[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My best friend, who is also my flatmate, is morbidly obese and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: VbY5sB0.jpg (57 KB, 919x720) Image search: [Google]
VbY5sB0.jpg
57 KB, 919x720
My best friend, who is also my flatmate, is morbidly obese and has been talking about dieting.

I've been on his case about this diet non stop all week, pushing him drink water instead of soda and having him eat meat and vegetables instead of so many carbohydrates.

I found a receipt on the floor, a receipt from Mcdonalds. From the first day his diet started, two big macs, one chocolate sunday, large chips and a large coke with no ice.

I hit him up about it and the lie developed from 'I wasn't at Mcdonalds' to 'I ordered a chicken wrap, that wasn't my order' (I know what he always orders at Mcdonalds).

I feel like I should just fucking give up on him. How can he lie for an entire week about dieting.

I don't think there anything I can reasonably do to assist or help at this point. The ball seems to be in his court, it's his choice if he goes to fucking Mcdonalds.
>>
>>36544658
His funeral senpai, you did what you could to help.
But the bottom line is if he cannot find the motivation to get healthier in himself, he will never change
>>
>>36544690
Yeah, I pretty much have come to the same conclusion. The post here was just to vent desu, I'm pretty fucking angry.
>>
>>36544763
If he really is serious about losing weight though, you should confront him about this bullshit.
The only down side is it could make things awkward later on if he just does not want to change
>>
>>36544800
About a year ago, he did some diet involving milkshakes and shit his doctor put him on and he dropped some weight.

Of course the weight has since then been packed back on.

I'm guessing he does actually want to change.
>>
>>36544658
he wont change who he is until he feels like he wants to do it, he will continue eating like trash until he inevitably has a heart attack or some kind of stroke and then if he lives, he might consider losing a lil bit of weight but until that happens, remain hopeful.
>>
>>36544819
you never know OP, he could just be one little push away from changing. Some positive reinforcement might help in my opinion
>>
>>36544658
Did he cheat any other time but the first day?

Some people can't start dieting cold turkey. I would give him another chance if the only fuck up was on day 1. If he has snuck food the whole time, though, I'd be done assisting.
>>
>>36544658
A morbidly obese chick I went to university with died a few weeks ago from a heart attack. She was 22, and while she wasn't bed ridden, she couldn't drive a car because her belly was so damn fat.

It's up to your friend, you can't make him change, only he can. Sounds like he needs to visit his doctor again. It's a reality check if someone with a medical degree says you've got 2 years to live.
>>
he's literally addicted to a drug in his brain

you need to understand this
>>
I have a family friend, who is a trained psychologist, coming over to talk to him in a few hours. I was harsh on him this morning with my anger, I feel remorse because maybe it has done him no good. I think he's crying at the moment :<
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.