[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bench Press
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
I watched Alan Thrall's video about bench pressing (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYKScL2sgCs), and in it he mentions that it's not the only technique; that bodybuilders often do it some other way, which is more for aesthetics and less for strength (obviously both techniques give you both, but you know the drill)

My question here is, what is the aesthetic bench pressing technique? Is there any cons to it, like is it bad for your shoulders?
>>
having low bf
>>
>>36540854
they generally bench closer to a guillotine press. Yes it has more potential to wreck your shoulders.
>>
>>36540854
Don't lock out reps for more time under tension
>>
Smart lifters mix it up. Some days close grip no arch, some days close grip arching, some days wide grip no arch, most days wide grip arching.
>>
>>36540973
>>36540980
Is there any other way to achieve the aesthetics, without killing your shoulders while doing it?
>>
Most bodybuilders bench like shit because thats the only way they know to bench.
The correct technique is to pull shoulders back and down as much as possible sit with ass and feet tight ,big belly air and learn how to move the elbow in pressing movements.
>>
>>36541005
use dumbbells if all you're looking for is a pump.
>>
>>36540854
>My question here is, what is the aesthetic bench pressing technique?

It's a very individual thing, because, with enough proprioception, a bodybuilder can do the exact same movement three times and work three diffrent muscle groups each time.

When you can move, flex and relax any muscle on your body at will, you'll learn that some movements let you contract certain areas harder than other movements.

It'll be very, very specific to you - that's why most bodybuilding routines are completly batshit insane. They're used by a person with specific insertion, for their specific movement patterns.

Also
>Alan Thrall
>Bench Pressing

Pick one. The dude's the exact opposite of a curl&bench bro and he's so natty it hurts.
For bench pressing go watch any video at Supertraining06 where they work with a bodybuilder and teach him how to press for weight and not for muscle development. Do the reverse of that and you're halfway there.
>>
Literally the only difference is how you hold the bar. A more aesthetic press you should be trying to bend the bar so the weights go toward your feet through the whole movement. It's a lot harder.
>>
>>36541005
just do a medium grip PL style bench press. it works the chest just fine, especially if you learn how to 'use' the chest. look up lyle mcdonald's "benching with the pecs" article.
>>
>>36541005
Pick another exercise
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.