[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it okay if I buy whey protein from Walmart? or should I get
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 1366612946173.png (177 KB, 316x321) Image search: [Google]
1366612946173.png
177 KB, 316x321
Is it okay if I buy whey protein from Walmart? or should I get the more expensive brand?
>>
File: 1458791324532.png (523 KB, 1092x612) Image search: [Google]
1458791324532.png
523 KB, 1092x612
>>36574763
Real food is better, anon.
>>
>>36574763
I use the body fortress kind its 18 bucks and has creative and amino acid supplements in it

It's ok
>>
>>36574763
Its not going to kill you but at that point you'd be better off just getting your protein from lean meats. Low quality protein like the stuff you get from Wal-Mart tastes like chalk and doesn't mix worth a damn
>>
>>36574763
This thread just got deIeted, faggot.
>>
This is a question I came on here to ask, nice to see its already up and relatively fresh. But my question is kind of different.

I don't have the time to cook actual food so I have to get shakes. Problem is, all the ones I've had so far taste like complete ass. They'll be okay for 2 or 3 runs, but then I just want to vomit. Triple Chocolate has been the best so far but I wanted to try some others. I thought the Cookies and Cream would be good but oh boy that shit was awful. Strawberry is usually my favorite, but this is not the case with my protein. I haven't been able to find the Triple Chocolate again though and I'm down to about 20% of my Strawberry jug. What brand of protein shake do you buy, if you buy them? What flavor?

tldr protein powder brand and/or flavor that doesn't taste like hot ass? Where? Cost?
>>
>>36574763
The walmart one is good enough.

Expensive brands are better but way to expensive for what the really are.

Also this
>>36574825
>>
Ive used body fortress, it tasted like complete ass unless used with milk.

The arnold brand i found is the only one i can tolerate from walmart.tastes ok and mixes fairly well.
>>
>>36574825
All food is real food, nothing wrong with whey protein if you're in a rush
>>
I think six star tastes and mixes fine. Body fortress sucks on both counts
>>
>>36574825
>le dried milk isn't Le real food maymay

I love this one
>>
>>36574854
Protein powder can be cheaper per gram.

>>36574869
>>36575428
Funny because I think Body Fortress brand tastes fine. Maybe try vanilla with some almond milk.
>>
>>36575480

Like i said, body fortress was ok if mixed with milk. I try tp fond powders that mix well in water
>>
>>36574763
Jesus skullfucking Christ, whey is a by-product of the cheese making industry. It is and should be cheap as shit - the dairies are practically paying other companies to haul it away. Cheap is OK.
>>
>>36574763
There are 3rd party studies that you can and should check out that will tell you which proteins are good quality and which arnt. The arnold protein from walmart i seem to remeber getting a fairly high mark
>>
>>36574825
As a real true blue fisherman, I would never eat that.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.