[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are cold showers a meme? Anyone experience the benefits?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6
File: misogi.jpg (230 KB, 679x960) Image search: [Google]
misogi.jpg
230 KB, 679x960
Are cold showers a meme? Anyone experience the benefits?
>>
File: 1458858415.jpg (707 KB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
1458858415.jpg
707 KB, 5000x5000
they work senpai
>>
Fuck yea, cold showers in the morning feels fucking great.

Tfw practicing my jab cross and dancing in the showers freezing my nuts off daily
>>
>>36534314
There's some evidence behind it. I just do slightly cooler than body temp. Hot water is bad for your skin
>>
>>36534314
>Are cold showers a meme?
Yes. They want you to get sick all the time in the winter.
>>
>>36534314
Yes and no.

It's no cure-all but it will make your skin better apparently. Relying on it as some life-changing practice however is a bit silly.
>>
fuck that

hellfire water or get me the fuck out.
>>
>>36534314
you should be at least be prepared to take a cold shower from time to time since you dont know if someday you gonna be poor, or the gym shower would not gonna work well or for some reason the hot water is not working in your house, you are already late and you have 2 days without taking a shower and you cant head up like that to work, i dont like cold water but i dont have a problem with it either
>>
File: 1418359307182.png (356 KB, 712x534) Image search: [Google]
1418359307182.png
356 KB, 712x534
>>36534314
I stopped taking warm showers a few months back, you get used to it pretty quick and it gets boring. Havent had a cwarm or neutral shower since.
You feel better after showering cold, not like a steamed vegetable, it's also not cold when you step out of the shower wich is very nice. I sometimes wenn my heart is pounding out of my chest at night i can't sleep unless i take a cold shower to cool off. It always helps me sleep better.

Don'tdo cold baths doe, i did that once in the evening and i think that made me sick, was cold for 3hours afterwards.
>>
File: concerned_dog.jpg (21 KB, 350x233) Image search: [Google]
concerned_dog.jpg
21 KB, 350x233
>>36538903
Even colder than when i was water fasting
>>
Cold showers empower your restitutional rights while hot showers empower your gains by not slowing down growth signals.
>Source: 2-3 tests done by different researchers

Cold showers also help with acne and you'll feel fresh as fuck in general.

For gains I'd say warm showers, but not steaming hot for the sake of skin gains.
>>
It's for mental gains anon. Mental toughness will help you talking to girls. Stop being a faggot and start taking cold showers
>>
I had no hot water for a bit more than a month last winter and had to take ice cold showers.
Eventually you get used to the pain, but still, I wouldn't wish that to anyone.

Now if you're talking about regular cold shower, they are pretty great during summer.
>>
Hell yeah man. After i took a cold shower i felt so much more awake and skin felt way better than b4. Tho u gotta b in the right mood to take a cold shower u kno
>>
File: file60126575_7ccb46d9.jpg (94 KB, 900x544) Image search: [Google]
file60126575_7ccb46d9.jpg
94 KB, 900x544
>>36534314
it's not
these people basically never catch a cold or flu
>>
>>36534314
I kinda treat my showers the same i way i treat my diet, cold showers most of the time but sometimes i'll take a hot shower, like with a cheat meal.
>>
>>36534314
There is some evidence that they can be beneficial for those with depression
>>
File: 1450100101951.jpg (54 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
1450100101951.jpg
54 KB, 500x667
>>36540282
Showers are my cheat meals, anon
>>
They supposedly help your metabolism, depression, keep your skin firm, and SUPPOSEDLY aid in weightloss. Not so sure though, this is all shit I read about online from not entirely reliable sources. Either way, cold showers ain't for lil bitches so IF U AINT A LIL BITCH..........
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.