[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
no lift for 3 months
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: 1389409851458.jpg (28 KB, 468x351) Image search: [Google]
1389409851458.jpg
28 KB, 468x351
had a surgery a week ago. Doc told me I can't lift for 3 months. I have lost around 4 kg. Life sucks. Will I ever be able to get back the way I was before surgery? Anybody had simillar happened to him? Any advice? 3 months is so long time.
>>
That blows. I coudln't lift for 3 weeks and I feel like my body has gone to shit.
>>
Havent gone through anything similar, but id say start off light when you get back into. Get your body used to working out again before you go back to your regular routine.

You will be set back by seemingly an awful amount. But it will come back pretty fast too.

It sucks balls that youre gonna lose all that progress, but use it as motivation. Make it your goal to get back to where you were
>>
>>36541448
Ask your doc if you can do any body weight movements to keep your muscles active
>>
>>36541492
thanks for the reply! The most annoying thing is not beeing able to do anything that I used too. Lifting was part of my life. I feel like going crazy sitting on my ass and not doing anything. It can drive me crazy.
>>
>>36541523
..asked...only cardio type of exercices after one month. 3 month is minimum for anything else.
>>
>>36541448
I'm not understanding you. what do you mean no lifting because of surgery? unless it was something done to your lower back or abdomen, I'm sure there is something you can do. work around injuries and drop the weight. do enough to just activate the muscle and do cardio. try try to keep what you have as much as possible.
>>
>>36541550
gallbladder remowal. I have 3 incisions on my abs and a hole on the side. If I lift there is a chance to develop hernya. THe upper cutt is the most problematic. It heals much slover. 1% healing at a day. that means 100 days till full recovery.
>>
Can you do push-ups and body weight squats?

Might be better then nothing.Sprinting may also help for an explosive leg workout/cardio.
>>
>>36541592
ah okay that makes way more sense. Didn't mean to come off like a dick, there's just a lot of people that make lame excuses for not working hard. To keep what you have as much as possible is really going to be a mental challenge. Even though you aren't training you'll need to keep to your diet and not get complacent. People often times say fuck it and eat whatever they want during periods like this. Your diet is going to be the most important thing for the next 3 months. When you get back to lifting you'll have to drop the weight and will be weaker. Up side is you'll be completely recouped from any other injuries and you'll gain back what you have now and maybe even more. I think you should set up a 6 month plan. 3 months to plan diet and incorporate cardio, once you can, then 2 weeks to get back into the gym where you aren't experiencing doms, then 3 months to get back where you are. Good luck man, and be careful with infections.
>>
>>36541448
got surgery to correct testicle, couldn't do anything(no weight no carsio just lay in bed and walk a little) for 40 days straight, after that i could do lightweight and by lightweight i mean curls with nothing more then 4kg. 3 months with no lift baiscally and got back to serious lifting. 3-4 months and got almost same strenght and size
>>
>>36541448
lmao nolegs
>>
>>36541655
after a month I guess I am alloved to do that
>>
l-glycine
MSM

thank me later
>>
>>36541680
I hope to be able to do the same!
>>
>>36541737
just hold strong, post surgery depression kicked me hard, was all fucked for 2-3 weeks.
>>
File: 1457609401850.jpg (206 KB, 536x1000) Image search: [Google]
1457609401850.jpg
206 KB, 536x1000
>>36541711
>>
>>36541827
I really like that comic, do you mind if I share it on my family's whatsapp group? My dad will totally get the joke because he said himself my leg was too big once when I walked out of the shower naked LOL
>>
>>36541448
who is this pussyslayer?
>>
Getting back the muscle mass you once had is easier than getting new. Focus on just getting better so you can have your gains back as soon as possible. Medfag here.
>>
File: 1458795953995-fit.jpg (17 KB, 462x459) Image search: [Google]
1458795953995-fit.jpg
17 KB, 462x459
>>36541448
Nigga I've got banned for 3 months from my local gym twice. Keep doing body weight shit at home but still took a massive hit in the gaines
>>
>>36542062
some water polo fag that used to post here
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.