[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I was just thinking about this the other day Why do you lift?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 220px-Christopher_Lasch.jpg (7 KB, 220x165) Image search: [Google]
220px-Christopher_Lasch.jpg
7 KB, 220x165
I was just thinking about this the other day

Why do you lift?

I lift for a few reasons:
>health
especially when I'm older
>vanity
I want to appreciate my own body and I want other people to appreciate my body
>dating
I have high standards for women and Id rather bring more to the table than less.
>parenting
I want my sons and daughters to look up to me not just as an authority figure, but as a role-model
>>
eh bump
>>
good reasons

There's also always that Socrates quote. Resonates with me as a student of philosophy #yolo
>>
>>36549778
>>36549778
>There's also always that Socrates quote

which one
>>
Fuck seriously

Guys stop making these threads, they're fucking useless and there's about 3 at any given time

Allow me to redirect you
>for grills >>>/fraud/
>for strength >>>/plg/
>for praise >>>/CBT/

Please never post one of these again

Like what the fuck goes through your mind
>hurt Durr LOL guise check it oot I ask why they lift cos I've got nothing to contribute and no real question

>>>/pol/
>>
>>36549799

Probably something about the body and mind being related and to exercise one is to improve the other.

Classic ancient Greek type mindset.
>>
I think about this a lot too. The obvious reason is
> to get stronger
but how strong do I need to be? If it's strong enough that my back doesn't hurt anymore and I can lift everything I need to lift, I'm already there. But unfortunately if you stop lifting you get weak again. And it turns out
> getting even stronger
and
> staying exactly as strong
take exactly the same effort, so
> just keep getting stronger.
>>
>>36549799

“No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.”
>>
>>36549714
mental health, man. No medication has ever helped my mental state as much as lifting has.
And some of it comes from seeing my body improve, sure. That improvement in self image is nice to have.
But even without that, lifting makes me feel good. I feel happier, less prone to anger. I sleep better, not just from being tired, but because I just drift off a little easier when I'm not stressed.

weightlifting therapy man. good for the body and the mind.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.