[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /fit/ I'm trying to figure out how to increase strength
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: opm.jpg (52 KB, 697x635) Image search: [Google]
opm.jpg
52 KB, 697x635
Hey /fit/ I'm trying to figure out how to increase strength without increasing size, is that a thing or am i stupid?
>>
>m-mommy said not to get too big and be a big scary meat head!

fuck off you little dickhead you sound like my friend
>>
>>36562781
No nigger, I like my size, I just want to be able to do more strength-wise
>>
>>36562795
Yeah, just keep eating at maintenance and doing progressive overload. forget about this sperglord>>36562781
>>
>>36562759
Heavy compounds
3x3
>>
>>36562759
Body weight excersises, you will still grow but wont be anywhere near as what you would grow with weights, whilst still being stronger then the average person.
>>
>>36562759
Only do 3x5
>>
File: control.jpg (117 KB, 468x714) Image search: [Google]
control.jpg
117 KB, 468x714
>>36562759
You're stupid.

If you like strength, you are going to have to swallow your pride and lift/eat like a big boy. This is how strength training works.

You don't get much stronger without getting bigger. Anime has lied to you.
>>
>>36563200
But I'm only looking to get a bit stronger than a person usually would be at my size, I already know I won't be able to lift something twice my weight without a little bit more mass, I'm just looking to raise a bar for myself a bit and get a little self esteem here.
>>
>>36563246
then simply workout, you dont get size by working out you get size from eating. Eat like you would normally eat and lift often.
/thread
>>
PT here just an opinion but
>>36562815
>>36562819
>>36563002
are pretty much in the ballpark
>>36562781
>>36563200
are essentially meatheds who can't even fully arms at their sides while standing still because "Muh Lats Bruh"
you do you OP
>>
>>36563279
>>36563273
>>36563002
>>36562931
>>36562819
>>36562815
I'm glad I'm actually getting help here instead of just being told to suck dick for protein. Seriously appreciate it.
>>
>>36563246
That is a shitty goal. Why fuck a 6 when you can get the ten with just a bit more effort?
>>
Strength is a function of neural factors and muscular factors. Once you’ve hit a point of diminishing returns for the neural factors, your strength potential will be determined by how much muscle you can build.

http://strengtheory.com/your-drug-free-muscle-and-strength-potential-part-1/
>>
>>36562759
Idk man ive been getting stronger erryday since i was 7, and uh bigger by the day baby.. i think like if you do bodyweight youll get stronger and not bigger but im p sure the is like a cap to how "strong" u get with body weight
>>
>>36562759
Also train low rep range, preferably singles for almost all your heavy lifts. You can do lighter off days, but for your real workout days you should stick with lower volume
>>
Sure you can!
Eat normal but train hard and everyday!
You will se, you will become stronger and will look much better but dont get significant bigger!
>>
>Just lift and eat maintenance
>Not getting it this hard

Yeah, do more exercise and don't give your body the nutrients to recover. You'll get stronger to begin with but you'll either start eating more or stop progressing quick!
>Thinking low reps won't make you grow at all
Look at any powerlifter ever

You could just lift and eat enough calories and see how it goes. You'll get bigger but VERY SLOWLY. If you don't like it, stop, but you might realise you like it.

>>36564485
I think this guys right, you won't get very big off body weight exercises but you'll get decently stronger.
Look up martial arts body weight programs, fighters don't want to be bulky.
You'll also get the immediate confirmation of being able to do an extra rep today, to make you feel like you're getting stronger despite how much you're limiting yourself :^)

You might also wanna be more specific...
> I just want to be able to do more strength-wise
Like what, do more what? Strength-wise? Be specific and it will be much easier to help.
>>
File: 1456887451331.jpg (40 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
1456887451331.jpg
40 KB, 500x374
>>36562759
I heard if you run do squats pushups and sit ups everyday you can beat everything in one punch you weeb faggot. You get stronger by getting bigger you faggot eat big to get big
>>
>>36562759
yes, muscle density and muscle neural connections allow you to be functionally stronger at the same size
if you lower your bf% you could pack on more muscle while staying at the same "size"

however, you are likely underestimating how hard it is to put on a significant amount of muscle, and how nearly impossible it is to become the FUCKHUEG you are afraid of becoming
>>
>>36567038
Active people who do daily calisthenics are always stronger then people who do not.
Someone who is natural and has worked with their hands every day, and bent their backs ON TOP of doing involved daily calisthenics will be light years stronger then a natural who lifts for strength for 3 times a week in a gym.

That is just how things are.
>>
Its literally called Olympic Weight Lifting.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.