[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Motivation/tips thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 500x655) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 500x655
/fit/, after a three month hiatus I will be getting back into the gym starting tomorrow. Any encouraging words/ tips to stay motivated this time?
>>
you wasted time, lost gains and grew weak, your shame should motivate you enough

why do casuals post on /fit ?
>>
>>36547744
>lifting is hard
Dieting is hard, lifting is so fucking easy holy fuck
>>
Does anyone have any advice for getting over gym anxiety?
>>
>>36547744
As long as you make a solid workout it will be fine.
>>
>>36547929

just go and stop listening to your internal mental babble
>>
Anyone have any advice for a landwhale trying to get over gym anxiety?
>>
>>36547929
Get big. Once you put on weight, you stop getting intimidated
>>
>>36547946
just go faget
>>
>>36547929
>>36547946
Mobile 4chan is an evil beast sometimes.
>>
>>36547744
Race war now kill dindus
>>
>>36547946
Everyone knows youre a disgusting landwhale. Just go work to lose it people wont judge your will to lose weight.
>>
>>36547946
Nobody gives a flying fuck about what you do in the gym. Nobody is watching. Everybodys caught up in their own shit.

The only person thinking about you in that situation is you, and your anxiety is making you feel bad for it. That's all there is.

Bonus: if you're REALLY fat, literally ANYBODY who will give a passing thought about your presence will think 'sure belongs here'
>>
Yell out "I'm Zyzz, brah!" before you deadlift.
>>
>>36547946
Just go. You can leave the gym at any time if you feel uncomfortable. Go enough times and it will feel normal and you can fuck in the showers
>>
>>36548024
Stop with this "no one is judging you" bullshit. People do judge, the whole idea is not to care if people are judging you.
>>
>>36547929
Go early or at non peak hours till youre comfortable with your routine
Then go at convenient hours and have headphones in
Helps to go with a friend until your comfortable enough to go alone
>>
>>36547744
>>36547929
>>36547946
just do it faggots
>>
>>36547946
Most people don't care, but for every one that thinks you should go away another will appreciate your effort and want you to stay.

Take little steps to get comfortable with things, then expand from there.
>>
>>36547744
Man I love this picture. So....youthful and good-looking, would tear up.
>>
>>36547744
>>36547929
>>36547946

Go on youtube and look up "epic gym fails" or something along those lines. Take note of the crazy ass shit that people are doing in the videos, and be sure not to do those things when you go to the gym, and you're golden
>>
>>36547946
you'll get some looks. but most gym goers have been in your spot before. i started as skinny as fuck skelly mode and I was scared shitless the first time I walked inside. my arms were smaller than my dick.
>>
Seriously, I'm so sick and tired of hearing the word motivation. It's a toxic fucking word that has done no good to anyone ever.

Motivation is LITERALLY (and I do use the word like it's supposed to be used) using the primitive parts of your brain. You know those automatic thoughts you get when you think about ANYTHING? Yeah, those thoughts, those are motivation-type thoughts. The same thoughts that cries and wants you to stop when you're repping out a set. But what do you do? You use the RATIONAL part of your brain and OVERRIDE these basic, primitive impulsive thoughts. You become DISCIPLINED. You start to critically think about your thoughts and not just act upon them like a fucking ape.

Motivation will never be there for you when you really need it.
Discipline is doing shit regardless of how you feel because you know it's the RIGHT FUCKING THING TO DO.

get the fuck off this board you piece of shit
>>
>>36547929
>>36547946
Just move your arms and legs in a manner that gets you there. Separate your actions from your thoughts
>>
File: chuck close.png (125 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
chuck close.png
125 KB, 500x375
>>36550763
This x10000

Lifting isn't some spiritual experience or symbolic ceremony. It's a fucking hobby
>>
>>36550763
involving yourself in a million charity benefits is the right thing to do. getting up in the morning and volunteering at a homeless shelter is the right thing to do. selfishness and direction is what it takes for a person to be realized, motivating yourself is the only way to achieve that.
>>
>>36550855
While what you're saying is true and I agree to some extent, let's be realistic here. The "right" thing to do is to some extent subjective and for some people, the right thing for them is to workout. They want to, and probably think about it every day. Whenever they look themselves in the mirror etc. But they are not "motivated" for fucking stupid reasons. Everytime they think about it, the first thought that comes to mind is "oh no", "that sounds awful", "id rather stay home and play vidya" etc. etc. etc. One day, they find a motivational speech video and decide to to workout. This is a good thing right? Fuck no. The movitational effect, as WE ALL KNOW, fades. We can watch the same ass video over and over but if we don't PHYSICALLY change our BRAIN STRUCTURE to OVERRIDE our IMPULSES to say NO every time we think about working out, we're fucked in the long term. This is when shit threads like these pop up. "Oh I've watched so many motivational videos but I still can't get my ass to the gym, maybe I'll ask /fit/ for other sources herp fucking derp".
>>
>>36547744
>>36547946
>>36547929

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0WxyKGD7sU
>>
>>36550763
>>36550907
Tell me more about motivation and discipline.
>>
>>36547929
You do not exist.

"Fear is proof of a degenerate mind"

- Virgil
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.