[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what is up with the sticky link on alcohol consumption? >For
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6
File: detarkottsomtalar.jpg (39 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
detarkottsomtalar.jpg
39 KB, 400x300
what is up with the sticky link on alcohol consumption?

>For alcohol to significantly lower testosterone, you need to do some serious drinking. ~120 g alcohol, the equivalent of 10 beers, will lower testosterone by 23% for up to 16 hours after the drinking binge
>serious drinking
>10 beers

>One study examined the hormonal response to post-workout alcohol consumption using 70-80 g alcohol, equivalent to 6-7 beers. Talk about "optimizing" nutrient timing. Anyway, despite this hefty post-workout drinking binge
>hefty drinking binge of 6-7 beers

is this written for 12 year old girls or something? 10 beers is "quiet night at home watching some movies and going to bed early" not "serious drinking". sounds like the author is desperately trying to convince himself that drinking while training is ok to use these ridiculous figures in his math.
>>
not just about the test
alcohol inhibits protein synthesis
that means no gains
no times for games
only gainz
>>
op i'm pretty sure you're an alcohol
>>
>>36555380
oh I'm 100% with you I'm just quoting this article that's linked in the sticky which is defending alcohol usage

http://www.leangains.com/2010/07/truth-about-alcohol-fat-loss-and-muscle.html
>>
>>36555397
Sticky old af desu senpai
no one actually looks at that shit
its just something we yell at normies and newfags
>>
>10 beers is quiet night at home

Anon...
>>
Watch out guys, badass coming in HOT. OP, you sound like a 19 yr old faggot trying to brag about how you can slam 10+ beers. I'm sure you pound cock just as well as you do beers. Please die
>>
>>36555413
I know but it's not like the human body or alcohol has either changed much in 3 years
>>
OP just because your life is a mess and 10 beers by yourself has become normal to you, doesn't mean it's any less shitty for your body.
>>
>>36555428
who the fuck brags about how much they can drink? you must be 18 yourself that this is the first though you had.

and a reminder we're talking about TEN BEERS. nobody's "at their limit" after TEN FUCKING BEERS so why would even a teenager brag about 10 beers lmao
>>
>>36555380
How long does it inhibits protein synthesis? Going out for some drinking next friday, but i don't want to lose my gains?
>>
>>36555361
Maybe 10 american beers, which ARE NOT beers. Stupid "bug light" shit with 2% alcohol is a girl drink. Beers have 4.5% or more, and my favourite beer is 9% (Tennent's Super)
>>
I've got a serious drinking problem. Evertime I go out, I overdo it. Luckily I only go out 1 once or twice a month. Last time there was an anonymous breathalyser survey at the club, my friend got a reading of 0.8 and i got a reading of 2.8 % BAC.

I always tell myself to stop drinking that much, but once im drunk I keep drinking more or people get me more drinks.
>>
I feel like OP went to his first party on the weekend and is just excited to tell all his 4chan friends how much he drinks.
>>
Not OP but the first time I got drunk at age 14 I drank 15 beers. 12 beers was the amount everyone brought with them in MIDDLE SCHOOL to get drunk on fridays. As an adult the default packaging of beer to buy is 24 and it is by far the most sold in grocery stores, something like 80%+ is sold in 24 packs in this country.

Americucks just cant handle alcohol and expect the whole world to be as cucked.
>>
>>36555416
I'm always amazed at the amount of alcohol some people on this board claim to drink.
>>
File: 125632412.png (621 KB, 976x809) Image search: [Google]
125632412.png
621 KB, 976x809
>Hardly ever drink
>get drunk easily
>>
>>36555543
I'm always amazed by how little foreigners drink. I'm Finnish and here it's common for people to "not get drunk from beer". You get tipsy sure but you don't get drunk. Only hard liqour or serious wine drinking can get you drunk. I don't drink anymore but when I did I'd always get 30+ beers and though my evenings did run into the morning I'd go to bed only after I ran out. Often I'd go back to the store to buy more. Because I didn't drink vodka so I was still perfectly functioning.

10 beers is something a regular adult male buys if he plans to have a quiet evening of getting slightly tipsy for an hour or two before going to bed.
>>
>>36555361
European beers
>>
File: 1385075237637.gif (2 MB, 300x290) Image search: [Google]
1385075237637.gif
2 MB, 300x290
>People being proud of being alcoholics
>>
>>36555656
I am European. Though I was thinking a beer = 330ml bottle/can and not a pint so I'm not sure which one the author meant.
>>
>>36555453
10 beers is five liters of 5-6 vol % alcohol. This is indeed a lot.
>>
>>36555659
literally NO ONE in this thread has implied any pride. it's just your little teenage mind that associates drinking large quantities with pride.

