[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are these snake oil, or these things will actually stop my hands
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: s-l1600.jpg (50 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
50 KB, 800x800
Are these snake oil, or these things will actually stop my hands from opening and dropping the bar during DLs. I am on a point where I can DL more than 2 times my own weight but my grip is weak.
>>
>>36563136

They work, but they have their limits.

You'll want to add in grip work if you're going to use straps for your deadlifting, or the disparity will tend to get worse - in extreme cases you get guys who fail because their grip goes even with straps.
>>
>>36563136
They're fine for what they are. It's all about the gains so as long as you can lift then that's all that matters
>>
A must have. How the fuck would they even be snake oil?
>>
>>36563136
BW ratio lifts do not matter. If you're not pulling at least 5.5 plate, do not bother. Just train your grip strength. You'll get juicy forearms in the process. I only say to use straps when hand/callus tears become a common problem with frequently deadlifting with large numbers and grip is not an issue. Also, invest in chalk.
>>
>>36563387
>If you're not pulling at least 5.5 plate, do not bother.

God damm /fit/ says some dumb shit.
>>
>>36563136
Get stronger.
>>
>>36563412
What part of that is dumb? 5.5 plate was generous. Your grip is weak as shit if you need straps at weights lower than that. Your forearms are likely stringy as hell to go with that. Straps are typically worn by pussies who would rather wear a band-aid then fix their weaknesses.
>>
Straps work if you use them as intended. I don't use them to aid my grip on heavy compounds, that's gay as hell.

I use them to isolate parts of my body. For instance, I want to hit a bunch of back stuff (pullups, rows, etc) without obliterating my forearms, I use straps.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.