[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why aren't you training a martial art?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: 1416594109479.jpg (36 KB, 607x608) Image search: [Google]
1416594109479.jpg
36 KB, 607x608
Why aren't you training a martial art?
>>
>>36569447
why the fuck do you keep making this thread?
>>
>>36569447
Why do you keep asking this question with the same pic over and over?
>>
>>36569447
keep at it anon youll make a meme one day and get a raise at your social media wizard job
>>
File: image.jpg (12 KB, 300x207) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12 KB, 300x207
Does boxing count??
>>
File: xD.gif (621 KB, 480x304) Image search: [Google]
xD.gif
621 KB, 480x304
Fuck you
>>
I want to but I'm quite spergy and showing up to a random gym alone seems weird
>>
>>36570493
Of course bro it's one of the best
>>
It makes me sad to see Velma mistreated like this.
>>
The ability to fight isn't useful in modern society, but the perception that you can fight is.

Merely claiming that you can do a martial art is 99% as useful socially as being able to do one.
>>
>>36569447
because i have a knife you dumb cunt
>2016
>fighting with your hands
>>
File: Capture.jpg (23 KB, 218x463) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
23 KB, 218x463
Archery is technically a martial art.
>>
Because I don't fancy fedoras and my little pony.
>>
>>36569447
Because it doesn't pay the bills jackass.
Really though.
I go to a sport jujitsu gym currently. Its either live in the streets and be happy or be rich and fat.
>>
>>36569447
BJJ white belt with 4 strips. Preparing for a big tournament at the end of June. Will most likely get my bluebelt after it. Shits cash yo.
>>
>>36573935
you prepare for tournaments three months in advance?
>>
>>36571620
Having the knowledge of self defense, along with knowing what it's like to be punched at, taken down, or submitted will greatly improve your life in every aspect. And I'm not you talking about you being a macho man that goes around intimidating people. There's probably a thousand little things that learning and excelling at a martial art will help benefit you in. From confidence, to athleticism, to not going into panic mode and becoming insecure if you have an altercation with someone.

And as an adult, with a car and a job, let me tell you altercations CAN and WILL happen to you. Maybe not you, I don't know you, but if you're out and about everyday and interacting with people daily, you are bound to run into a nut here and there. Bodybuilding in the opposite route. Because gym rats are generally insecure about themselves, have body image issues and don't have an outlet to test themselves besides bench pressing. Trust me, learning how to box, or learning Jiu Jitsu will change your life.
>>
>>36573971
Yes. This is my first tournament, and it happens to be one of the biggest ones of the year. I'm nearing my blue belt and everyone says you should compete as a white belt because if you compete for your first time as a blue belt you will most likely have a hard time, just with the anxiety and experience of performing under pressure.

I already have bad anxiety so I want to try and be an absolute savage for the tourny.
>>
>>36569447
I kickbox at an amateur level. I've won 3/3 fights so far, but im not super motivated to go much further than this since I don't want to be struck in the head
>>
>>36569447
yeah, boxing. godly cardio, gitgud at jump rope, knock out motherfuckers with insane contempt. sheeeit, why ever do anything but boxing?
>>
>>36571589
Find a place that does conditioning classes, it's a good training wheel way to get your feet wet (there's also usually attractive girls who are usually quite friendly)

I still go to those classes once in a while to meet new people
>>
Boxing nerd YouTube's punch drills.

Sets, 2,duck,4,d,6,d,8,d,10,d ..keep going up until 20 and then back down to 2.

I found it easy but the first time I ever showed somebody I lost all discipline and it was like being a flippin nerd again.. Even my legs went.

Only doing it for fitness now.

Also learned an inch from a wall.. Guess what..

First time I showed somebody I was hitting the wall!..

I was like.. Ok then.. And kept going.

It was horrible. Never again.
>>
>>36569447
'Cause it's fucking expensive and far
>>
>>36574086

Also forgot to mention I wear wraps.

Do not ever attempt without wraps..

Only made it to 10 and back.. Even went one handed for few.

Genuine disappoint.
>>
>>36572216
"no"
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.