I for one WISH I could go out for a night of "heavy drinking" at it would mean 10 beers but let's be realistic here.
>>
>>36555709
You're the one talking shit to people who can't drink as much as you. Seems like you're pretty proud to me ;^)
>>
>>36555532
danish? same here
>>
>>36555722
this is literally some american only shit. why would anyone be proud of having a high tolerance to a narcotic meaning they have to PAY MORE to DRINK MORE to get the same effect? that's purely a negative trait you fucking moron
>>
>drinking a six pack alone at home
>expecting to ever get a six pack without gear
Pick one
>>
Jesus christ what a shit thread.
>>
>>36555497
Maybe it was .28% 2.8% would kill you no matter what. It would mean your blood was essentially a light beer
>>
I guess this thread served as a daily reminder that American adult males can handle their alcohol worse than 14 year old Finnish girls. I wasn't attempting to bait and wished for a serious realistic discussion about alcohol consumption but if you fuckers are going to be this way then you can have this thread to yourselves for all I care.

OP out
>>
>>36555456
You won't lose gainz but you don't get any either.
>>
>>36555621
What's the volume and abv of this piss water you call beer? 300ml cans at 4% is not exactly a strong beer.
>>
>>36555826
>"You guys weren't impressed by my beer drinking, so I'm leaving"

Good riddance
>>
>>36555621
I used a few calculators you can find online and if you input 30 beers in 12 hours for a 80kg male, the result is always "you'd probably be in a coma or dead right now"

and this was using 330ml beers with 4,5% alcohol, which is the norm in Finland.

why are you so full of shit?
>>
File: image.gif (2 MB, 250x240) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 250x240
>>36555747
Why so mad underage alcoholic senpai?
>>
File: image.jpg (87 KB, 650x830) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87 KB, 650x830
>>36555933
Literally this
>>
>>36555453
10 actual 500ml beers.
>>
Drinking that much isn't something you should brag about. I would recommend 10+ sessions of therapy instead
>>
White 180lb Canadian guy here.

6 drinks in a couple hours will get me drunk. I think that the most I've ever drank without being violently ill is a 350ml bottle of whisky.

My big guy friends can drink Maybe 18 beer(not American pisswater beer) before they're hammered.

Apparently Nordic people can hold their liquor much better than North Americans. 10 beer to yourself for an evening is Native American levels of alcohol abuse, I can't even fathom what it would take to get that kind of person drunk.

>You will never have a tall Finnish girl drink you under the table and carry you back to her apartment for snu snu.
>>
File: image.jpg (12 KB, 199x184) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12 KB, 199x184
>>36556111
>Literally my fetish
>>
>>36555933
>he's still stuck on "impressed by alcohol comsumption"
how's high school?
>>
>>36555945
>weighing 80kg
why are you such a little fuccboi?
>>
>>36556815
>Say you're gonna leave
>stick around anyway
;^)
>>
>>36555453
It depends if we are talking about some bud light shit piss 0,33 ml or german 0,5 real beers.
>>
>>36555945
lolwat, i guess amerifags really cant drink like europeans

>swedish
>started drinking at 13, at first we got 6 beers each
>btw the standard swedish beers im referring to are 330ml and usually 5+%
>at 14-15 start drinking more, can now drink 12 beers
>at 16 went on away football game in bus caravans filled with fans, on an entire day i always drank atleast 24 beers and some booze too
>went on drinking like a madman, a night out meant like a liter of vodka and 8 beers
>never ever walk funny or get impaired speech, starting random fights etc, but never remember much from my nights out
>now 23, not drinking as frequently and when i do i never drink more than 15 cans or so unless i start drinking early, the hangovers are just too much

its not cool to drink alot. but seriously, 10 beers is not heavy drinking
>>
This is the gayest thread on /hm/ right now
>>
I could never drink much because after anything more than two beers (500ml each) I have to pee every 5-10 minutes. It's already awkward enough going to the toilet 5 times in the time everyone else goes once, so being one of those "I drank twelve beers dude" guys never entered my mind. I also almost always get nauseous if I drink myself past buzzed. It's like my body just rejects alcohol.

Is anyone else like this?
>>
>>36555532
Where I lived in Canada a 24 pack costs $45
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.