[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shoulder pains
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (119 KB, 1000x615) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
119 KB, 1000x615
Guys help

I was doing OHP last night and had to stop on the second set because I started getting a deep pain in the right shoulder, and I can faintly feel it sometimes, very rarely, such as when I am typing this.

It's hard to explain, I can feel it when I move into certain positions or put a certain amount of force on it, but when I have it rested I feel fine.

Now what the fuck is going on because this is holding back my progress, I had to deload on OHP and even then I still couldn't do it.

This is the second time it has happened, first time it went away the next day and I continued but now it came back and I am worried.

It also really only seems to happen after doing squats heavy, which is fucking weird. I am contemplating just dropping squats completely.
>>
>>36564773

These will kill your shoulders.

>behind neck ohp

> db incline bench shoulder press, in 90° angle.

> Lateral raises with anterior tilt

forget ohp, it just fucks you up.

Dont do lateral raises with anterior tilts. So when you lateral rais, make sure your hand palms are facing upwards.

When you do db incline shoulder press, point your arms/elbows in a 45° angle, NOT FURTHER.

I started having shoulder pain 2 months ago, and it gone now because i adjusted my exercises or got rid of shitty exercises like Behind neck ohp
>>
>>36564862

Also watch these

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5sNYB1Q6aM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sw3r2lytys8
>>
>>36564862
>>36564873
watching these now

I'm currently on SL 5x5
Everyone says OHP is king to build massive and strong shoulders
Is it worth substituting these dumb bell shoulder presses for OHP, still doing 5x5 at a weight I can manage with progressive overload?
>>
>>36564862
>>36564873
Also dude I never said in my post I am doing behind neck OHP

I'm doing the 'correct' one, the one suggested by SS and SL, and basically everyone else. That video said to do what I am already doing.

Not sure where to from here.
>>
File: image.png (345 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
345 KB, 750x1334
>>36564773
Could be impingement or rotator cuff issues. The forced external rotation when the shoulders are in the squat position could be bothering it before pressing. Rest, stretch, and ice it. Go see a doctor / physical therapist.
>>
File: image.png (370 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
370 KB, 750x1334
2/2
>>
>>36564961
>>36564972
Thanks dude, I'll have a look. This is what I dreaded, I've read a lot about shoulder impingement and how it's basically ended guys lifting careers. I have barely started and already got this shit.

Do you think you can post the full link for PDF?
>>
>>36564961
this
>>
File: 1459245474087-657006468.jpg (954 KB, 2688x1520) Image search: [Google]
1459245474087-657006468.jpg
954 KB, 2688x1520
>>36564975
Flex your arm and internally rotate. If this reproduces your symptoms, you've got a subacromial impingement probs.
>>
>>36565004
Just did it, and yeah, I feel it, but it's very faint

Well fuck this. Looks like it's over for me gents, before it even began ;-(
>>
>>36564773
Can you do the back-to-wall shoulder flexion test? You can probably find it on Youtube. Basically if you can't raise your arms to vertical while keeping your low back touching the wall, then your shoulder mobility is shit and something will go wrong if you try to do overhead presses.

>>36564862
>>36564873
>>36564939
The mindless hate against Behind-the-neck presses needs to stop. You need very good shoulder mobility to perform them, but if you do have the prerequisite mobility they're not only harmless but actually a very, very good exercise for not only strengthening the entire shoulder girdle but also stretching out both your pectoralis major and minor that have a tendency to shorten and become tight.

If you try to BTN presses without the prerequite shoulder mobility then that's exactly like doing buttcheeks-to-ankles squats or deficit deadlifts without good hip mobility - It's just not going to end well! The only difference is that takes a more well-trained eye to spot when somebody aren't performing the BTN press properly.

Also, I'm normally a fan of Jeff and I think he puts out a lot of good videos, but this one on BTN pressing is shit. It's only half the truth. He completely neglects to mention that the scapulae can actually move around, retract and upwardly rotate to make room for the humerus to move in the frontal plane without impinging anything. But once again, it takes good shoulder mobility to do so.
>>
>>36565042
Pin up your felch flaps mate, no need to fall over at the first hurdle. Get some physio in you, maybe some steroid injections. You can get a subacromial shave usually if it's affecting your life. Take it easy bruhsiph.
>>
>>36565042
Happened to me last december and I'm still healing. The pain is now super faint but is still there.

You have to rest like a week or two and then you have to keep lifting but with superlight weights in a way that you feel the pain but it doesn't get worse while you're moving. Then you can increase the weight like you would with SL. This is to avoid you getting stiff in that shoulder.
>>
>>36565063
Rest completely or just stop OHP?

I don't feel this pain *at all* when benching, and I am doing really well on that. Literally all other exercises were sweet up until squatting heavy and then trying OHP after.
>>
Anybody had positive results with shoulder dislocations with broomstick exercise? I've heared they're great for fixing shoulder problems.
>>
File: png2013-05-13-15h52m44s164.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
png2013-05-13-15h52m44s164.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
Shoulder flexibility seems to be such a huge issue in society.

Don't know why this shit isn't all over the news. My shoulders are fucked. Completely fucked.
>>
>>36565084
Should be just OHP, but as I got heavier with all the other lifts (eg. benching) it started hurting with those. What I did was just deload all the lifts. With OHP I did a complete deload and I just moved the bar.

It's difficult to just deload like that and go back to zero, I know that feel. But this will heal in about two months if you're lucky. I've heard it can take up to half a year!
>>
>>36565114
i know that feel
>>
>>36565105
>I've heared they're great for fixing shoulder problems.
Depends entirely on what's causing your problems. But it's a good way to stretch shit.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.