[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on krav maga? Anyone been training it on here? How effective
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8
File: hqdefault.jpg (9 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
9 KB, 480x360
Thoughts on krav maga? Anyone been training it on here? How effective is it? How long does it take to get into?
>>
>>36552239
>>36552239
My fit chad friend did it for 3 years, the second he added bodybuilding and bjj, the third he added muay thai
he literally could kick ass of the 90% of my town and the 99% of people his age
do it OP, it makes you get into the defensive mentality, you start noticing things other won't notice otherwise and also raises your stress adaption levels, so it will be very easy to react even in stressfull situation
don't trust /pol/, is not a meme
>>
File: rich_pana.jpg (46 KB, 526x568) Image search: [Google]
rich_pana.jpg
46 KB, 526x568
Literally fedora-fu

Kill yourself jason bourne
>>
>>36552326
literally your meme sucks, if you want to protect yourself from idiots with knives, jew-jitsu is breddy gud
>>
File: 1446694257324.png (2 MB, 1172x888) Image search: [Google]
1446694257324.png
2 MB, 1172x888
>>36552239
its a meme martial art that gets BTFO as soon as some DS doesn't follow their choreography.

pick what ever strike sport and then pick a grapple sport and boom, Unstoppable as a .45 acp
>>
>>36552334
fuck off with your bullshit choreography, you or anyone on this board never trained anything, kravmaga is probably the most legit thing if you're looking to protect yourself from street idiots
>>
>>36552334
>>36552330
>>36552326

it's shit by itself. maybe good in terms of being more aware of danger in public settings etc but you can't eye gouge and ball shot your way through all your problems

go learn a striking and/or grappling martial art if you don't feel like wasting your time
>>
>>36552239
>learning martial arts for self defense
Buy a gun. If someone tries to rob you he'll do it with a gun and no amount of kung fu is going to stop him if he's a decent distance away.
>>
>>36552343
this anon knows what he talks about
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 500x375
>why yes, I train krav maga when I'm not training functional strength
>>
>learning some made jew shit "martial arts"
>>
there's fuckload of shitty scam krav maga schools and instructors, hard to tell difference between the legit ones... in glasgow there's polish lad that is 100% legit and teaches for over a decade now
>>
File: 1455395058145.png (58 KB, 160x185) Image search: [Google]
1455395058145.png
58 KB, 160x185
>>36552342
It's literally been combat proven to be useless and full of fluff

Army fu does a hell of a lot better which is at least relavent.

>its the HIND of the martial arts world
>>
it's pretty good shit, ignore the contrarians. Everyone wants to look like hot shit nowadays
>>
>>36552239
fucking meme-tier martial arts. Theres a reason only weaboos teach that shit, because its shit. Unless you're part of the jew-army dont bother trying to learn it.
>>
>>36552330
What krav maga moves do i need to learn to protect my feelings?
>>
>>36552239
you don't train live. it's as useful as katas at a mcdojo.
>>
I have had nearly a hundred Street fights and have been asked to join the ufc and bellator (look them up), but i don't like the rules in the organisations sports so i stick to the street fighting.

I win most of my fights with grabbing my opponents (wrestling) and then knees to the groin (mu thai).

My record is 89 wins, and 4 losses. The losess were against guys who were used to fighting on sand and beaches and we were fighting on the beach.

If anyone wants training in London, i can give me Skype address.
>>
Krav manga? I'm on a cut and crave mangos.

Triple lol
>>
>>36552259
As someone not entirely clueless in combat sports I can tell you that your friend is a badass because of the MT, BJJ and lifting, and not because fucking krav maga.

A guy who did MT for a year could fucking destroy any KM pretender. Most of them (KM "masters") are local McDojo clowns.

Generally combat sport>martial art with a few exceptions here and there.
>>
>>36552344
>Buy a gun
Worst advice ever. First you have a noob at self-defence. Now you have a noob at self-defence + a robber with a gun, rather than with a knife.
Never ever carry a weapon if you aren't both trained and committed to use it. A gun sucks at self-defence, no matter how you silly merkins crave to defend your fucking right to Columbine and shit

>>36553000
>>36552326
>>36552334

>I happen to be a expert on this topic and I'm a Jedi master
Yeah, sure, whatever. 99.99% of the niggers out there aren't Jedi master and something even less "violent" than krav maga can be _good enough_; the aim isn't to fight in Mortal Kombat or something.
If it's good enough for one of the notoriously most violent police forces in the world, it's probably good enough for OP and OP's friends.
>>
>>36552239

It is a blend of martial arts, a mixed martial arts so to say.The purpose is that turbo victims become not that much of a victim. You get a confidence boost, do some cardio shit, and learn somewhat straight punches.
Enough to fend off casual aggressors.

You definitely don't learn how to fight.
>>
If you want to fight good, go and do either:
>boxing
>muay thai

and
>BJJ

Perhaps all three, bodybuilding isn't going to make you a better fighter, oly lifting would be better for developing that type of strength.
>>
It might be good for close hand-to-hand combat, but never -- and I mean NEVER -- trust ANY system that tells you how to defend against a knife.

If someone pulls a knife, there is no defensive system that will prevent you from getting sliced/stabbed other than booking it the FUCK out of there.
>>
>>36552343
> ball shot your way through all your problems

thats how I solve all my problems and I havent trained a single MA.

My motto is

a) avoid a fight
b) run away if deescalation is not possible
c) if running away is not possible either, fuck that guy

A clean kneestrike to the balls and then I gtfo away. If knee is not an option fiststrike or just plain grab and smash. I can hold a bar loaded with 200kg and pull it up, 2 soft testicles are like air to my grip.

