[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Work is killing my gains. While loading boxes at UPS is intense
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1455727129939.jpg (148 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
1455727129939.jpg
148 KB, 480x640
Work is killing my gains.

While loading boxes at UPS is intense cardio for 4 hours five nights a week, the 5ish hours of sleep I get between work and school is killing me.

I've been eating a shitload to try my best to substitute, but can't I recover.

My knees, neck, back, and shoulders have been falling apart to the point that I can't lift heavy without stressing my joints.

wat do? new job? it's paying for school but i miss my 1.5/2.5/3.25/3.85
>>
quick bump, could I reduce my routine to the absolute basics such as compounds only to try and lower the impact?
>>
>>36573201
In the words of Arnold "you don't need 8 hours of sleep a night, sleep faster"
>>
>>36573201
You need to figure out a way to get more rest. I take a nap in between working preload and going to school. Also make sure you are lifting properly while working. A lot of people get in such a hurry, for obvious reason, that their form goes to crap and they waste energy.
>>
>>36573266
I pull sumo and it carries over damn well into work, trust me I'm the one shmuck that bends at the knee.

I think I'm gonna take just a little time off and fit a nap into my day somewhere.
>>
5 hours of sleep per night is just plain not enough. Something will suffer. Maybe it's your school, maybe your work, maybe your social life, and maybe your performance in the gym, but if you are stretched that thin, you won't be able to maximize your efficiency in all these areas of your life. That said, it seems as though you are putting in the maximum work possible and fucking crushing it overall. Keep on keepin' on, and when you are done with school, you will have that much more energy to devote to the other things in your life.
>>
>>36573201
Iktfb, I work in a meat department at a grocery store. shoulders and neck are constantly under stress.. id say reduce everything to higher rep work low intensity and only basics.
>>
>>36573310
Thanks, man, I've received nothing even close to kind words in a hell of a long time.
>>
>>36573201
>hard manual work AND school
Sometimes I feel like a different species to other people. I wanted to blow my brains out as a 9-5 wageslave in an easy office job. I know you don't work that long but if I had to come home from work only to go to school or study, fucking hell, why even live seriously.
>>
File: 1450910158807.jpg (109 KB, 350x440) Image search: [Google]
1450910158807.jpg
109 KB, 350x440
>>36573528
That's pretty much every day my bro, there is no god damn break.
>>
>>36573528
Like >>36573310 said, you just make it work because you have to. My sacrifice is my social life. I go to bed at 6 pm so I can be up at 2 am for work at 3. The advantage is that you are wide for class once you get to it if you manage your sleep schedule right. It only gets really bad in December when you switch to an 11 pm start time and have the same end time.
>>
>>36573266
The last part of this guys advice helped me alot. I work a fairly strenuous labour job and go to university as well, but I don't think my schedule is quite as crazy as yours. But if I feel my lower back is especially tired, or shoulders or anything then I just basically half the weight and or reps for that body part, really make sure I stretch, foam roll and ice and give them plenty of time to recover. If you don't feel like your body can handle the weight, it's alot better not to do it, and get back into it a few days or a week later, than fuck your shit up and have to stop for weeks and months.
>>
>>36573201
what schedule is your UPS shift?
I did overnight (liek 1am/4am to 9 am) over the winter break last year
it sucked dick.
I couldn't imagine doing that as a full time job, becoming an overnight zombie, inhaling truck fumes in the morning
moving boxes upon boxes upon boxes
>>
>>36574117
it makes no sense to me how somebody could spend 30 years at that fucking nightmare of a workplace.

There's this guy that's the top dog and he's worked here for 30 fuckin years and he still has to stack boxes just like all of the teen shits like me.

you never leave.

the box is death.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.