[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just lol, I'm such a beta bitch.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
I don't know how I explain it to you guys.

You ever feel like the time went so fast, you're all grown up but didn't really matue?

I'm 21, 110lbs and still an awkward shy dude, like a new highschooler who never learnt how to be confident.

Today I had to do a car accident report with the people who drove into me. Thank god I was with my father, because I was a real bitch.

How do I assert myself more, and be confident?
>>
>>36568626
I feel like I will never matue
>>
>>36568626
>21
>all grown up
nigga you a fucking baby
>>
>21
>110lbs

Please eat
>>
File: 1451853215653.jpg (62 KB, 750x724) Image search: [Google]
1451853215653.jpg
62 KB, 750x724
>>36568626
>>36568764
Yes

23, still can't grow any facial hair, and chubbyfat so I'm low test as fuck.

It didn't help that some arab dude who literally married his cousin told me he thought I was 17 when I was talking with him at the hospital a couple weeks ago
>>
r>>36568626
>I'm 21, 110lbs and still an awkward shy dude
Its over
>>
that's what you get for never leaving your comfort zone m8
fucking do shit you have to do, even if you don't feel like it. if you keep at it you'll change.
>>
>>36568626
I know you think it, but 21 really isn't that old. You are finally old enough to start figuring life out without as many roadblocks.

To be more confident, you have to do two things - attempt to be confident as often as you can - which is something you learn to do as you go. You'll fail at being confident, and that's fine. Just try to be confident the next time.

The second thing you have to do is be in situations that require you to be confident. The more hobbies and activities you have outside the house, the more social situations you are in, the more opportunities you have to be confident in, the more you can practice. So you need effort, and opportunities in order to build confidence.

I'm 28 now, and remember being 21. You are right about not feeling mature at that age, like a high schooler.I think the reason men today aren't as confident is because we don't have as many situations where we need to be confident since life is so much more convenient today than it was 50 or more years ago, plus women are more equal today, so they take many opportunities men used to have to develop themselves. Take that as you will, just my opinion.

I'm not saying you need to join the military, but I had no father, and was on the more antisocial side. Joining the military forced me to be in situations where I literally have no other option but to lead. I manage a few other people and even write their performance reports, delegate tasks, etc. Needing to tell other people what to do has certainly helped me build my confidence, so perhaps it will work for you if you can find a leadership role through volunteer work.
>>
people somehow have this idea that when you're 18+ you've grown up. fuck that, ain't over EVER.

kid, take it easy and get to know yourself, your strenghts and weaknesses and such. *grow grow grow*
>>
>>36568926
>t-thanks
>>
>Be 23
>Gf recently turned 21
>She has had more sexual experiences than me
>She has a better job than me
>She is more confident and secure than me
>If we broke up she would have more options than me

It is hard as fuck to build your confidence with this in your face, but in my experience I have just really focused on myself. I started lifting seriously, spending a minimum of 1 hour in the gym and doing slow controlled reps to make sure the gains are there. Started to eat healthy, started to go out more and talk to as many people as possible, even if it is bullshit like asking a store associate where something is or making small talk while in line. In the end you are only as confident as you believe yourself to be, so convince yourself that you are the confident alpha male that you aspire to be, and one day you will be.
>>
Eat more, work out, get big. You obviously have a low self image so if you can become more physically attractive it'll help your confidence. It probably won't make you alpha but at least you'll look and feel better. Just keep consciously improving yourself. Do things that you've never done. Go to a club. Pick up an active hobby that you can talk to people about (video games and little girl cartoons do not count).
It's a hard journey and will take a long time. You'll need motivation to keep yourself going and how you find that motivation is up to you. You can do it mang, make a change, don't be a bitch for the rest of your life.
Good luck you sexy man you
>>
>>36568626
>4chan
>manchildren
surely not
>>
>>36568626
You'll never mature if you sit at home all day online or playing video games. Maturity comes from life experiences.
>>
>>36568626
Men who aren't alpha usually don't mature until age 25-29. Don't sweat it.
>>
>>36568802
>Memes
>Butthurt about compliments
Yup, immature as fuck
>>
File: 1454266496453.jpg (161 KB, 1890x1417) Image search: [Google]
1454266496453.jpg
161 KB, 1890x1417
>>36569358
>he has a problem with memes
>implying that "hey you look like you're still a high school junior" is a compliment when you're a 23 year old guy

Is this bait?
>>
>>36569037
Stop being a bitch; don't blame your insecurities on your girlfriends success. Your confidence doesn't come from your job, salary or education. If you want to define yourself through those things you'll never be confident.

By the way, my gf has a masters degree and a career, and I'm still a junior in college. She never understands how I'm "so confident and laid back". It's called life is short and material things are fleeting. The universe and the Earth are huge, complicated mechanisms. At the end up the day, our problems with ourselves and our environments are just not worth getting hung up over in the big picture.

Play the game, just don't get obsessed with it.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.