Unless you're a competetive fighter doing actual fighting as a sport or in a movie, you should not "fight" but "make sure you win by any means neccessary, if you cant avoid the fight"
>>
>>36553311
Lmao so much bullshit
>>
It's shit. No sparring, you don't learn to take hits, you don't learn how fight properly on the ground (where most fights end within seconds). It is as helpful as Aikido or some women self defense class at your local gym. Better than nothing but you are better off with BJJ, MT or even judo or wrestling.
Also this
>>36553311
>>
File: 1452638931531.jpg (268 KB, 736x721) Image search: [Google]
1452638931531.jpg
268 KB, 736x721
>>36553311
triple dubs of truth
>>
>>36553353
This. Everyone I know who has to fight on the street either acts passive agressive to every chad he sees or doesn't know when he should shut up.
>>
>>36553382
I've been in half a dozen self defense situations and not a single one ended on the ground. Stop falling for the BJJ propaganda

Also, who has a better chance of survival, the guy who has pressure tested against a live opponent w a marker knife, or a guy who has never done any training against a knife because
>lmao I'd just run away
Go cry into your Tapout shirt
>>
>>36553451
>who has a better chance of survival, the guy who has pressure tested against a live opponent w a marker knife, or a guy who has never done any training against a knife

Both have the same chance. Knife attacks can be fast and brutal no matter how much someone "trains" for them.

It is better to get away than to think you can handle it and end up with a sliced artery.
>>
>>36552239
punching throats and kicking groins are very easy, anon
no need to learn a meme art made by jews that is krappy mango
>>
>>36552239
depends on the instructor, but I wouldn't try controlling a knife like in your pic. If the guy with the knife was even a little strong he could twist the knife to break that "hold" slicing down to damage either the tendons in the arm or slicing the forearm muscle either way it's no bueno.
>>
>>36553486
Lol that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard
>>
>>36553554
What the fuck did you just say to me?

*unzips katana*

Step back, kid.
>>
I don't know what that nig in the pic is doing, but that seems like the worst self defense technique ever.
>>
I live in a shithole and I used to work as a guard as mass events and clubs for a few years.

Best advice I can give? Carry an extendable. I've been in numerous fights on the streets and at work where it was sometimes, say 8 vs 30 approximately, and it can save your ass 99% of times. At work we used longer ones because they are good at crowd control, but I usually carry really short one on me, it fits in your pocket easily, not noticible even in summer clothing. It's good vs knives, bottles, sticks, metal poles and basicly everything people grab during a fight and belive me - if shit goes down, there are no longer rules and the only fights I fought 1 vs 1 were pretty much personal and isolated incidents. Thinking some bar fight is gonna end 1 vs 1 if it started like this? Nah m8, as soon as the opponent starts losing, his friends will jump your fucking head. Drunk fucks wandering the city at night won't be too kind either, your bare fists won't help you if you get surrounded, so it's only fair if you shatter some bones with your extandable.
>>
File: 1397418487182.png (562 KB, 463x634) Image search: [Google]
1397418487182.png
562 KB, 463x634
>>36552239
it's over hyped but the situation analysis aspect of it is pretty good if you have a good trainer.
Most people ie Women and bitchniggas who do krav just aren't really ready for what a martial art actually requires of a practitioner.
Personally, I think Krav is for pussies, Sambo and Kali are a better combo imo.
The fact is no single martial art is total if you want to really be an effective fighter/martial artist/person who won't get murked in a street fight you need to do some research look around for what suits you.
Take Bruce's advice "The best fighter is not a Boxer, Karate or Judo man. The best fighter is someone who can adapt on any style. He kicks too good for a Boxer, throws too good for a Karate man, and punches too good for a Judo man."

Sorry if I sound like an edgelord but Martial Arts is one of the few interests in my life that I actually seriously give a damn about.
>>
>>36553576
*uses his extensive anti-katana training to disarm you*
*throws you to the ground and points your own katana at your throat*

Heh maybe you should have listened
>>
>>36553652
HA! You merely fought a mirage.

*creeps up behind you and slits your neck with my demon-infused katana blade folded by master Ishizo*

Nothing personnel, kid.
>>
>>36553668
*as the blood spews from the man's neck you see his face slowly morph into a man you once knew*
Heh, I see you fell for my transformation technique. How does it feel to kill your former master?

*jumps down from a tree, lands with one knee on the ground and one hand on my blade*
Now the real battle begins
>>
Its probably like all other martial arts which rely on the wow factor and exoticism: unless you do it in the exact right circumstances (ie in the israeli army or wherever its from) you'll get a gimmicky and watered down version if you attempt to learn it.

its the same with kung fu, taekwondo etc. you learn tricks and gimmicks and little else.

if you want to be a fighting badass, do boxing, BJJ and muay thai.
>>
>>36553311
thruth right here
>>
>>36553699
wouldve loved to see where this ends
>>
>>36552239
learned some in IDF boot camp.
It turns you into a fucking machine. you learn to hit and just keep hitting until your enemy stops moving. you practice punching a bag while two people are punching at your sides.
Later you practice a fuck ton of knife defences, you practice getting jumped.
If you're are not on your knees and weezing by the end of the training session, you are not learning krav maga
having said all that, it's just not fun. I much rather learn muay thai, which is a ring oriented sport that won't even teach how to punch without a glove. because I actually enjoy learning it. No one would stay in a real krav maga place unless they knew they needed to use it very soon.
>>
>>36553311
literally the first thing they said in Krav Maga class -
"If someone pulls a knife on you, you either run, or you get cut."
>>
>>36552239
Parkour and tricking is way better for self defense. Even a mediocre parkour practitioner can run away from even the best krav Jew, whereas even the best krav master can be chased down by an intermediate trickster. I've yet to meet a single martial art master who I wasn't able to run away from
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.