. It's kinda like cutting; it's a long term process, you can't just magically stop consuming and assume that you'll safely reach your goal.

But what do I know, I'm an alcoholic myself.
>>
>>36583667
Or you just get admitted to the hospital, overexaggerate how much you've been drinking, and get loaded on Xanax.
>>
>>36581104
>have had mild alcohol withdrawals after several day benders
Shits spooky
>>
>>36580887
A beer or two a day is fine... it's empty calories you can offeset if you are active enough.

Your test levels should be the least of your worries, because 10-12 drinks a day is fucking EVERYTHING up.
>>
>>36583296
are you British per chance?

our beer is terrible and i never have it at home

when i'm abroad (especially germany + austria) i'm drinking all the time.
>>
>>36580887
I drink daily and it certainly has not affected my strength (4 plate x 8 reps) or my libido. I did gain like fifteen pounds of fat and permanently increase my appetite though, ymmv my dawgs. If it's causing hormonal trouble switch to hard liquor or wine, modify your diet, take zinc, and try to have at least 1-2 days a week where you have no more than 3 drinks to recover. Hope this helps you because it deff works for me.
>>
>>36582759
Sorry bud, 10 tallboys a day is enough to trigger it.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.