[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much does /fit/ really know about health and fitness?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: ArnieSynthesisesHGH.jpg (70 KB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
ArnieSynthesisesHGH.jpg
70 KB, 768x432
All questions I ask will be at the level that I expect my 16yo students to get right (GCSE level):

1) DESCRIBE two adaptations that occur in the respiratory system as a result of endurance/aerobic training

2) EXPLAIN the condition ‘blood pooling’ that can occur after exercise?

3) DESCRIBE three health benefits of physical activity:

I look forward to your answers.
>>
>>36541856
>just lift brah, start LIFTING, get in shape dude!
You hit the GYM HARD, while Chad eats pizza

Girls look at your gymcel body and think "ewww what a try hard" while they look at the chad and think "i love him, he just does what he wants, not even concerned about the whole lifting thing".

Chad STILL looks INFINITELY better than you because of his GENETICALLY DETERMINED HEIGHT, FACE and FRAME.

Why haven't you learnt yet?

It's either ALPHA GENETICS, or BETA RESULTS.
>>
>>36541883
I'm afraid that you haven't answered any of the questions or put them into the correct format, you will need to try again.
>>
>>36541883
I fukken keked
>>
>>36541856
What the fuck class is this for?
>>
>>36542046
PE, it isn't all kicking a football, half repping everything and sitting on machines checking instagram.
>>
>>36541856
1) increased amounts of alveols and bigger inspiratory peak volume, increased size of lounges

2) When a muscle is activated for aerobic work, precapillary sfinnkters open more vessel in the tissue to ensure the muscle gets more oxygen and nutrition. If you stop the exercises promptly, you will have an increased amount of blood in the muscle even after exercise

3) a) increased stroke volume in the heart b) lower heart rate, which lowers the strain on the vascular system c) simulation of important muscles, 'use it or lose it'. You gotta work your body to stay in shape

Rate my answers teach
>>
>>36542109
>1) increased amounts of alveols and bigger inspiratory peak volume, increased size of lounges
Wording isn't quite what I'd use but it'd pass

>2) When a muscle is activated for aerobic work, precapillary sfinnkters open more vessel in the tissue to ensure the muscle gets more oxygen and nutrition. If you stop the exercises promptly, you will have an increased amount of blood in the muscle even after exercise
Very good but I'm not sure what the first bit was about, the second half was almost on the money but passes nonetheless

>3) a) increased stroke volume in the heart b) lower heart rate, which lowers the strain on the vascular system c) simulation of important muscles, 'use it or lose it'. You gotta work your body to stay in shape
Exceptional answer

3/3, well done.

for a bonus mark - what adverse effects can result as a part of blood pooling?
>>
>I just read about these things today so I will post on /fit/ acting like I knew it all along and everyone should.
>>
>>36542165
>what adverse effects can result as a part of blood pooling?
hoes mirin left and right, mr brofesor
>>
kek this reminded me of a story in high school

>be competing in weightlifting at the European level in high school
>doing a lesson on somatypes
>PE teacher asks us the ideal build of a weightlifter
>nobody at this point knows I compete at the European level because I'm a quiet dude
>raise my hand and say mesomorph, meso/endo in the higher weight classes
>she says that's wrong and it's ecto/meso
>I point out that ectos generally have long levels and make poor weightlifters
>I just roll my eyes and shake my head and say ''ok''
>get sent out of class, she comes out and says I have an attitude problem
>say I compete at a European level in WL and the curriculum is wrong
>''weightlifting is a sport..?''

Literally this woman was the biggest bitch, later said to me weightlifting wasn't a sport yet heavily pushed dodgeball. Pretty sure she tried to climb Everest and gave up shortly after.
>>
>>36542165
Blood pooling leads to swelling and pain, if prolonged local edemas.

I'm a med student tho, i should know these things kek
>>
>>36541856
>1) DESCRIBE two adaptations that occur in the respiratory system as a result of endurance/aerobic training

Lungs get flappy and blood grows

>2) EXPLAIN the condition ‘blood pooling’ that can occur after exercise?

Your blood forms pools which soaks your muscles

>3) DESCRIBE three health benefits of physical activity:

Better blood, pooling legs, master heart.
>>
>>36542197
Its my job to know, I have posted on here for a few years, I've done my lesson plans so I thought I'd sit in the gazebo with my laptop.

>>36542239
That's not an adverse effect, but at least you know what a pump is

>>36542272
Thanks for shoe horning in your story, but I'd say my questions apply to pretty much anyone in good health.
Also, I'm yet to meet a woman who knows her shit about physical education, women can be coached to do things correctly with ease, but every female colleague I've had is a typical bimbo, makes my job easier though.

>>36542276
I'd be more concerned if you didn't know them
>>
>>36542328
Sorry m8 PE teachers trigger me.
>>
>>36542272
>climbing Everest

Man this shit is such a joke now, it's literally meaningless
>>
A yet unnamed benefit is increased bone-density and thus healthier bones if I'm not mistaken.
>>
ah great now that I'm aware that my lungs have more alveoli I'm healthier and better at training

>???

Flagellating over useless facts is the reason American education is in the trash. Maybe if you taught students the relationship between VO2/VO2MAX ratio and oxidation of fat or other processes, they could actually apply it to being healthy.

As of now your students know "yup the body adapts and aerobic training makes you better at aerobic training"

You're a shit teacher and should consider suicide
>>
>>36542561
Not really his fault. He's probably forced to cover certain material in the class either by national, state, or district requirements. Sometimes, the amount of required material can take up the whole duration of a course such that there is no time for material that is more practical.

He's probably been brainwashed by now into thinking that the material he is required to cover is actually the helpful information.
>>
>>36542664
Yup, which is why the best teachers are the ones that push back against the curriculum a bit

OP is obviously not one of them or he wouldn't be jerking off to the fact that he knows the biomechanics of a pump on 4chan
>>
>>36542109
>sfinnkters
>>
>>36541856
>Mitochondrial biogenesis in the respiratory system
>Hypertrophy of cardiac muscle fibres

>Never heard of that. I'm guessing metabolic hyperaemia? Basically metabolic wastes dictate dictate how much blood goes to an area. More cellular activity, more waste, more blood flow. Adrenaline and other hormones have more of a secondary role in that kind of stuff.

>Stronger erections
>Gittin' yo dopamine fix
>Being swole and sexually appealing
>>
>>36541856
Coming to /fit/ to get answers for your homework. Just imply fit isn't as smart as students and it works apparently.
>>
>>36543010
That's why you feed him answers far outside the curriculum.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.