[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone else have issues with asymmetry? I don't know
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: scoliosis.jpg (56 KB, 800x459) Image search: [Google]
scoliosis.jpg
56 KB, 800x459
Does anyone else have issues with asymmetry?

I don't know what I have, but it seems I'm crooked.
Like, when I do presses, my right arm is always like a half second slower than my left, even if individually, my right is stronger.
When I squat, my right knee feels like "buckling" when I climb out of the squat.

My entire right side feels slow, even if I can curl more with my right arm. I can't even fully flex with my right side.

Anyone deal with this?
>>
It's pretty common and it will impede your performance at high athletic levels but if you are just lifting for aesthetics or health it won't hinder you much, assuming you have scoliosis that is mild to the point that you don't need medical intervention. Lifting is one of the best treatments for scoliosis.
>>
>>36574958
Honestly its such a minor insecurity I wouldn't sweat it. I didn't even know scoob had a mild scoliosis until you probably spent 3 hours mirin' his bod. Focus on getting mired more than 5 seconds then you can start working on small shit like that.
>>
>>36575000
>>36575002
Thanks mates.
I just worry that if I keep adding weight, I'll get to the point where my right will crumple.
It doesn't feel like it, but I worry a bit.
My muscles are still strong.
But it's like they have a lag.
>>
Do one sides exercises (dumbells instead of barbells, pistol squats instead of squat etc) as much as possible.

Also when possible, (like curls) do all reps for weak side first to figure out how many you can do, and just do the same amount for strong side. Itll even you out.
>>
i have mild scolioisis and asymmetric ribcage, but the doctor has told me to do sports and to lift, but also to avoid unilateral exercises
>>
>>36574958
>Mild Scoobydoosis
>>
>>36575002
scoliosis is nothing to sweat. It's a back condition. everyone when I was in 7th grade had to get it checked out. I actually don't know if I passed or not. They said I passed, but it was probably because the lady didn't check my properly cus when I took off my shirt my pits smelled like fckin shit. #puberty
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.