[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone ever been to a chiropractor? I'm looking for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 434x447) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 434x447
Has anyone ever been to a chiropractor? I'm looking for some neck pain and leg weakness numbness pin relief
>>
>>36549254
Chiropractors are evil jewish hacks who just want to take your money then sue you afterwards because that's what they learned in the talmud

go to an osteopath
>>
They are not certified medical professionals. I am technically a chiropractor as soon as my printer turns on and have an internet connection.
>>
>>36549254
Why not go see your village shaman instead, OP? Surely they're just as qualified. Try seeing a real doctor for your actual medical conditions. If you want to throw your money away for nothing, feel free to paypal it to me instead.
>>
>>36549287
chiropractoring is highly detailed in the talmud and torah next to the section on insurance fraud

don't fall for it OP, for your own sake
>>
I have been to one. I was desperate. Let them at my neck. Worked. So much relief, took a few sessions. But I maintain it was just a weekly massage my insurance covered.

Was a skeptic before I went, and I'm still skeptical. Previous replies are right, it's a pseudoscience scam most o' the time.

How desperate are you? It's easier to get a referral to a chiropractor than an osteopath, shit as it is.
>>
>>36549385
Osteopaths are more effective and legitimate than chiropracter-bergs.

Plus, osteopaths are usually covered under HSA plans or health insurance, compared to jewropractors
>>
>>36549254
Look for a DO in your area that practices Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine (OMM). They are Medical Professionals (physicians) that went to medical school, passed state boards, and can Federally prescribe medication.
>>
>>36549420
Just a smarter version of the chiropractor. Perhaps a high shaman.
>>
>>36549566
Osteopaths actually went to medical school and know their shit when it comes to bones, though.

>inb4 I'm replying to Chiropractor Internet Defense Force
>>
>>36549566
Found the Nurse
>>
don't listen to the haters, the only possible downsides to chiropractic medicine are vertebral artery dissection or stroke.
>>
>>36549577
>>36549608
All right:

>Andrew Taylor Still, M.D., D.O. was a 19th-century American physician and Civil War surgeon who founded osteopathic medicine. Following the loss of three of his children to spinal meningitis, Still became dissatisfied with contemporary medical practices and sought to further medical understanding and treatment.[3] Still claimed that human illness was rooted in problems with the musculoskeletal system, and that hands-on manipulations could solve these problems and so effect a cure by harnessing the body's own self-repairing potential.[4] Still's proposed treatment regime also included as strong dose of healthy living: he advocated abstinence from alcohol, and patients were forbidden from taking medicine
>Forbidden from taking medicine
>>
>>36549577
>>36549608
OMT is based on the idea that a myofascial continuity "links every part of the body with every other part"; a practitioner, through a "skillful and dexterous use of the hands" treats what was originally called "the osteopathic lesion", but which is now named "somatic dysfunction".[1] The most commonly treated ailment is back pain, although some practitioners claim OMT can be used to treat a wide range of conditions.[2] It has been proposed as effective for treating a number of diseases including asthma, pancreatitis, and Parkinson's disease.[1]
>Treating asthma by rubbing some muscles
>Treating pancreatitis with a little rubby rubby and stretchy wetchy
>>
>>36549577
>>36549608
>In 2013, a Cochrane Review reviewed six randomized controlled trials which investigated the effect of four types of chest physiotherapy (including OMT) as adjunctive treatments for pneumonia in adults and concluded that "based on current limited evidence, chest physiotherapy might not be recommended as routine additional treatment for pneumonia in adults."[20] A 2013 systematic review of the use of OMT for treating pediatric conditions concluded that its effectiveness was unproven.[21]
>In 2011, a systematic review found no compelling evidence that osteopathic manipulation was effective for the treatment of musculoskeletal pain.[22] A 2013 systematic review found insufficient evidence to rate osteopathic manipulation for chronic nonspecific low back pain.[23]

You may as well do a rain dance or the money ritual. At least the dance or sacrifices might be entertaining.
>>
>>36549654
>>36549670
I don't recommend the manipulation, but it should be noted that very few D.O. schools teach this stuff anymore and you shouldn't bolt out of the room when you see a D.O. diploma on your doctor's wall.
>>
>>36549654
>>36549670
>>36549691
Found the chiropractor
>>
>>36549577
>>36549566
>In 2004, the osteopathic physician Bryan E. Bledsoe, a professor of emergency medicine, wrote disparagingly of the "pseudoscience" at the foundation of OMT. In his view, "OMT will and should follow homeopathy, magnetic healing, chiropractic, and other outdated practices into the pages of medical history".[26]
>In 2010, Steven Salzberg wrote that OMT was promoted as a special distinguishing element of DO training, but that it amounted to no more than "'extra' training in pseudoscientific practices".[27]

Ahahaha
>>
>>36549695
Perhaps you are illiterate. I said DOs were only slightly better than a chiropractor.
>>
>>36549740
Yeah im not exactly 100% on D.Os but I'm 100% on my contempt and disdain for chiropractors

If there's no "doctorate of chiropractics" yet osteopathy is that fucked up, it makes one wonder exactly how fucked up chiropractics is
>>
>>36549772
What? Chiropractors get a doctorate.

It is just worthless.
>>
File: 1435290608639.png (492 KB, 2000x2019) Image search: [Google]
1435290608639.png
492 KB, 2000x2019
>>36549796
I STILL FUCKING HATE CHIROPRACTORS

FUCKING SHYSTER HACK MOTHERFUCKERS DONT KNOW WHAT THEYRE DOING WHEN THEY'RE NOT STUFFING THEIR FACE WITH BURGERS OR SUCKING THEIR OWN DICKS

REE
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.