[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If I'm aiming to lose a lot of weight, but also to put on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: 1459152698762.jpg (105 KB, 780x505) Image search: [Google]
1459152698762.jpg
105 KB, 780x505
If I'm aiming to lose a lot of weight, but also to put on some muscle mass, what kinda caloric defecit should I be looking at (if any?).

I'm currently 105kg (230 pounds) and it's mostly fat, so I want to lose a lot of that. But I also want to gain some muscle mass via lifting, I don't just want to end up skinnyfat.
>>
I have the perfect link for you

http://liamrosen.com/fitness.html
>>
>>36564728
>requires willing partner
>>
>>36564934
I've read the sticky, it doesn't really answer my question in anything more than very vague terms, unless I missed something.
>>
>>36565592
You didn't but i feel nice so here http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/adding-muscle-while-losing-fat-qa.html
>>
>>36564728

Losing fat and gaining muscle are, for the most part, mutually exclusive. Pick which one you want to do first, and then switch between the two every few months or whatever.
>>
>>36565035
>>36565035
kek
>>
Figure out your total daily energy expenditure (TDEE), reduce by 500.

Start a couch to 5K (C25K App is free). You'll gain like 15 lbs of muscle in the first month, but then you'll lose fat like crazy. Read a few articles about running form, and try to think about anything other than running when you're actually doing it.

Start cross training early, and it'll make the later runs easier.

Remember: just be consistent. there will be days, weeks even, where you feel like nothing is happening. Something is happening, just keep going.
>>
>>36564728
log everything u eat for some weeks regardless if its over or under and just get in that habit. then start cutting like 100-200 calories and just keep it going untill you're where you want. it's so fucking easy
>>
>>36567402
500 is too much for average fatties. You'll feel that craving too much. Unless op likes salad he is fucked
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.